It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Takei: Clarence Thomas is a "Clown in Blackface"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
If....

Another "if"? Why can't people deal with reality? Need fantasy to make a point? It doesn't work that way with thinking people.

Wait so thinking people dont use possible instances or other possible scenarios to make decisions ? or come to conclusions?

That sounds counter intuitive to "thinking"

My statement stands , like it or dont, I dont really care
edit on 7/3/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Clarence Thomas has been making black people sick since the day they put him on the court

As well any other downtrodden political underdog like gays.

it doesnt make the statement any less racist no matter the reasoning behind it

On its face for a non black person to use the term “black face” may seem like racism to you but to me its just George saying Thomas is a traitorous disgrace to black or oppressed people.

The term black face just indicates that he is black on the outside but something else inside like a traitor; fool, particularly by juxtaposing “dignity” with some abstract that has nothing to do with humiliating suffering and everything to do with nebulous pride, or ego.

Indeed, a wholly ignorant and meaningless proposition which indicates the bottomless ignorance of Clarence TOM Thomas.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

If....

Another "if"? Why can't people deal with reality? Need fantasy to make a point? It doesn't work that way with thinking people.

Wait so thinking people dont use possible instances or other possible scenarios to make decisions ? or come to conclusions?

No. Fearful people do. Others deal with reality.

Quite frankly unenlightened thinking doesn't impress me. So.... back at ya.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
When I first saw this a few days I was ready to agree with Takei without knowing what Thomas actually.

When I actually read what Thomas said, I thought, "He (Thomas) is not exactly wrong."

Really?

This is what Thomas wrote:

Human dignity has long been understood in this country to be innate. When the Framers proclaimed in the Declaration of Independence that “all men are created equal” and “endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights,” they referred to a vision of mankind in which all humans are created in the image of God and therefore of inherent worth. That vision is the foundation upon which this Nation was built.

The corollary of that principle is that human dignity cannot be taken away by the government. Slaves did not lose their dignity (any more than they lost their humanity) because the government allowed them to be enslaved. Those held in internment camps did not lose their dignity because the government confined them. And those denied governmental benefits certainly do not lose their dignity because the government denies them those benefits. The government cannot bestow dignity, and it cannot take it away.

His insane argument is that states not recognizing gay marriages isn't taking away their dignity. He constructs this argument by stating that dignity cannot be taken away; that it is inherent.

George Takei, having once been forced into one of these 'not-dignity-taking' internment camps, took issue with his comparison. For good reason. Take a step back and look at the implications of what Thomas is saying:

If states not recognizing gay marriages is fine and dandy to Mr. Thomas because governments can't take away or bestow dignity, then so are internment camps; so is slavery.

Screw it, kill everyone for every minor infraction, because it wouldn't be taking their dignity... just their life. This seems to be the line of thought Thomas has traveled down.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

If....

lol yes calling someone an Uncle Tom and engaging in slandering another person is so enlightened

LoL do you even listen to yourself

Thanks for the insult btw , really classy MOD behavior
edit on 7/3/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

This "what if" is crucial to proving my assertion that extreme hypocrisy is at work here.

If I started throwing out the N word just to prove a point it would still be racist.......

The OP is a real life illustration of something, a reaction, that apparently, you object to. Can you give a real life example of something that occurred that is comparable to George Takei's reaction to what Clarence Thomas said that isn't a "What if?" scenario?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: grandmakdw

This "what if" is crucial to proving my assertion that extreme hypocrisy is at work here.

If I started throwing out the N word just to prove a point it would still be racist.......

The OP is a real life illustration of something, a reaction, that apparently, you object to. Can you give a real life example of something that occurred that is comparable to George Takei's reaction to what Clarence Thomas said that isn't a "What if?" scenario?

any statement ever said by a conservative that was crucified for being racist.........

Thats ok tho you can keep defending racism if you want, it says more about those of you that are

Then it does about me or anyone else calling it like it is

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

If....

lol yes calling someone an Uncle Tom and engaging in slandering another person is so enlightened

Is he? Sure looks like one. Party before principles.

LoL do you even listen to yourself

Don't need to. I have yet to see ANY input that would lead me to think George wasn't backing Black vs GOP.

Thanks for the insult btw , really classy MOD behavior

Limp.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Takei just set the standard for name calling.

He has "justified" using racial slurs when anybody is victimized by cross-race comments.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

any statement ever said by a conservative that was crucified for being racist.........

Can't think of a comparable instance? That's cool!

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

He has "justified" using racial slurs when anybody is victimized by cross-race comments.

Takei just backed up the plight of black slavery when a person of extreme importance should have.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Takei just backed up the plight of black slavery when a person of extreme importance should have.

by enforcing and perpetuating the victim stance mentality LMAO

You progressives are so funny with your insestant need to not let the black community, and indeed label anyone an uncle tom, who would pull them out of victim thinking

And THEN make excuses with actual racist remarks are made.......

Who are the real racists again? oh ya conservatives...

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Who are the real racists again? oh ya conservatives...

In this case.... maybe.... again. Takei experienced the largess of the US gov. in WW2. He used it in his thoughts about the plight of Black people. It is accurate. Thomas(a Black person) said that slaves had dignity? They were stripped of it methodically. So who's racist here. The Asian dude that is pointing out the past injustices or the Black SC Justice that is poopooing on his own people?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

George Takei is catching flack for his seemingly racist statement

TIL: Progressives cannot be racists, even when they say (and mean) racist things.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist

George Takei is catching flack for his seemingly racist statement

TIL: Progressives cannot be racists, even when they say (and mean) racist things.

Non-progressives take things as they like to see things that aren't really there. I hate this partisan crap but jeez, give it a break.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Oh sorry forgot that we're not allowed to call Progressives out over their BS - especially if it's endemic.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

by enforcing and perpetuating the victim stance mentality LMAO

So slaves and people from the internment camps weren't victims?

You progressives are so funny with your insestant need to not let the black community, and indeed label anyone an uncle tom, who would pull them out of victim thinking

What Thomas said was idiotic at best. Anyone that thinks one person cannot take away another persons dignity is a fool.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist

Oh sorry forgot that we're not allowed to call Progressives out over their BS - especially if it's endemic.

That's SO regressive.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I don't always see eye to eye with ya. But I appreciate the work you are putting in this thread and i agree with everything you said.

I'd give ya an applause if I could. So an imaginary cold beer will do.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
More interpretive racism. Had he called him the n-word, yeah, but I think George deserves a little leeway here since he knows a thing or two about racism and discrimination. This is a non-story and nothing but a personal insult, not a broad, racist comment.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join