It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You Throw A Pebble In The Water and Not Get A Ripple?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: athousandlives

Where did the original program begin? Did it start with this life? The ripple effect most likely occurred many lives ago. For this life as in any other I am certain that environment and upbringing plays a huge role. There must be a way to stop the ripple effect, right? What does it take to reprogram or cease the obvious overt attacks on our consciousness?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

A ripple is upon a liquid surface. A vibration is upon anything .

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Are you referring to past lives and the cycle of reincarnation?
I don't know, I used to believe firmly in that, because that's the kind of upbringing/programming I had, (there it is again! lol)
But whilst I don't discard that possibility, I believe our truth is far more complicated and mysterious than that and not something we can ascertain in this realm/dimension.
But I do think we also get some programming from our genes and ancestors, definitely, science still has a lot to discover in that respect.

How to stop the ripple effect once and for all?
Maybe that's why we are here?
To learn, step by step, failing, trying again, consciously or uncounsciously, slowly making our way to liberation?
Who knows, according to legend that is what Siddhartha managed to achieve in his lifetime.
Maybe even Jesus and many other 'gurus'.
All I know is that from what I have tasted, there is indeed another way.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Uuuh Ohhhh I was just throwing pebbles across a lake the other day with my kids... lol

I suppose we all have a bad habit of residual tendencies of the mind. To learn we gota step away for a bit to experience and see the other side.

The hard part is stopping the habitual reaction from occurring. You know the old saying, it goes something like it takes 30 days to form a habit, but 90 to break it. Of course if we go into it with that mind set, well there we go on the merry go round.

leolady

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

originally posted by: Reverbs

Ripple me this batman, who is the water?
Thinking Bruce Lee had something to say about that.

I personally like getting reprogrammed.
I can live from your angle if I choose. It's fun.

I don't like control freaks.

Oh, and a ripple from the center is more powerful than a bunch of ripples that start at the edges..

Maybe, the water is a blank canvas. Maybe, the dispersal of energy from the center gets pushed outwardly creating larger ripples that increase the energy from the original. So, maybe the power increases and the further it goes the more powerful it becomes.

if thats the case, we are missing the negative of the masterpiece. troughs become crests and crests become troughs.

edit on 3-7-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Speaking in absolutes does not make what you say the truth, only your perception of said ripples and lack of water is subjective based on your own perception. Maybe the water does exist and maybe the ripples do occur from the throwing of a pebble.

Sorry, man. That was like the scene from The Matrix when the little bald child told Neo that the spoon didn't exist...Thought everyone would catch that, sorry.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
nipples made it happen

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I respectfully disagree, a ripple can occur anywhere, a vibration creates a ripple in energy. Ripples do not just occur in liquid. That is just one form of a ripple. Time. Electricity. Gravity. Anything that has a wave or frequency has a ripple effect attached to it.

<< 1   >>

join