It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question to those that support Southerners flying the Confederate Flag

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Thanks for flying that flag. Now I can't wait till Cinco de Mayo !!!

I know a good time is had by all when you see that flag flying before and during the festival . I love the way they express their feelings while assimilating into one country and honoring their traditions from their heritage.

One of the things that still makes me proud to be a human is when people carry-on traditions and honor their ancestors .

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Exactly so I'm not sure why the people are allowing all this rackus to run amock in regards to the confederate flag.

Distraction and separation once again.

Guess which one of the following will become a topic in the debates.

1. Where do you stand on the confederate flag.

or

2. What is you plan to remove monetary influences on our congress, infinite super pacs, limited Congregational terms, Money being the only means to get our politicians ear, and only using public funding to run for office.

edit on 12731America/ChicagoFri, 03 Jul 2015 11:12:43 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

You are right, i will edit my post.... But why wold they do that?

The racism propaganda is too strong.... There is racism in America, but not in the amount they transpire. And the Confederate flag is not the culprit here... just an escape goat.
edit on rd15FridayFridayamFri, 03 Jul 2015 11:02:23 -0500 by Syllar because: (no reason given)

edit on rd15FridayFridayamFri, 03 Jul 2015 11:02:50 -0500 by Syllar because: (no reason given)

Btw, they still have no problems in making an ISIS cake.

edit on rd15FridayFridayamFri, 03 Jul 2015 11:07:39 -0500 by Syllar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I remember going to the canadian side of the falls when I was a kid and seeing ALL THE FLAGS flying high.
I believe there are places here that have the same thing, like the UN. It's my understanding that it's okay as long as the flag of the home country is flown higher than the rest.
do you also have a problem with all those sport's fans flying their team flags?
If you see one of those flags flying in front of someone's home, does it mean that everyone if a giant fan of the team, or even that any of them are devout loyal fans? I don't think it does, we can only assume..
maybe the same can be said of the confederate flag, we can only assume as to what that flag means to any individual.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I didn't say anyone is doing that, but there a bunch of people running around and acting like that is what is occurring.

Like I said in my previous respond above , I don't understand the big ruckus about this flag is?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Agreed.

originally posted by: interupt42

In the living room. LOL! Seriously, I don't give a rat's ass about it. I don't think it should be flown on a building where laws are made any more that the Rainbow flag, the Mexican flag, or semaphore flags, but that's my opinion. But if the government bans the use of a flag, it would violate the first amendment, and I have a HUGE problem with that.

2. What is you plan to remove monetary influences on our congress, infinite super pacs, limited Congregational terms, Money being the only means to get our politicians ear, and only using public funding to run for office.

Now there's a question with some MEAT!

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Syllar
But why wold they do that?

For business reasons? That's why any corporation does anything. They probably don't sell a LOT of things because the public is very influential and their opinions drive the market. It's their free choice. It's the free market. There are plenty of businesses who continue to sell it. Why would they do that? For the same reason! That's freedom, baby!

Btw, they still have no problems in making an ISIS cake.

They didn't KNOW it was an ISIS cake! The customer gave them a picture and they recreated the picture on a cake, never knowing what they were making. Good job buying into the propaganda!

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
This is America. do you realize how many Mexican flags are flying in peoples yards right now in this country?

I would guess there is as many Mexico flags flying as there are confederate ones here.. And no one gives a rats ass..

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

What about this flag?

Those migrants chose to flee hardship and came to America to pursue a better life-and what followed was the most infamous criminal organization in history.

Armed with that knowledge would we stop all Italians from waving the Italian flag? people wear green on St. Patricks days without understanding why some wear green, and if they knew the truth would we ban the color green?

edit on 3-7-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

You made a really good point.

I will rethink my standing points... but i still think is wrong the "ban" of something just because it became "unpopular".

Is'nt it part of the free market to let people buy what they want?

edit on rd15FridayFridayamFri, 03 Jul 2015 11:27:01 -0500 by Syllar because: After thought

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Yup Thats the point,

The MSM and the debates will throw in the meaningless question about the flag in order to divide and distract the people from the real question that should be asked.

The sad thing is , that people will continue to allow them to do it and get distracted from the real issues.

When a question like this comes up in the MSM or the debates people should be pissed off and call them out on it.

Come debate time mark my words they will discuss Topic 1 and not 2:

or

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
This is a funny thread, yeah I support flying both flags for the same reasons you mentioned. I honestly see nothing wrong with flying the Mexican flag, as it represents a culture as well. Then again I'm a liberal who happens to dislike censorship.

How would you like it if the Mexican flag was banned, O.P.?
edit on 03amFri, 03 Jul 2015 11:24:13 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I'd fly it cause it looks cool.
But I won't, cause I care not to offend a neighbor or two. And I don't even speak to them.
It's getn to the point that, when I see these type of threads, I think one of three things....
1. Is thus dude/Lady tryn to start some dookie?
2. Is this dude/Lady starting this thread for attention?
3. Is this dude/Lady lookn for stars and flags (no pun intended) and in this for the numbers?

Hell, I'm of Scottish/Irish decent WITH Celtic Viking blood on one side
German/Scandinavian decent WITH Scandinavian Viking blood on the other.
But I was born in America....so that makes me AMERICAN.
I fly none of these flags......cause they don't look cool enough.
Anybody offended?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

You made a really good point.

Well, thanks.

but i still think is wrong the "ban" of something just because it became "unpopular".

The actual meaning of "ban" is an official or legal prohibition of something. In other words, what you're talking about aren't "bans", because they are not imposed by an authority. What we're seeing from those companies like WalMart and Viacom (Dukes of Hazzard reruns) are not bans, they are FREE CHOICES.

So, now that we're clear on that, do you still think it's wrong for a company to make a CHOICE to stop selling something because it's unpopular? Do you think every toy store should still sell Slinkies and Hula Hoops? Is it "wrong" for a book store to choose not to sell the Koran or My Pet Goat? Is it "wrong" for McDonald's to choose not to sell health food?

Come on! There are no confederate flag "Bans" anywhere. It's an emotional term used by people who simply disagree with the CHOICES of others. Is that who you are?
edit on 7/3/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

6 Companies Ban confederate flag sales

Private companies are free to sell whatever they want...do you want to force them to sell it?

Your rant seems kind of pointless if you can't provide an example of a Government ban.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

The racism propaganda is too strong.... There is racism in America, but not in the amount they transpire. And the Confederate flag is not the culprit here... just an escape goat.

:

Someone, catch that silly goat and pin a flag to his tail before he tramples all over our rights to self expression and free enterprise. Commie transpitorial scum!

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
Then again I'm a liberal who happens to dislike censorship.

Is someone being censored?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

You are both right.

What they are doing is free... and if i had a business i'd like to have that liberty. I get that now.

Thanks for your feedback.

I just hope the censorship those not spread to the government.
edit on rd15FridayFridayamFri, 03 Jul 2015 11:35:55 -0500 by Syllar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Easy there, i'm not a commie, i hate labels.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I just hope the censorship those not spread to the government.

"Censor" is also imposed by an authority. "officially and suppress unacceptable parts"

There is no censorship, either. There is only CHOICE, based on public approval, which is what companies (and governments) do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join