It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fast food is an easy job everyone can do...

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Anyone who makes it possible for you lazy fat ass busy bodies to go about wasting your time and wealth on meaningless bull# more efficiently deserves a living wage for making your meaningless existence easier to manage.

Yeah, I know, probably get gigged for that post for it's being ill mannered....

PC is the destroyer of all things both good and bad for the sake of making things that cannot be made to taste like anything other than the # they are easier to swallow.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AbstractDreamz

what family?? these low paying jobs are quite inadequate when it comes to supporting one, let alone a spouse, and a couple children? so well, instead more and more people are avoiding the family idea and well as a result we are seeing new types of families rising up....ya know the ones where mom and kiddies live alone and on welfare, daddies are either hopping from job to job in hopes of staying a step ahead of the child support agency, hiding away in mommies home hoping they aren't detected, or just plain living in proverty!
and again I want to say...if by family you mean the employee's mommy and daddy, thinking that they will be still partially supporting them in that big ole three or four bedroom house with it's high mortgage payments and utility bills while they are stuck in these low wage jobs for years well, you might want to think again! There comes a time in an adult's life where they decide to sell those big homes and stash the profits into the retirement funds and begin storing up for retirement.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
Anyone who makes it possible for you lazy fat ass busy bodies to go about wasting your time and wealth on meaningless bull# more efficiently deserves a living wage for making your meaningless existence easier to manage.

Yeah, I know, probably get gigged for that post for it's being ill mannered....

PC is the destroyer of all things both good and bad for the sake of making things that cannot be made to taste like anything other than the # they are easier to swallow.

Who are the 'lazy ass busy bodies?'

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I hate to break it to you guys that think fast food workers deserve higher pay, you're only worth what the market dictates. Also I know some franchise owners, and they all say that if this continues to be an issue, that you're all gonna get replaced by touch screens with just back of the house staff. Keep pressing it though, and you won't even have a job, and my orders probably won't get messed up as often.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: EverydayInVA

"you're only worth what the market dictates."

When you said that I realised what a big problem the Western countries are going to have in the future.
The reason I say this is because the market dictates that people in nearly every profession in the West are way over-payed when compared to slave-labour economies in China and the Far East where they have poor labour laws that don't protect the workers from Wage Slavery.
Imagine if the Government was not subsidising companies to employ people which it really should not be doing in a free-market Capitalist Economy.
Either McDonalds etc. should pay it's employees more so that the Government does not have to subsidise it or it should be left to go bust if it cannot pay it's employees enough without Government assistance.
And that should apply to companies like Walmart too who also do not pay their workers fairly and they have to be subsidised by the Government aswell considering the amount of PROFIT they make:

For the fiscal year ending January 31, 2011, Walmart reported net income of $15.4 billion (equivalent to $16.1 billion in 2015) on $422 billion (equivalent to $442 billion in 2015) of revenue with a 24.7 percent gross profit margin.

Ps.I just thought I should add what profit mcd's made in 2012 but seemingly they made a loss this year.

The McDonald's Corporation revenues come from the rent, royalties, and fees paid by the franchisees, as well as sales in company-operated restaurants. In 2012, the company had annual revenues of $27.5 billion and profits of $5.5 billion.
edit on 11-7-2015 by defcon25 because: add info

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: EverydayInVA

No one is forced to eat someplace like that either. No thank you.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Fast food sucks. I've had to do it. I got fired because I asked the boss for a break. He never noticed that I'd worked through mine because nobody came and relieved me. So, it was about an hour to end of shift and I asked. My sugar was really low and I needed a break.
Really any job where you have to deal with the public sucks. It stresses me out and makes me psycho. When I was a cashier I wanted to pull people over the counter and show what being rude would get them. I'm not violent but that's the reaction I had with the job. I can't deal with people lol.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Speaking from the perspective of one who DOESN'T work what you'd call "fast food", but no less in a "less than upscale" restaurant, at minimum wage:

Some jobs you can't eliminate. Right now I fill 3 aspects of the service: as a delivery driver, as a cook, and as a trainer and overseer for new employees because my boss wants a kitchen manager but doesn't want to pay me for that position.
If you were to look at that objectively as I do, I probably hold up 15 percent of the weight of the company all by myself by doing the work of 3 employees. All at 7.25$ an hr plus occasional tips, with under 40 hours a week, and no benefits.

Sure you can eliminate the clerks but what other employees are there to fire?
You're always gonna need and want someone to cook the food for you, and you're gonna need people to bus tables.
The replacing of people with computers really only covers one or 2 jobs max.
Many food places only run with a skeleton crew anyway, because it's cheaper to do, and they can.

** If you look at average options for small towns, like the one I live in (population: roughly 15,000) you basically have
3 options: Factory work, learn a trade, or get paid close to minimum wage in either food service or something similar.

If you're gonna work in a small town factory or a trade, the bosses are gonna want to hire someone who sees
it as a career, and if you won't, someone else will: so if that job's not meant to be your Magnum Opus, odds
are you're not gonna get hired.

My point comes to this:
If your goal is to save up and move to a bigger urban area with more and better job opportunities,
you're essentially as good as screwed.

WHY?

Because a part time job is never gonna pay you enough to either get of town out or support yourself IN it,
and there's not much except for the part time work I mentioned.

The only way people my age live on their own around here is to go on food stamps, have a kid and get government aid for the child (use the child for money), or settle for a career that doesn't suit them in exchange for "job security".

You can say college til you're blue in the face: everyone and their mother has a degree.
The market is quite saturated with young people who expect to be well payed IT professionals or nurses.
In 10 years there'll be so many of em they'll all be out of work, and then it's back to square one:
the factories, trades, and crappy part time jobs.

If that's the way it is everywhere then I'm not saying I should be a great exception and have things handed to me.
I just have a pressing question on my mind to pass on to you:

What if it didn't have to be this way?

What if we could fix the system up and give it an overhaul... make things better...

If you don't care to, then why are you here?

edit on 24-7-2015 by LAkadian because: clarification

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: EverydayInVA
I hate to break it to you guys that think fast food workers deserve higher pay, you're only worth what the market dictates. Also I know some franchise owners, and they all say that if this continues to be an issue, that you're all gonna get replaced by touch screens with just back of the house staff. Keep pressing it though, and you won't even have a job, and my orders probably won't get messed up as often.

If you were to actually eat a meal prepared by a robot, I highly doubt it'd be as scrumptious as you're implying here.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: LAkadian

What if we could fix the system up and give it an overhaul... make things better...

If you don't care to, then why are you here?

How do you overhaul the system, but other system are you going to replace it with?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: LAkadian

originally posted by: EverydayInVA

If you were to actually eat a meal prepared by a robot, I highly doubt it'd be as scrumptious as you're implying here.

Oh, im sure you just can't be that quality control that you can get from our highly trained fast food workforce

There's no way a robot could ever achieve quality control of THAT level.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

Fast food sucks. I've had to do it. I got fired because I asked the boss for a break. He never noticed that I'd worked through mine because nobody came and relieved me. So, it was about an hour to end of shift and I asked. My sugar was really low and I needed a break.
Really any job where you have to deal with the public sucks. It stresses me out and makes me psycho. When I was a cashier I wanted to pull people over the counter and show what being rude would get them. I'm not violent but that's the reaction I had with the job. I can't deal with people lol.

As a psychiatrist once said " there is nothing like a good murder to cleanse the soul"

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Congrats on your new employment. I agree with your OP on working at fat (oops Freudian slip) food places. In fact , I will go further.I have often wondered why they consider certain occupations as unskilled.When you observe the employees in a fast food restaurant (I mean really watch) their actions look as if they are highly coordinated.This takes real skill.I know I am going to get ripped for this but why are they no payed more ? Just because the job qualifications are lower ? Tell me how many Theoretical Physicists would last more than an hour or 2 on these jobs ? They serve a function for the people as well as a surgeon does.

Exactly. There are some jobs that are essential otherwise society becomes a hell hole pretty quick :

Dustbin men (Ref : UK 1970's strike) , Toilet cleaners (Ref : uncleaned toilets -yuck) etc

There are some jobs where nobody would fricking notice and yet they get paid an obscene amount :

Stock market traders, Insurance salesmen , investment bankers etc.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

originally posted by: Gothmog
Congrats on your new employment. I agree with your OP on working at fat (oops Freudian slip) food places. In fact , I will go further.I have often wondered why they consider certain occupations as unskilled.When you observe the employees in a fast food restaurant (I mean really watch) their actions look as if they are highly coordinated.This takes real skill.I know I am going to get ripped for this but why are they no payed more ? Just because the job qualifications are lower ? Tell me how many Theoretical Physicists would last more than an hour or 2 on these jobs ? They serve a function for the people as well as a surgeon does.

Exactly. There are some jobs that are essential otherwise society becomes a hell hole pretty quick :

Dustbin men (Ref : UK 1970's strike) , Toilet cleaners (Ref : uncleaned toilets -yuck) etc

There are some jobs where nobody would fricking notice and yet they get paid an obscene amount :

Stock market traders, Insurance salesmen , investment bankers etc.

Two lions in a zoo are talking, one says tomorrow they are going to kill me, why asks the other, I got out of the cage and eat a cleaner, you stupid bastard says the other, I have eaten 3 mangers and no body has noticed yet

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That's not as bad as the Taco Bell around the corner from my house.

I've given up with them. I've resigned any faith I have in them to give me a correct order.

I simply throw money at them and they throw food at me. Sometimes I make out well, other times not so much.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Every single place in town is this way. I disassemble the order and make sure everything is correct before i move from the window . Yeah, im "that guy". But ill be damned if i am going to clop into McDonalds in my slippers to get my order straightened out.
edit on 7/24/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: LAkadian

LAKadian, your current job notwithstanding, you absolutely should learn a trade. When I was 19, I became an electrician's helper. If you do well you become an apprentice, then a journeyman. I also am in school (at a late age of 37, but whattya gonna do) for IT. THE JOBS ARE THERE, my friend. Right now, you're the guy everyone counts, but you'll never get paid like it until you get out of food. There are WAYYYY more good IT jobs (with the right certs, like CCNA, MCSA), don't waste your time with CompTia) than people to fill them.
Yet there are also ways to live cheap where your pay rate isn't going to hinder you. If you have a skill, like being an electrician, you will always have sidework available that can pay well.

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join