It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British History And The Appropriation Of Native Culture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
This has nothing to do with offensive and ignorant fashions, mascots etc.
This is about being falsely viewed as a culture thief.

I'm ranting here because most people don't have the attention span to actually listen. Writing it down gives you the chance to read it twice if you're not clear about what I'm saying.

My people have an ancient history. I'm told British history was largely revised around the 1850's to distance us from our culture. I don't know the details of that but it sounds about right. Perhaps the biggest danger to the power hungry 'elite' is this.www.abovetopsecret.com... This is where our power is.

Recent DNA evidence suggests a different story from the politically motivated false histories.
www.newscientist.com...
www.nature.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

We've been close neighbours for a long time.

And while we’re at it, Dennis Stanford of the Smithsonian Institution still champions the idea that stone-point styles in North America and paleolithic Europe are just too similar not to raise the possibility that trans-Atlantic voyages may go back to the very dawn of modern human cultures in Europe and North America.
voices.nationalgeographic.com...

The ancient British lived close to the earth, respecting and interacting with their animal relatives. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Archeological evidence suggests we kept birds of prey. Wearing their feathers more likely than not.

I wear my hair long in the style of my ancestors. Sometimes I wear feathers.

Here we come to the core of my rant.

Occasionally, someone, usually a middle class white woman, will look at me with my long hair, feathers and perhaps 'native' looking clothing and sternly tell me I'm 'appropriating native culture'.

Get educated. Get a life. And get off my back.

If you want appropriation of native culture check this out. www.abovetopsecret.com... One of my most popular threads.
That's some pretty authentic injun sounds he's making at the end there. Albeit they had to smack him round the head with a fibreglass canoe to get him in the mood.

Here's the real deal for comparison.

Rant over.

Let the scalping commence.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

I learned at an early age, if you do something to yourself, to something or to others that causes you to stand out from the herd, be prepared to suffer the consequences. You admit to having some extreme views that you must express in the physical. Live with the repercussions and having made your point, you have no reason to complain. --So said the old self-admitted UFO abductee.
edit on 3-7-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-7-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
id probably think you were a weirdo too if i saw you roaming around with your feathers.
just saying.

oh, what up tonto?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
From the western perspective. Not culturally acceptable…
Little Big Man. Worth a look folks.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

The birds give their feathers.
The bankers sell their fripperies.
We have made our choices.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I am a ''middle class white woman'' and I don't chastise strangers for ''appropriating culture'' or for how they dress, I might think certain things odd or silly but I wouldn't say it to them.

I am also educated and I know that Neanderthals, to whom Caucasians, including the majority of native British share an ancestry, used things like feathers, beads, eyeliner and make up for decoration. Perhaps it is to that you are alluding as feather being part of British ancestral culture?

Most tribes that are still the same as they were thousands of years ago use such things as feathers.
edit on 3-7-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
From the western perspective. Not culturally acceptable…
Little Big Man. Worth a look folks.

Don't miss this clip, It should haunt you for a few days at least. Nothing better shows the absurdity of human life and expectations that it. Not that it is depressing, you will come away with a smile on your face.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
See the entire movie. "Little Big Man" was made at a time in the US when Hollywood directors still maintained creative license to speak up about US injustice. At a time in the 60's when the government sought to restrict it, Holly wood was still jaded by the communist witch hunts of the 50s.

Want some (T)ruth? See Little Big Man.

edit on 3-7-2015 by intrptr because: (T)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=19525541]Kester[/post
No they ain't.
Let me give you a bit of your native culture. The Picts used to run around naked painted white. Are you doing that?
they used to crap in holes in the ground. Are you doing that. Come off the nationalistic crap because you only want those parts of your native culture that makes you look good or hard. It's called progress and it's happening virtually all over the world. notice I said virtually as there are some countries that wish to remain in the stone age.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Funnily enough I intend to make an instructional video about crapping in a hole in the ground. Because that is the first thing that will go wrong with a breakdown of infrastructure. I'm sure I did cover it on ATS somewhere and got an icky reaction. It's vitally important to do it right. No cows breaking legs in your pit, no rats, no puppies. You'll know if you've been there.

Star for that post. Essential stuff.
edit on 3 7 2015 by Kester because: star

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Okay. This looks interesting, but it's hard for me to understand exactly what your proposition is.

Are you saying that ancient Britons and the ancestors of Native Americans are genetically related?

Do you have any genetic evidence for this, or are you simply going on the basis of body paint and raptor feathers?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

I expect the genetic evidence would be open to interpretation.

I can't see how we couldn't be related given the seagoing exploits of our ancestors.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

The seagoing exploits of your ancestors were replicated all over the world by other people's ancestors, so you'll be needing a bit more than that.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
a reply to: crayzeed

Funnily enough I intend to make an instructional video about crapping in a hole in the ground. Because that is the first thing that will go wrong with a breakdown of infrastructure. I'm sure I did cover it on ATS somewhere and got an icky reaction. It's vitally important to do it right. No cows breaking legs in your pit, no rats, no puppies. You'll know if you've been there.

Star for that post. Essential stuff.

I know plenty of people that crap in a hole in the ground.

I also know plenty of people that have built earth closets or have installed septic tanks that are off grid to stop waste going into the water supply.

I personally urinate outdoors when possible as opposed to pissing in the water supply and then having to chemicaly remove my exretia from the drinking water.
A little off topic I know but thats not really a valid point as to your thread in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

That's exactly the point. Who are you not related to?
edit on 4 7 2015 by Kester because: addition

edit on 4 7 2015 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

A hole in the ground then plant a tree over it. I've just checked on Google maps and there they are. Decent sized trees planted over poop pits thirty plus years ago. Respect for the earth.

And vaguely bringing it towards the seagoing aspect. Responsible treatment of excreta is something that modern sea kayakers could learn something about. I've heard of groups of sea kayakers being taught everything by their well paid guides except what to do with their poop when camping on remote Scottish islands. It's not on folks.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific
In respect for your urine comment my father always saved his urine after a night on the pop and used it to water his onions. He always said this was what lead to him getting prize winning onions.
Urine is also used to condition leather and other textile processes.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
A reply to: Kester

That's exactly the point. Who are you not related to?
Well, then, nothing special about the relationship between Britons and Native Americans, right? Because both parties are more closely related to the Chinese than to each other!

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Crossing the Atlantic in a small vessel can be done in a very short time. In 1896 two Norwegians rowed across the Atlantic in 55 days. Nothing much has changed in the Atlantic over thousands of years.

Travelling overland on foot to China now with the modern road system would take a long time. Back then it would probably have taken generations. Travelling by sea from China to Britain involves long detours.

These practical details are unavoidable.

edit on 11 7 2015 by Kester because: condense

edit on 11 7 2015 by Kester because: change wording

edit on 11 7 2015 by Kester because: spacing

edit on 11 7 2015 by Kester because: upper case

edit on 11 7 2015 by Kester because: upper case

join