It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This pic will have chemtrail believers going nuts!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Nice picture. I suppose you have the blessings of the small blue people to be able to make a thread here. Good for you.

Small blue people? Eh? Am i being slow? You talking about Smurf(y)?
edit on 3-7-2015 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: network dude
Nice picture. I suppose you have the blessings of the small blue people to be able to make a thread here. Good for you.

Small blue people? Eh? Am i being slow? You talking about Smurf(y)?

Perhaps. but then again, perhaps not.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

How funny, not sure why, but i was under the assumption that the small blue people were part of the debunkers. i guess i was wrong.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: smurfy

It would be handy to know still.

I've seen many videos and pics similar to the OP's before, many of which claim it shows the difference between a contrail and chemtrail.

Yes that's true, although I think those pictorials are past best, or rather did they have any point ever, that would need to be very telling in some way. The funny thing about showing pictures of contrails from afar, is that it actually works both ways, those that would say that's just a contrail know no more than the guy that says it is a chemtrail!

edit on 3-7-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

I've seen many videos and pics similar to the OP's before, many of which claim it shows the difference between a contrail and chemtrail.

Yes that's true, although I think those pictorials are past best, or rather did they have any point ever, that would need to be very telling in some way. The funny thing about showing pictures of contrails from afar, is that it actually works both ways, those that would say that's just a contrail know no more than the guy that says it is a chemtrail!

You're right. And we also dont know if they are made of plutonium laced cotton candy. Get my point? Why assume they are anything other than contrails? Doesnt make any sense.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014
And what makes these I wonder, never saw this as a Kid, I'm 59.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

A fine layer of Cirrus that you can't see that the contrail is leaving a shadow on. It's well documented how it happens, and has been seen as early as something like 1959.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

A fine layer of Cirrus that you can't see that the contrail is leaving a shadow on. It's well documented how it happens, and has been seen as early as something like 1959.

I've been a watcher of the skies my entire life and only seen this phenomenon in the past 10 years in the NE, perhaps we have never had Cirrus Clouds till 10 years ago.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

It's rare to have the conditions be right for it. The Cirrus layer it's projected on doesn't form often, as it's not a cloud layer you can normally see. It's a haze, usually quite thin. I'm outside every day, and have seen every type of contrail you can name, and in the last three years have only seen 5 or 6 shadows.

contrailscience.com...

There are descriptions and pictures from 1955 at that link.
edit on 7/3/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

It's rare to have the conditions be right for it. The Cirrus layer it's projected on doesn't form often, as it's not a cloud layer you can normally see. It's a haze, usually quite thin. I'm outside every day, and have seen every type of contrail you can name, and in the last three years have only seen 5 or 6 shadows.

contrailscience.com...

There are descriptions and pictures from 1955 at that link.

Mind if I ask your age?

Also the 1st image on the website link you sent has, on the right image, the shadow straight, while the contrail is dissipating and curved?
edit on 3-7-2015 by ugmold because: addition

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Not old enough to remember seeing shadows in 1955.
I am old enough to remember watching contrails in the late 70s and early 80s though.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold

As Zaphod has said, a thin, invisible cirrus layer and the sun casting a contrail shadow. Its very easy to explain, but i wonder...what do YOU thihk it is? I mean, what could it possibly be other than a shadow. It certainly looks like a shadow. Im not being a d*ck, im genuinely curious as to what you think it is.

Im 40 and i dont remember a time when contrails didnt persist. Were there less of them, you bet. A fraction that there are today, but they were there.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

While without testing, we don't "know" exactly what's in them, but since they have been tested before, and the science that explains them has been undisputed for over 70 years, it's a rather safe assumption that those are likely contrails.

And speculation is wonderful. But when you move from speculation that they might be chemical laden stripes, to claiming they ARE chemical trails, you have jumped the shark.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

As Zaphod has said, a thin, invisible cirrus layer and the sun casting a contrail shadow. Its very easy to explain, but i wonder...what do YOU thihk it is? I mean, what could it possibly be other than a shadow. It certainly looks like a shadow. Im not being a d*ck, im genuinely curious as to what you think it is.

Im 40 and i dont remember a time when contrails didnt persist. Were there less of them, you bet. A fraction that there are today, but they were there.

This is a bit more typical cirrus, I ain't buying your plot.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

From a weather blog:

For example, the cirrus clouds show in the picture are below the contrail. As the sun shines down on the cloud, the black line is actually the shadow of the contrail being cast on the cirrus cloud. Is this rare? Well, let’s just say it doesn't happen all the time – everything needs to fall into place (the contrail needs to be at the proper altitude and the sun needs to have the correct angle).

www.wisn.com...

Universities Space Research Association:

The fascinating photo above was taken above Quimper, Bretagne, France on June 25, 2004 and shows a jet contrail and its shadow exiting a 22 degree solar halo. At first glance, it appears that the contrail is underneath the cirrus veil, but its shadow demonstrates that in fact, the jet is above the cirrus displaying the halo. Halos can occur if hexagonal plate or column crystals in cirrus-type clouds are more or less randomly oriented. Sunlight enters one side of a crystal, is refracted, and then exits the opposite side, where it's again refracted by the same amount and in the same direction as the original refraction.

epod.usra.edu...

A number of parallel contrails do not only cast their shadows onto the screen of high cirrus clouds, but also onto a narrow bank of stratocumulus clouds (1 – 2). Due to the different altitude of the two cloud layers, the angle of vision is different for each of the layers. This is why the shadows do not appear parallel to the contrails. Also their shadows in the atmosphere appear under a different angle as these are cast downwards. So they “stand” in the air, and their angle corresponds to the sun elevation at the moment the photo was taken. The shadows on the low clouds, however, are flat or only a little tilted according to the shape of the clouds. Both shadows, the one in the atmosphere as well as the one on the clouds, are seen laterally, which makes a sharp bend appear. And not all contrails and shadows are parallel because the airplanes which caused the contrails did not all fly parallely.

atoptics.wordpress.com...

Encyclopedia of Atmospheric Sciences

There is a lower level of clouds below the contrail, that it is leaving a shadow on. This is well documented, by many sources.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Here you go maybe this helps...

www.atoptics.co.uk...

They do make you look twice the first time you see one.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

The mechanism behind shadows is the same as the one behind sunbeams.

Ever saw something looking like this?

What's between the beams? Shadows.

No BS, it's actually very simple.

edit on 3-7-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I always have thought (probably misguided) that chemtrails or sky grids across countries are to divert "visitors". When I look at some ancient welcome "signs" placed on the ground e.g. Atacama Desert, it could be interpreted as the modern equivliant, rather than on the ground its in the sky. After all it took centuries to discover from the air (thanks to airplanes and balloons) the patterns and symbology on the ground, it could be centuries before we see what chemtrails really are. #SafetyNet

A

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

As Zaphod has said, a thin, invisible cirrus layer and the sun casting a contrail shadow.

a shadow cast on an 'invisible' layer? neato.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

It's not invisible, it's so thin that it can't be seen with the naked eye, because of the distance involved. It's like trying to see a piece of paper edge on from a mile away. If you were to have a camera set up right, you could see it though.
edit on 7/3/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join