It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia fumes at expulsion of TV reporter from Ukraine

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
Seems that there are all kinds of tactics of speak happening when it come to the subject of Ukraine / ?????/Putin/Russia . Congressman Dana Rohrabacher grills U.S. ambassador to the U.N. Samantha Power on Ukraine ...Now with a passing observation of this video without knowing that Samantha Power is actually somewhat of a expert on the subject of genocide so her testimony might be considered purgery .

That guy is an idiot. He has obviously been fed a lot of dis-information because the so called elected leader of Ukraine was IMPEACHED TEN TIMES by the nations highest courts over two years but he refused to leave office. Putin was using his jackboot thugs to keep him in power. I am sick of you commie lovers who talk smack like you know the truth. You don't know JACK.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

He may be a idiot much like a lot of politicians in many countries .Some say this and some say that .Some can believe this or that .Because I put a vid conversation up on 2 US politicians in conversation about Ukraine shouldn't make me a comi lover .But I will say that I try to love all people . Hating uses too much energy and doesn't accomplish much .

Now if Ukraine was to pull back their heavy equipment there would not be a war going on .

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Why does Russia even need reporters in Ukraine? Evidence to date has established that Russian media just use old film from the Balkans and other conflicts and pass them off as coming from Ukraine.

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Now if Ukraine was to pull back their heavy equipment there would not be a war going on.

Actually no. If Russia had not invaded Ukraine the war would not be going on. If Russia would withdraw its forces from Ukraine a war would not be going on.
edit on 4-7-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Why does Russia even need reporters in Ukraine?

They have to have journalists there so that they can somehow legitimize their reason for Crimea, and eventually the East.

The problem is we all see the truth...well except for the Russian citizens.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

I haven't heard your version what was wrong about this particular journalist ?

You have only one thing on your mind it seems, and it is steering this thread in a different direction...why?

Well since you want to go in that direction then let's go...This journalist works for a media outlet that has continuously told lies and fabricated stories that were fake...or shall I say propaganda.

Here you go some of those stories from the same channel this journalist worked for...

www.stopfake.org...

www.stopfake.org...

www.stopfake.org...

www.stopfake.org...

www.stopfake.org...

www.stopfake.org...

www.stopfake.org...

www.stopfake.org...

Now how about this...

Russia expels US journalist David Satter without explanation

David Satter – a distinguished former correspondent with the Financial Times and the author of three well-received books on Russia and the Soviet Union – was told on Christmas Day that he had been banned from the country.

Satter had been based in the Russian capital since September. Last month, he travelled to the Ukrainian capital Kiev to renew his visa where Alexy Gruby, a diplomat at the Russian embassy, read him a prepared statement that said: "The competent organs have decided that your presence on the territory of the Russian Federation is not desirable. You are banned from entering Russia."

www.theguardian.com...

So it's okay for Russia to do the same thing they are crying foul about Ukraine doing...As I said Russia is showing Hypocrisy at it's finest.

And if you want to discuss freedom of press how about we put Ukraine next to Russia and see who has more freedoms with the press?
edit on 4-7-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   

You have only one thing on your mind it seems, and it is steering this thread in a different direction...why?

If you feel that I was steering your thread you can ask moderators to clean it, myself I don't have such feelings.

Now, about your stopfake links, I don't have time to checkfact them all, it seems unproductive. The first link that I checked didn't convinced me. They were saying that Russian media was mistranslating Jen Psaki, I'm not a certified translator, but in my opinion there wasn't mistranslation.

It took me long enough to cut it down and what I found is another link from the same briefing, this is my special gift for YOU
youtu.be...

Thus I have derailed your thread, happy 4-th July

The remaining your questions will need to wait, may be I want to celebrate too

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

If you feel that I was steering your thread you can ask moderators to clean it, myself I don't have such feelings.

Why I know how to deal with those who feel that need to do so.

Now, about your stopfake links, I don't have time to checkfact them all, it seems unproductive. The first link that I checked didn't convinced me. They were saying that Russian media was mistranslating Jen Psaki, I'm not a certified translator, but in my opinion there wasn't mistranslation.

Don't have time, or don't actually want to...is it because of what you might find?

But if you don't take the time to fact check then all your doing is parroting Russian media in saying the translation was wrong.

I am going to ask this one last time...what does the video you posted or anything you have posted have to do with the topic of this thread...it has nothing to do with the US and has nothing to do with what the State department has to say.

It is about Russia and their fuming over the expulsion of their journalist, and I see you have nothing to say about Russia doing the same thing to an American journalist...why does that not surprise me?

So it is okay for Russia to pull this type of thing, but when it happens to them the it is a problem...Again I am pointing out the hypocrisy of what they are saying that they don't like that Ukraine did this while they themselves have done it.

How about discussing that as it is what the thread is about?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: kitzik

Now, about your stopfake links,

If you took the time to read stopfake you would notice they debunk propaganda on BOTH sides. Several things Ukraine has claimed were featured on their front page and shown to be false.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: kitzik

Again I will say this slow for you to understand...Ukraine has the right to do whatever they feel is necessary to what they feel is wrongfully reporting about Ukraine, and do what they want to thoise they deem necessary to expell from their country.

And Russia have the right to say "we don't agree" and quote what this clown Markin said.

and everyone has the right to point at Russia and say "hypocrite"

Case closed.

Yep

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Ukraine should have told Russia, when they filed the complaint, that there are no Russians in Ukraine.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

lol.

I was thinking along those lines when Russia banned reporting of military casualties a few weeks ago........ since there are no Russian military in Ukraine, Russian media remain free to report on all casualties from there......

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

How funny.

There are millions of Russians in Ukraine.

Russian journalist had official accreditation, reporting from Kiev. Arrested and deported from Ukraine by SBU because they showed Nazi brainwashing on Russian TV. Ukranians are banned to see this channel long ago, but you can continue to show your arrogance.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Not arrogance at all..

more along the lines of laughing at the absurdity of what Russia chooses to bitch about. If there are millions of Russian citizens in Ukraine they are more than welcome to move back to Russia to live under their laws or they can remain in Ukraine and live under Ukrainian law.

Pretty simple choice really.

If Russian media is going to continue pushing propaganda about Ukraine I don't blame them one bit for expelling Russian journalists. Just as you and others don't seem to mind the Russian government firing foreigners and booting them from the country.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join