It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just saw the coolest thing!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I was getting coffee and saw something black go past the kitchen window out of the corner of my eye. It startled me because it's so early and nobody should be out there. I looked to see what it was and low and behold, it's a black bear! I blinked a few times, thinking that I was imagining it. Still there. I closed my eyes for a few seconds, opened them. Still there. Holy crap, a bear is in the yard! I hurried up and walked toward the back of the house (still inside, I'm not stupid) and watched it from the back window. I went to see if anyone was up but nobody is. Dang it. Went back to the window and it's gone. None of the dogs freaked out at all, which surprises me. They do if a coyote so much as goes into the back field and here's this bear strolling through the yard. In a way, I'm glad that they didn't. If it had wanted to it could get into their kennel at them. I've never seen one this close to the house. Oh wow!

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Bears are SNEAKY little creatures ( or big ones depending lol)

More than a few times I've been snuck up on by a bear while working on our old property. Was never harmed thankfully, but I do know how to react when you get within running distance of one.

Glad nothing bad happened to ya!

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Where is that?

I am thankful in the UK there aren't things like bears and cougars, though there are wild boar now around this area since they bred after a few were released or escaped form a farm, they are a road hazard and some have seen them in their gardens and in the woods. BBQ'd wild boar is nice.

A friend in Colorado posted a cougar at his patio looking at his cat, some years ago, similar to the recent picture in the news here.

www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 3-7-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Thanks. Yeah, I was not about to go outside to say hello. The sucker is big. I hope it went along its way because I have to go out soon.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Bears are SNEAKY little creatures ( or big ones depending lol)

More than a few times I've been snuck up on by a bear while working on our old property. Was never harmed thankfully, but I do know how to react when you get within running distance of one.

Glad nothing bad happened to ya!

~Tenth
Always work with a friend...A slower friend...

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

Good advice. A slow friend can save your life. Too bad for the slow friend.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
You may need to reinforce (if that's possible!) the dog kennels.

Do you think he/she just stumbled along there or do you think he/she was attracted by something?
Garbage outside? Something? I would be pretty unnerved and look around hoping to prevent him/her from coming back....

If that's even possible...

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I don't know what attracted it. No food or trash outside. I think it was just moving along. For all I know it's the first time the bear's been down here but then again it might not be. Dogs are secured. They're fine.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
That is pretty cool, you are lucky, all I get is squirrels, ravens and rabid foxes
Yawn

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

That's good!
Wouldn't want to hear in the news "Bear attacks while human is trying to save his fur buddies!"

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Yeah that would suck. I don't think things would end well.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The "Slow Friend" comment is hilarious. I have titanium in my hip and tibia and it hurts to run. Now I realize I am the slow friend! Got to watch out for my hunting buddies now, they might use me for bait!

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

Just make sure they don't make you wear an antler hat. Then you'll know you're in trouble.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Be careful saying "black bear." You might offend someone.
s&f

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Tundra

That was funny. Seems like it's way too easy to offend people these days.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I agree buddy, i agree! I saw a cub in Fontana, NC when i was a little kid. Not sure what kind it was, but my dad was saying that we needed to get the hell out of there. I agreed with him as well. Still, was a cool thing to see. I am greatful for just having experienced it, considering we dont have them in mid TN.!

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Tundra

That would have been cool. Cubs look cuddly and fun to play with but the mothers don't like it.
edit on 4-7-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

top topics

join