It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A fascinating open-minded unbiased Documentary 'Revelation of the Pyramids'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I watched this the other night and thought it was a great documentary made by studio-canal and narrated by Actor Brian Cox (Manhunter, The Bourne Identity)

youtu.be...

If its blocked in your country you can copy and paste the Youtube link into a proxy search engine.

Click the youtube link, click share to get the url.

You can search for a proxy search engine site using google.

www.proxfree.com... works OK

You can buy it on DVD I think, its called Revelation of the Pyramids.
edit on 3-7-2015 by PickledOnion because: share link

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Apparently "unbiased" has a different meaning where you're from. This film is just a rehashing of the same old fringe ideas we've heard a thousand times before, and it is far from "unbiased".

+27 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: admirethedistance
Apparently "unbiased" has a different meaning where you're from. This film is just a rehashing of the same old fringe ideas we've heard a thousand times before, and it is far from "unbiased".

This is a post from a new member, do you always have to be so arrogant in your posts?

Maybe explain how and why you do not like the video, maybe suggest something you find better?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: admirethedistance

Have you watched it all before commenting?

Its not biased since most other documentary's follow a single theory and come to a conclusion based on that theory. This documentary asks questions and tries to answer them using both sides of the argument with some common sense thrown in, based on what we can actually see by looking at the construction.

edit on 3-7-2015 by PickledOnion because: with

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Nothing that comes out of the human mind is unbiased.
We might as well just take the word out of the dictionary.

For what it's worth, I've seen the documentary - and though I greatly enjoyed it, and thought that it raised some pretty challenging questions and raised some equally challenging possibilities...

...it's not unbiased.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The topic interests me but there was enough meat in the OP to make me click the link. Food for thought.

What makes it different? Anything specifically discussed that isn't typically covered? What's the time stamp? Thanks in advance.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: PickledOnion

Bookmarked. I'll give it a look see when I have the time.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Awen24

OK well maybe I should of said its less biased than other documentary's.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

This is a post from a new member, do you always have to be so arrogant in your posts?

Maybe explain how and why you do not like the video, maybe suggest something you find better?

Here's the plot summary:

An apocryphal view on the pyramids, starting in awe at the amazing achievement of the Pharanoic architecture and sculpture, most specially at Gizeh, given Cheops's pyramid's size, weight, incredibly precise carving, four pairs of slightly shifted half sides, stunningly precisely measured shapes and symmetry. Then it questions and challenges conventional Egyptology beliefs, which it calls unproven or even impossible to verify, such as the absence of machines, a wharf duration of only 20 years or accidental equinox-orientation. Next it elaborates the theory that other major pyramid technology sites in Precolombian America, Easter Island and China can't coincidentally lie on two lines intersecting at Gizeh, even if not contemporaneous and without known contacts in their ages, and have several improbable things in common, like some of their cultures. Elaborate mathematical theories and measurements indicate the Egyptians must have known some astronomy, pi and the golden number, maybe even the meter, and such knowhow may have been secretly passed on. The makers conclude th most logical explanation is an older, wiped-out civilization, which may well have tried to warn us for the apocalyptic trouble that wiped them out, possibly starting with the present climatic crisis.
source

Looks to me like Admirethedistance was right on the money.

Or will you assert that the above mentioned ideas are not "the same old fringe ideas we've heard a thousand times before?"

Harte

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Just watch it first before passing judgement. I think its a well made documentary even if you disagree with some the points mentioned.
edit on 3-7-2015 by PickledOnion because: it it

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I had no issue with his view on the video.

I did have an issue with the fact that he chose to be a conspiracy hipster about it. This is a post by a new member who maybe does not know as some of the older more informed members of the site.

The right thing to do in my opinion would be to explain why they felt the Video was not as good as the OP thought and suggest something more suitable as opposed to a short derisive put down wich does nothing than feed ego and put of newer members.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

You will find that some members are too cool to converse with you as they know a lot more about things than you do.

They will tell you that it's old news or untrue because they heard about it years ago, it's an ego thing I'm afraid.

Not watched the vid but if I have time I will take a look and tell you what I think although I can't gaurentee I'll agree with you.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I had no issue with his view on the video.

I did have an issue with the fact that he chose to be a conspiracy hipster about it. This is a post by a new member who maybe does not know as some of the older more informed members of the site.

The right thing to do in my opinion would be to explain why they felt the Video was not as good as the OP thought and suggest something more suitable as opposed to a short derisive put down wich does nothing than feed ego and put of newer members.

Well said, sir. We would all do well to temper our comments. Thank you for the reminder.

Even if there is some rehashing of old theories. There could be a new angle we haven't thought of before.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Lol at "conspiracist hipster". FYI, 90% of the time I post, I do so from my mobile, and can't see when somebody joined. Not that it really matters. New member or not, I still stand by what I said.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: admirethedistance

I respect your right to do so but personally feel that your post did nothing for the thread and that you were simply feeding your own ego.

Had you watched the video and given actual reasons as to why you did not think it worthy I would have had no reason to comment on your post.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Yeah some of the members attitudes in here remind me of being in primary/elementary school.

If you don't agree with the documentary that's fine at-least you go about it in a more civilized manner.
edit on 3-7-2015 by PickledOnion because: /

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

You will find that some members are too cool to converse with you as they know a lot more about things than you do.

They will tell you that it's old news or untrue because they heard about it years ago, it's an ego thing I'm afraid.

Not watched the vid but if I have time I will take a look and tell you what I think although I can't gaurentee I'll agree with you.

You will find that some members are tired of people using videos to speak for them, especially when the vid has been posted here and commented on multiple times iun the past.
A sampling:
August 2011
September 2011
December 2011
May 2012
July 2012

ATS doesn't have the best search feature. If you want to see if you're bringing up old material here, use google and put site:abovetopsecret.com at the end of your search terms.

I did this for "Revelation of the Pyramid." See the results [url=https://www.google.com/search?q=revelation+of+the+pyramid+site%3Aabovetopsecret.com&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=ubuntu&channel=fs&gws_rd=ssl]here[/u rl]

Harte
edit on 7/3/2015 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The video does raise a lot of interesting questions about the pyramids. With the weathering on the Sphinx I am more inclined to date the site at 20 000 - 50 000 years BC. With the current date of about 2000 years BC based on finding a little state inside, the current official theory it is a little weak.

There is also a good video around on the construction and how it theories a spiral ramp way to the top that sits just behind the outer surface. There has been a lot of good theories and discussion on these boards at times.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

I am more inclined to date the site at 20 000 - 50 000 years BC.

That's all fine and dandy ,if you completely disregard All of the available archeological evidence we have from said period.
20 k years ago the entire population of that area was hunter gatherers, living in brush huts collecting wild seeds and hunting migratory bovids as they passed through. Average group size was 25-40 with the largest villages at less than 200 people.
They didn't have the social infrastructure to accomplish such tasks of civil engineering.
They also didn't have the physical tool kit to accomplish a feat like carving the sphinx.
While we have more than ample evidence for the social infrastructure required to build these monuments , during the period they are attributed to.
The most telling evidence is the kitchen areas associated with build the GP. A district with more than a 1000 bread ovens, a fish monger district that could feed a thousand people at a time, complete with the millions of fish bones of the eaten fish, all securely datable. Then there are the bones of the tens of thousands of cattle butchered to feed the work crews.
So , we ample evidence for such grand civil project from the earliest parts of the old kingdom, while all we have from your fantasy period is brush huts and rabbit hunting.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Yep he does, not only here but in other threads too, and with the other one with so many stars (must be proud), giving hand to ridicule other members...ain't it fun to bitch without bringing anything positive to a thread! Yes, it's you the other one Harte. Why not just posting interesting stuff instead of bitching?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join