It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alone: New Survival Show with 500K to the Winner.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Ten men enter the Vancouver Island wilderness carrying only what they can fit in a small backpack. They are alone in harsh, unforgiving terrain with a single mission–stay alive as long as they can. These men must hunt, build shelters and fend off predators. They will endure extreme isolation and psychological distress as they plunge into the unknown and document the experience themselves. No camera crew. No producers. It is the ultimate test of man’s will.

I just watched the third episode of this show. Out of a list of 40 items, each man can choose 10 items to out-last each other for the prize of 500k. Bears, wolves, and cougars, oh my. Very wet and fairly cold. I thought I would let the forum know about this show. I like it. It doesn't seem like the 'survival experts' are much of experts, but it is interesting to watch. I'd like to know what members here think.

The first 2 episodes can be watched here www.history.ca...

It airs on the History Channel and History Channel Website.

Episode 3 airs in half an hour. Check it out.
edit on 2-7-2015 by Goldcurrent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Goldcurrent
This is hillarious. I have visited the island twice for camping and boating trips. There is no way anyone can get lost or starve on that island. Even if they rough it out in the provincial park, they will be ok. There is so much game, critters, plants to eat there... you could open up a restaurant.

I call bogus on this show.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Kratos40

It won't seem that way on tv lol. I've seen the commercials. Seems like they are having such a rough time. Apparently they chose the wrong stuff for their backpacks? Noob outdoorsmen to say the least.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Apparently we are not allowed to watch it here in CA ......

for all who are in CA S1E1
edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Wild guess (pun intended) you won't be missing out. Try to find some dukes of hazzard reruns instead!

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Wild guess (pun intended) you won't be missing out. Try to find some dukes of hazzard reruns instead!

honestly I am on my first commercial and so far this show is Great!

Have you watched it ?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta
Apparently we are not allowed to watch it here in CA ......

for all who are in CA S1E1

My link may not work for those in the US since the one provided is the Canadian site. Oops. I'm sure History.com would have it available.

SPOILER ALERT!

I find it funny that 4 of these guys have quit before the 4th day ends. Heck, I know an aboriginal lady that lives up north in the bush who goes all year haha.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

I haven't seen it other than commercials to be honest. I don't expect much difference from other survival shows put on by discovery/history channel though. Is there something that puts this show apart?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I'm thinking the young guy (I forget his name. The crazy one who howls at wolves) or Mitch win this one. Actually Lucas has a good shot because he lucked out with the natural spring.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I haven't seen it other than commercials to be honest. I don't expect much difference from other survival shows put on by discovery/history channel though. Is there something that puts this show apart?

Yeah. No producers or camera crews. These guys just seem like regular guys dropped into the forest to survive with very little.

The emergency response team is really nowhere near them.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   

i dono that is for you to decide fella , never judge a book by the cover

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kratos40
This is hillarious. I have visited the island twice for camping and boating trips. There is no way anyone can get lost or starve on that island. Even if they rough it out in the provincial park, they will be ok. There is so much game, critters, plants to eat there... you could open up a restaurant.

I call bogus on this show.

Might be a little different without a cooler full of beer, a gun, and a lighter.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Goldcurrent
I'm thinking the young guy (I forget his name. The crazy one who howls at wolves) or Mitch win this one. Actually Lucas has a good shot because he lucked out with the natural spring.

shhhh ! I am on season 1 E 1

Crazy seeing the bears come right up to that guys tent .

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
This sounds more and more like survivorman - the reality show. Rather watch Les Stroud actually survive and learn something than some reality show of people barely hoofing it. Thanks for the description all!

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
lol one man out on the first night !

i don't blame him though he was being stalked by bears lol

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   

This sounds more and more like survivorman - the reality show. Rather watch Les Stroud actually survive and learn something than some reality show of people barely hoofing it. Thanks for the description all!

Yeah, these guys aren't Les Stroud. He's a good guy though. Has some music skills.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta
lol one man out on the first night !

i don't blame him though he was being stalked by bears lol

Just wait for episode 3!

I wouldn't be afraid of the bears so much as the fear of a cougar attack. Worst comes to worst, I feel I could kill a bear with my knife. A cougar...cough, they are sneaky.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

*rubs hands together* ohh boy can't wait to watch it.

so far if i had to give it a raw survival show rating 9/10 easy

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
dude that kid is nuts , hes the only one that is right in his element ,lol he's howling at the wolfs and they are howling back .

I am with you , the kid and lucas for sure

ETA: the cop was the first to go ......just saying

edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
dang , one guy i had hopes for ......He gone!!!!!!!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join