It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controlled Capitalism - A maximum wage

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Nevermind, this conversation with you is pointless.

Because apparently you think I could live without FOOD.
edit on 3-7-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   

No, not at all because the 3 people that work WITH me (not for me) get paid the same as me. I know this because I pay them. They work part-time (30ish hours a week) They make enough to not work a second job, I could easily do the same. I'm an entrepreneur and like money, so I work a full time management job on top of that.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

A sign you cannot argue your point, which is pointless.

You have to bleed the rich dry, and the best way to do that is to quit giving them money. Put away your wallet, go spend money locally, innovate.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

You have to bleed the rich dry, and the best way to do that is to quit giving them money. Put away your wallet, go spend money locally, innovate.

I argued my point just fine.

You are the one who has made no point. If my assumptions of you are incorrect, I apologize. But you either don't get my point or are intentionally antagonizing me.

Either way a waste of my time.
edit on 3-7-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Yes it's tough work. I too make the same as my employees, although I work more hours. Not sure I could work another job though.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   

I do it out of choice. Of course I get the nice benefit of taxes on my side for the business I own and the wages I pay. We all make about 25k a year part time, well what I consider part-time A lot of my hours may be on the financials, but i don't cheat those. If I gotta get in the truck and swoop up carts to match hours, I do it. That usually happens Monday thru Thursday, i refuse to work Fridays. None of us work weekends.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Of course, blame anyone but yourself for you feeling antagonized. And I thought this was a forum of open debate, not a demand for serruptitious conscription.

Waste of time indeed.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Keep up the good work.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   

It really is the restaurant I manage that keeps me humble tbh. I took a 2.5 million a year gross restaurant and lowered overall costs by 6%, they pay me 38K plus bonus. Bonus is #, but the people all love me even though I've tightened the ropes since I've been there, that to me is bonus enough. Even at that job I run cash monthly promo's that I pay for myself, because not a chance in hell the restaurant would allow me to spend what I do on incentives. A $10 a week gift card goes a long freaking way.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

I've never seen such pure bunk in a thread in all my life.

Pre Ronald Reagan was zero different than post Ronald Reagan as far as economics is concerned.

There was however, double digit inflation, double digit unemployment with those stuck on a fixed income, pensioners, etc. suffering the worst.. Thank you, Nixon, Carter and the rest of the incompetents prior to Reagan.

Trickle down economics is nothing more than a political catch phrase invented by the left-as was "Reagan will start WWIII'- just garbage.

There has been zero change in our economic system- capitalism- since the start of this nation.

He did lower the base income tax rate, citing JFK's reduction and resulting surge in economic growth, however, which gave us the largest period of prosperity in recent memory.

If one wants to buy into the overpaid, extravagant CEOs that Obama pushed in the early days of his first term, just look at how many vacations, trips and indugences he's allotted himself ever since...

My contempt.....

This country has been on a downward spiral ever since Corporations have had the ability to buyout our government.

In 1970, there were less than 200 Corporate and Banking Lobbyists in DC
In 2015, there are over 2500 Corporate and Banking Lobbyists

Washington DC is owned by them!

Most regulations are written by the Big Corporations and Banks which they do quite well to ward off their competition.
The profits among the big Multinationals and Banks have been tremendous thanks to Obama and previous presidents.

America needs a working man supporting president. Not some Crony Capitalist like Obama that was funded by the corrupt Wall Street Banks.

All the potential candidates I have seen so far are cockroaches where their only god is how much more money they can make.

What is the limit a business man can make?
I always ask this question and never get an answer?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

trickle down economics ... An excuse to protect the pockets of the wealthy and assure the others that they're making an equal share. The game is rigged and only in favor of a small few that barely need to work to make what I will make in a lifetime. People with so much money they control politics and ruin our democracy by throwing money at anything that will helps them maximize their profits and not properly pay their workers. Its only about numbers and power

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
There are so many "skilled professions" that literally are only skilled because they come with a shiny degree. A kid I work with is going to college for "hotel management". That is a freaking degree now apparently.

The biggest issue with business owners is the failure to realize that without labor they could not be in business. That is also always their biggest complaint, while usually hiring illegal labor at slave wages (at least in the US) and easily keeping minimum wage low through politics. Democrats want the votes, Republicans want the cheap labor. Neither has ANY plan ANYTIME soon to handle the illegal immigration issue.

The suckers that go through the education system, well plan on looking for a job in your field that pays well for 5-10 years. the whole time you are not making the wage your "degree" qualifies you for, you are extending your debt, and increasing it. Congrats!

Help me out here.

I think both parties are bought and paid for and serve their corporate and banking cronies, but how does voting democrat differ from voting republican? Obama is for the Crony Capitalist TPP Even.

Help me here?

www.opensecrets.org...

Top Contributors to Obama

Goldman Sachs $1,034,615
JPMorgan Chase & Co $847,895
Citigroup Inc $755,057
US Government $638,335
Skadden, Arps et al $554,439
US Dept of Justice $540,636
IBM Corp $534,470
UBS AG $534,166
General Electric $532,031
Morgan Stanley $528,182

www.opensecrets.org...

Top Contributors to Romney

Goldman Sachs $1,033,204
Bank of America $1,013,402
Morgan Stanley $911,305
JPMorgan Chase & Co $834,096
Wells Fargo $677,076
Credit Suisse Group $643,120
Citigroup Inc $511,199
Barclays $446,000
General Electric $332,875

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

Corporations have been around much longer my friend, they just didn't have that name in the past. They used first and last names. Did you know that J.P. Morgan actually bailed out the US some time ago? link No individual should have that power. Nowadays since the world is a global economy it's a handful of manipulators like him that have created this mess. It's not just wage inequality, it's the power to enact laws/treaties that undermine the free market opportunity for everyone.

You know how many self-employed ventures I had to freaking try before I found one that was in demand but not in excess? That alone is worth 4 years in college HAHA.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I hate to agree with you because I love Ronald Regan as a man. He was a beautiful man, but I think he was manipulated like you say.

I grew up in that era.
Ronald Reagan was a Bankster Puppet
Who better to choose as president than an actor?

He did everything for the wealthy and he # on everyone else.
He was a Wall Street Puppet like Obama
Presidents and Politicians have always served the most wealthy.

Ronald Reagan had the onset of Alzheimers while serving and if that is not a clear case of following a script for his rich backers I don't know what is.

www.dailymail.co.uk... ml

Did Ronald Reagan have Alzheimer's while in office? Early signs of dementia are revealed in former president's speech

edit on 3-7-2015 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   

When I do get out to vote it's never D or R. I vote when I see an independent party member I like. Still has made F all difference to this day to vote it. People are pretty stupid sometimes

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

When I do get out to vote it's never D or R. I vote when I see an independent party member I like. Still has made F all difference to this day to vote it. People are pretty stupid sometimes

I don't even bother anymore and I go along with you as well.
The "publicized" teams we are given to "choose" from are treated like football teams on which one to rape us.
All I need to do is look at the Big money Donors on either side to see who really wins and gets the favors and in all my years, those big donors have always come out on top.

edit on 3-7-2015 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I am sure I will get flamed but, why not abolish public companies? Seems like a means to avoid the over-sizing of a corporation or monopolization of a commodity….

I mean immense profits are sometimes demanded of a hired CEO by the shareholders. Shareholders are mostly distant to the actual company and do not care about the 'human' element of the company. Just throwing it out to the sharks….

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Nope, the best way to bleed to rich dry is to take away their power over us, and it is through government that they do it.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

Destroy WallStreet somehow and you will literally destroy the world economy. I'm game with it being destroyed, 90% of the people invested in markets use money as a form of labor, something SERIOUSLY wrong there. I wish all global markets would crash, and by crash I mean crash and burn, never ever exist again.

The suits in the business of the market would be the first to go.

Maybe I'm sadistic, but i want to see that happen. Suits trying to survive is an amusing concept to me.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname
I am sure I will get flamed but, why not abolish public companies? Seems like a means to avoid the over-sizing of a corporation or monopolization of a commodity….

I mean immense profits are sometimes demanded of a hired CEO by the shareholders. Shareholders are mostly distant to the actual company and do not care about the 'human' element of the company. Just throwing it out to the sharks….

It depends on what you mean...

What kind of public companies?

Ones that are a necessity for a society like fuel, housing, prisons food or technology and innovations?

If profits are the only aim for private corporations then that is also a dangerous path to go down when the public is asked to pay for it when they require it out of necessity.

If it is for making widgets, then no problem...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join