It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Bobcat buried like a human

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Ducks make fantastic pets. Loyal, lovely and fun. They like to get into bed beside your head. Then poop.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Midnight4444

LOL.

It was just a Nephilim Giant's pet.

jfalthouse.com...

sealrevelation.blogspot.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

Ducks make fantastic pets. Loyal, lovely and fun. They like to get into bed beside your head. Then poop.

Yep, I had a duck when I was a kid. It would sit on my shoulder while I was eating and steal food from my fork when I tried to eat what was on the fork. It would also attack any cat or dog that come into our garden!
When it was a year old we put it back into the lake where I originally found it. It mixed well with the other ducks and eventualy flew away with them.

Quack.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

I had an alcoholic Ex like that for a while. I'll take the damn bobcat.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Midnight4444
news.sciencemag.org...

About 2000 years ago, a city of mound builders, specifically the Hopewell culture, gave this Bobcat a high honor. It was buried like a human and with a necklace of bear teeth and shells.

Was this an attempt at domestication, a special one off case? Obviously we can't ask them, but any record of attempts at domestication are note worthy in their own right, but something about this cat was special.

The article goes on to describe how even dogs, while often buried, we're not afforded the same place of honor as this cat. Someone of status in their society decided this animal deserved special recognition.

That was someones loyal companion raised from a baby,or a bobcat which fought off enemies of someone in a time of great need.
That particular bobcat was honoured with a human burial because it became part of the human tribe for some reason.
It deserved to be remembered.

And today,2000 years later on the internet,we find ourselves talking about that very creature.
I doubt anyone will remember me in 100 let alone 2000 years time,nor would I expect them to.

Big respect to that animal,and to those who gave it a decent burial.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I think the domestication happened alot earlier than we know

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

i've never been known to stand within 20 feet of a bobcat without having a gun drawn. I like my face intact, thank you.

I wanted one real bad but the folks put their feet down on the bobcat issue. Did have some 'coons and a pet squirrel.

The neighbors had a bob, he was a lot of fun. But like everyone else I knew that tried it, you just can't litter box train 'em. Bobs don't bury their scat and don't "get" litter boxes, and they also like to drop it where it can be admired by all, in practice they tend to do it on the couch back. A wild bob will do it right in the middle of a road, or on top of a tree stump. There's some sort of "Behold my poop!" thing with bobbies.

Its a territorial thing among bobcats. They mark the middle of the dirt road that runs in front of the farm about every quarter mile. I doesn't smell like "normal" cat feces, however.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: temujiin

I think the domestication happened alot earlier than we know

Well... this bob is about 2000 years (by really conservative estimates) late to that party then.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Finally, the proof of Catlantis that we've all been waiting for...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join