It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helpful ghosts in hospitals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
My husband and I celebrated our 23rd wedding anniversary today. When we went out to a nice supper club for dinner, we got to talking about his experiences last October. I made a remark how I'm so grateful he's even here after last October.

On October 15, 2014, my husband had quadruple heart bypass surgery. He had been having chest pains a couple of days prior, and I took him to the ER. The surgery was lengthy, about 6-8 hours, and a few hours after I saw him in intensive care, I received a call at 4 AM from the intensive care nurse telling me they had to take him back in and open his chest back up, because he was bleeding.

About three hours later, the doctor himself called me and told me they got the bleeding under control and all was well. He was heavily sedated and on a breathing tube for the next 48 hours. For about four days after the initial surgery, he was on the precipice between life and death. Sometime during this time, he suffered a stroke.

He was unable to feel anything or move his left arm. After about a week, feeling started coming back, and he slowly recovered movement in it. All in all, he spent nine days in intensive care, two weeks in the hospital, and five weeks in a nursing home going through intensive rehabilitation after his stroke.

So he was very sick for awhile, and I was beside myself. There was little to nothing I could do for him except to encourage him to hang in there and never give up. I visited him every day for hours. I damn near wound up in the hospital myself, as I was exhausted and was not eating or taking care of myself for awhile.

Everything worked out, and he came home to my TLC.

Anyway, he has told me many stories of "dreams/hallucinations" he had while in the hospital about friendly people attending to him in a hot tub/steam room where he was able to relax and hang out. These same people checked him into a hotel/spa setting where he was able to get away from the hospital for awhile. I always smiled and nodded, reminded him he was on some very heavy duty pain meds, antibiotics, and practically every drug under the sun to keep him alive those nine days he was in intensive care.

He specifically described how these people looked, and they didn't look like any of the doctors/nurses/CNA's in the hospital. He talked about several lengthy conversations in which they gave him advice about taking better care of himself after he got home. They admonished him about what would happen if he did not take proper care of himself. He mentioned that several of these people didn't seem like your average doctors or nurses. A number of them were of older age, and didn't seem to be in the medical profession.

What he told me when we were out to dinner blew me away. He mentioned that these people may have been ghosts - people who died in that same intensive care unit who were trying to help him stay on the right side of the grass as it were. I was in tears. I'm just so grateful that we were able to celebrate our wedding anniversary instead of me being a widow. I wonder if these people were indeed helpful ghosts. I'm a skeptical person by nature, but I really believe now that these weren't merely hallucinations, but actual ghosts helping him to recover.

He described things so vividly. Yeah, he was on a lot of drugs while he was in intensive care. Who knows?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

Congratulations.

Makes you appreciate what you have a little bit more.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I'm glad he pulled, and congratulations on the anniversary! My first one will be in just a few months.

I am also glad to hear you didn't jump the gun and right-out conclude ghosts were the cause of it all, and stated multiple times he was on heavy drugs during his experiences. Just goes to show you have a well-rounded head on your shoulders

Stranger things have happened, especially in hospital settings. Ghosts could definitely have been a possibility in this one

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
My dad had the same surgery and he also saw something, I forget exactly what he saw but I remember he said they were dancing around his head.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Thank you all for your replies, much appreciated.

I guess God and I weren't the only ones watching over my hubby.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

It could also have been his spirit guides. We have one major guide, but many others who also pitch in when needed. And we also have what are known as "helpers". It could also have been some family members there too that have died. He may not recognize them if they weren't alive during his lifetime.
It would be interesting if he could find some pictures of his family members from several generations back and see if any of them look familiar to the people he saw.

Or, like he said, it could just be "good ghosts" hanging out around him to help.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

That sounds pretty compelling. He used to be really into tracing his ancestry. I'm not sure if he has any old pics.

I believe we all have spirit guides/angels that watch over us. I think I have around 43 of them or so, LOL!

top topics

join