It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Presidential Candidates want to eliminate filibuster to fight Obamacare

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

I seriously doubt the Republicans would kill off the pre-existing conditions requirement.

A good number of people are paying for the policies.

Why would anybody stop that?

I say they will keep that part.

Does anybody have any ways to get all the States to expand Medicaid?

We already know the Democrat plan was struck down because of coercion.

Now only some States are going along with the Federal plan.

That's one thing to find a solution for.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

You are someone who has fallen through the "higher end" cracks of the ACA - I know people like that, and I know people who have fallen through the "lower end" cracks that were supposed to be taken care of by Medicaid expansion. Insurance Companies are the ones setting the maximum price they can, naturally, and there are only small controls coming into play now to keep those rates from being jacked up much more. Health care is a massive beast of a problem - a giant web of profit generation and middle-men. It's crazy, but everyone wants to get a piece of the dollars we put into healthcare.

What scares me, really really scares me, is the entire Pre-Existing-Condition issue thing coming back down on us.
When I get upset, that is what's behind it.

(PS - we pay taxes, too, and still pay, beyond our subsidies...)

- AB

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I found this on FoxNews... It is an article about Obamacare and Insurance Companies. It is not totally nice in tone, and I disagree with that aspect of the article, but it is quite a different perspective than I usually hear here.

FoxNews - Obamacare & Insurance Companies

A quote from the article (hope it isn't too long...)

One of the most popular and important provisions of the Affordable Care Act is setting basic minimum standards of medical insurance coverage. Here are some of those standards:

- Your insurance company is no longer allowed to cancel your policy if you get sick

- Your insurance company cannot deny you coverage or charge you more if you have a pre-existing health condition

- Your insurance company must allow you to keep your children on your plan until they turn 26 years old or get a job that provides health insurance.

- Your insurance company cannot impose lifetime caps on you health coverage.

- And perhaps most relevant to current discussion about insurance companies canceling substandard policies, your insurance company must cover what are called “essential health benefits.”

What are “essential health benefits?”

They are clearly defined on HealthCare.gov:

“Essential health benefits must include items and services within at least the following 10 categories: ambulatory patient services; emergency services; hospitalization; maternity and newborn care; mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment; prescription drugs; rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices; laboratory services; preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management; and pediatric services, including oral and vision care.”

It baffles me that people are directing their anger at the ACA which rights these terrible wrongs.

The Hartford Courant newspaper reports that the CEO of Aetna insurance made $36 million last year plus several millions more in stock options.

They also report that the CEO of Cigna cleared a cool $12.5 Million plus stock options.

The American health insurance industry is one of the most profitable in the history of the world. Before the ACA, they made money by finding any excuse, any loophole to deny coverage to the sickest and most vulnerable people in our society.

Rather than being vindictive and canceling policies under the pretext of ObamaCare, the insurance companies should be thanking their lucky stars that they do not have to contend with a public option or a single payer system. That is what the law allows in every other modern industrialized democracy.

- AB
edit on 2-7-2015 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

FOX news is nothing more than one of the 2 deformed arms of the 2 party systems.

Do you have Netflix?

There is a movie on their streaming called "Nightcrawler". It's basically about a psychopath that realizes he can make money filming accidents. He then sells them to a news station and the woman in charge who pays him is shown speaking too the news casters thru their ear pieces to ramp up fear on the videos they were showing to SCARE THE PUBLIC.

Sound familiar?

I know it was a movie, but yet this morning I turned on FOX news and low and behold a shooter not only had DC on lockdown but those on FOX reporting were acting like Armageddon was upon us all because those evil terrorists were out to kill us!

I'll say it right now! False Flag terrorist attack on July 4th! Christ! They are broadcasting it!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Lets see. Everything that was told to us about Obamacare is false. They passed it in the dark of night w/o anyone knowing what was in it.It was passed with the nuclear option. Prior to that , The ACA was posted for everyone to read. Was not half-bad. Then they took it down and radically changed it prior to passing. They knew that the populace would look at it as a bad thing if they knew. Remember , we have to pass it before we can see whats in it ?It should not have been called Obamacare anyway. It was all Peelosi Care. Notice how she and everyone else called it Obamacare ? Now after people found out what it was like and started becoming unpopular , they dropped that name in a heartbeat.It should be stricken from law and rebuilt.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

No #!
Whats Next?
HooHaa.

Yes, I have voted Republican.

But Remember, Link: www.youtube.com...

George Bush Version, Link: www.youtube.com...

Good God Almighty, the grits are burned.

search.yahoo.com...

edit on 2-7-2015 by Wildmanimal because: you'll find it

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Jesus, doesn't anyone ever get tired of this?

Every time there is a different party in power, the party whining about the filibuster, among everything else that is whined about by the political clowns in this country, changes

Its like the NFL. Each quarter they switch ends, with a new kickoff each half.

Its so boring.

"Your party did this!"

"Yeah, well so did yours when you had the chance!!!"

"Well, duh!?! Of course...but still, you did this!!!"

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Jesus, doesn't anyone ever get tired of this?

Every time there is a different party in power, the party whining about the filibuster, among everything else that is whined about by the political clowns in this country, changes

Its like the NFL. Each quarter they switch ends, with a new kickoff each half.

Its so boring.

"Your party did this!"

"Yeah, well so did yours when you had the chance!!!"

"Well, duh!?! Of course...but still, you did this!!!"

Good question for Jesse Ventura right? Hell, how many people believe Professional Wrestling is real, yet are made fun of by the same people who believe in politics?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Wanting to get rid of the supreme court is not only idiotic, but honestly it could be treason since taking away the checks and balances of government would destroy our country more than it already is.

No matter what you think of Obamacare (and those beliefs are mainly bogus anyways) it doesn't justify radically altering our structure of government.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

US politics, in 2015, has a similar strategy to Global Thermonuclear War

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Logarock

You just keep typing words. It's seems more like you listened to a pundit tell you that you shouldn't like the Supreme Court anymore and you just nodded your head, than actually having anything that resembles a legitimate reason.

I would do that but am not a democrat.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Well, once again we see that long-held principles and integrity only exist for show in the Republican party. The same people who were freaking out a few years ago at the prospect of Democrats using a "nuclear option" are now clambering to do the same thing themselves, just because of they irrational mass hatred of Obama. Am I the only one who sees the hypocricy in this?

www.msnbc.com...

A GOP ‘nuclear option’ would bring sweeping consequences

Of course when Harry Reid wanted to do away with the filibuster to get a fast track for his plans, that was okay for you right?

Nope, they all do this, and they all want to do things that hurt "we the people"

When are you going to learn? Ever?

And you think this is because of hatred for Obama? Look at how the king of lies has done everything you are now condemning, himself, whenever it suits his plans. Look the other way when Obama does it.
edit on 3-7-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: xuenchen

That is one post of yours, xuenchen, that I agree with. There are multiple circumstances and issues to look at. I haven't heard anyone attempting solutions, you know, doing their job on this. It's either set in gold (because of the fear that if they open up any of the law to legislation the Republicans will fill it with poison pills to kill it) OR it's Repeal and Replace (with some mysterious plan we don't really have any information on yet but...yeah..Replace!)

I wish people in Washington would work for the people, and not as much for their party.

- AB

Well we cant expect that the Dems themselves, Obama, would want to get in there and tweak ect. They didn't even read the thing to begin with.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I am paying 1400.00 a month, thanks to obamacare.

um, yay.

Maybe you should pull yourself up by the conservative bootstraps and get a job that has better benefits?

Isn't that what conservatives always tell us?

Seems like this and the topic above are related... one party likes to say one thing, but doesn't like to follow what they preach.
edit on 10Fri, 03 Jul 2015 10:09:57 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Yeah. But did you read the article? It was very liberal.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

Republicans:

1) don't believe the rules apply to them.
2) change the rules in order to get what they want.
3) don't lose with any class. (I'm refering to the constant challenges to laws past by anyone else)
4) cheat in all things.

They learn it in College.

I'm almost 100% sure you just described Hillary Clinton

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join