It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Presidential Candidates want to eliminate filibuster to fight Obamacare

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: intrepid

Hay Dems ran roughshod when they were in position to do so then cried about the lack of bipartisanism when they lost control. Thats their game for saps.

What's your point? I pointed out what Cruz said, getting rid of the SC because they aren't giving the GOP the love they want. You said, wrongly, that it was Obama. The point being that the GOP isn't the constitutional champions they say they are. Their excuse? "They did something like that." Whatever.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

You just keep typing words. It's seems more like you listened to a pundit tell you that you shouldn't like the Supreme Court anymore and you just nodded your head, than actually having anything that resembles a legitimate reason.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Of course they do. And then when the pendulum swings (or worse, they get their way and millions of people lose insurance and some die, and then the remaining ones sharpen their political pitchforks...don't say I didn't warn you...) they will want the filibuster back.

It's about power, people, and who gets to wield it. It's about strong arm tactics and trying to ensure their "team" wins by whatever rules they can. I'm really not surprised by this. It is what politicians do.

As to the SCOTUS, they have given plenty of recent conservative "wins" as well: Citizen's United, Hobby Lobby, EPA ruling, etc. SCOTUS is a love/hate relationship for everyone.

AB
edit on 2-7-2015 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Spare the drama.

Were you upset when millions lost their insurance only to get much more expensive and poorer coverage insurance through obamacare?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Spare the drama.

Were you upset when millions lost their insurance only to get much more expensive and poorer coverage insurance through obamacare?

Oh good grief. How is that drama? Spare me your sparing, please. No personal attacks, please. Sheesh.

Okay... a LITTLE drama...but it is true. I can't pay $1400 per month for coverage, can you? That's what it costs now sans ACA.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

No attack, honest question.

were you upset when millions now had to pay more for less coverage?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
This could easily happen !!!

If the Democrat Party doesn't recover from last year's meltdown, the Republicans would certainly re-design Obama.Care.

With the IRS already scrambling like maniacs to get the taxpayer info right and making mistakes like crazy, many people will vote for anybody but a Democrat on all ballots.

People unable to pay those high deductibles will press "(R)" all the way too.

The Democrat Party is closer to extinction than ever before in their sordid history.

They need a name change real soon.

Are they that smart?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I AM upset!! I AM upset for all the people who have had the short end of the stick with the ACA! If you read my post history, you will see this. I would be MORE upset by people going back to the days of "death by insurance panel."

And CAN you pay $1400 per month?!? I CAN'T. I would lose my freaking insurance for my kids!!! That matters to me and I hope it matters to others? Are YOU upset about that? Are you upset that people would be hurt in very very serious ways by NOT having insurance???

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Now might be a good time to consider a sensible discussion on necessary changes to the ACA.

It's gonna happen soon enough.

Target the problems and highlight the "good" parts that actually benefit the majority as a whole.

Get rid of the parts that cripple more people than they help.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: CB328

Of course they do. And then when the pendulum swings (or worse, they get their way and millions of people lose insurance and some die, and then the remaining ones sharpen their political pitchforks...don't say I didn't warn you...) they will want the filibuster back.

It's about power, people, and who gets to wield it. It's about strong arm tactics and trying to ensure their "team" wins by whatever rules they can. I'm really not surprised by this. It is what politicians do.

As to the SCOTUS, they have given plenty of recent conservative "wins" as well: Citizen's United, Hobby Lobby, EPA ruling, etc. SCOTUS is a love/hate relationship for everyone.

AB

Agreed!

So why are you still picking a side?

link   

originally posted by: CB328
Well, once again we see that long-held principles and integrity only exist for show in the Republican party. The same people who were freaking out a few years ago at the prospect of Democrats using a "nuclear option" are now clambering to do the same thing themselves, just because of they irrational mass hatred of Obama. Am I the only one who sees the hypocricy in this?

www.msnbc.com...

A GOP ‘nuclear option’ would bring sweeping consequences

How can you not see this cuts both ways, seeing as how Democrats have been decrying the filibusterer for the last 6 years? These are the standards set by Democrats that are suddenly (not surprisingly) a bad thing now.
edit on 2-7-2015 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That is one post of yours, xuenchen, that I agree with. There are multiple circumstances and issues to look at. I haven't heard anyone attempting solutions, you know, doing their job on this. It's either set in gold (because of the fear that if they open up any of the law to legislation the Republicans will fill it with poison pills to kill it) OR it's Repeal and Replace (with some mysterious plan we don't really have any information on yet but...yeah..Replace!)

I wish people in Washington would work for the people, and not as much for their party.

- AB

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I AM upset!! I AM upset for all the people who have had the short end of the stick with the ACA! If you read my post history, you will see this. I would be MORE upset by people going back to the days of "death by insurance panel."

And CAN you pay $1400 per month?!? I CAN'T. I would lose my freaking insurance for my kids!!! That matters to me and I hope it matters to others? Are YOU upset about that? Are you upset that people would be hurt in very very serious ways by NOT having insurance???

I am paying 1400.00 a month, thanks to obamacare.

um, yay.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Its like there must be an election or something coming up, its all talk to get there guy in the white house, thats all politicians really do.

Hope people dont fall for it

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I'm an Independent, not a Democrat. I am left of center, how far left depends on who is choosing the center.

AB

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Let them have it because they are going to get it anyway, no matter what it is.
In time another bill will be attached to something we cannot reject and it will simply glide through.

It's over. Done. Gone before it begins. Debate no longer necessary nor even enjoyed by the passionate.
If it's the shirt off your back they want, hand it to them. Follow them a few steps because they'll throw it away in a second longer than our current level of patience tolerates.

No matter what is passed and what comes after, all these bureaucrats and corrupt folks are going to have to spend more energy than they have maintaining it all.

I'm not cynical either. It's just the reality now.
Anything good on TV tonight? Serious question.
edit on 2-7-2015 by Atlantican because: Texting and spelling are different things.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Well, that stinks!

You are not eligible for subsidies, then?

I am all for making health care affordable for everyone!!!

- AB

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

That is one post of yours, xuenchen, that I agree with. There are multiple circumstances and issues to look at. I haven't heard anyone attempting solutions, you know, doing their job on this. It's either set in gold (because of the fear that if they open up any of the law to legislation the Republicans will fill it with poison pills to kill it) OR it's Repeal and Replace (with some mysterious plan we don't really have any information on yet but...yeah..Replace!)

I wish people in Washington would work for the people, and not as much for their party.

- AB

Yet we fight every election cycle over the same liars that will all of a sudden make things right for the people........

Take a close look at Obama and his administration. Would you say they created a compassionate world or a world filled with so much hate and rage, that we are ALL fearing what may happen next?

Before you say I hate Obama take a look at how Bush and those presidents before set this whole flustercluck up!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Well, that stinks!

You are not eligible for subsidies, then?

I am all for making health care affordable for everyone!!!

- AB

lolz

subsidies.

No. I'm not eligible for the government to give me money that they took from me in the first place.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Yep. Sides do fight. It gets ugly. I won't argue with you on that one!

I think multiple mistakes have been made by every sitting President. I can't say Obama is responsible for "hate and rage" of people - nor would he be responsible for any "compassionate" feelings they have - people are responsible for their own feelings...

peace,
AB

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join