It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wish I could go back in time like 10 years.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Because the USA wasn't living in the Era of the Offended.

I swear, if everyone got their way, the govt would really come in to mess things up. In order to not offend anyone ever again, the following would no doubt have to become Rule.

1. Every single person would have to wear the same shade grey clothing. Same style. No buttons, no zippers, nothing. Just a one piece clothing. It can not show any curves, body size or shape so one would need an equavalent of an 1860's hoop, but rectangular in shape. That way all are the same size and no one can be offended by size and shape, weight and figure.

2. Since folks talking would offend, we'd have to wear something to keep us from verbailzing. Writing would be outlawed also. We'd have to wear the same shade gray head covering which hid our hair style, hair color, eye color, face. No offense then for blue eyes or brown eyes or any color eyes.

3. Height would be fixed by taking the tallest human and having the rest wear risers or platforms so all would be the same height so no one is offended.

4. Houses, cars, would be the same style, same shade of grey, same furnitrue inside, set up the same way, all grey.

I really dont know what else to add, but every thing would have to be carbon copied down to what food we eat on what day; it'd all have to be the same meal so no one is offended that Mrs Jones eats steak while Mrs. Smith has oatmeal

Swear to all, this is about the only way it will change. This Era or Age of the Offended is actually offending ME. Why can't the things I"M offended by be fixed? Yanno. Like

world hunger
living wages
lower prices
child abuse
human abuse
animal abuse
govt for the people instead of govt over the people
our food health (gmo etc)
racism
murdering

All of that offends me to no end, yet it's love and cloth and what Suzie has instead of Johnny property wise that affects people.

Priorities are wrong. Wrong wrong wrong. I want the things I'm offended by to be fixed.
Else I can see it becoming a grey, gray, grey, gray world.

Why grey?
Because any other color seems to offend, so a nice neutral grey works.
Until grey aliens show themselves, then I don't know what we'd do, haha.
edit on 19pmThu, 02 Jul 2015 15:22:19 -0500Thu, 02 Jul 2015 15:22:19 -0500pm1833 by sarra1833 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833

You forgot Socker Boppers!

Everyone must wear them to prevent violence.

And the shock collars to punish PC blasphemers.
edit on 2-7-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Well see, no one would communicate so there'd be no PC blasphemers

I can sadly picture all of this happening within 20 years or less if people just don't start to yanno. Respect others' opinions and beliefs or lack of. Most of the things folks are offended by anymore really doesn't harm them physically. "His pants sag." "They dared get married and they're the same sex". The sagging pants aren't making the offended trip and fall. The same sex married people aren't shacking up in the offendeds bedroom showing step by step process details.

I wish I knew what the first thing was that started the Age of the Offended.
I'd probably smack it/them. No joke. xD

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

10 years ago is 4 years after 9/11...

Let's go back to 1999 instead.

Then let's not invade the middle east.. Let's take back over the government, and forgive the freaks with "re training" camps so they can learn what Love is.

Then let's Party!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I wish I could go back to this morning and find where I left my keys..

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

There is nothing wrong with having an opinion and if it offends people then too bad. I offend people almost everyday, I know I offend people when I leave replies on ATS. (lol).

I kinda see your point you think people need a thicker skin.

I think if people worried about themselves as much as they worried about everyone else it would be a much happier place to live.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: catjuggler

They're on your kitchen counter I saw them a few minutes ago.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: highfromphoenix

Your last sentence?

Nailed it. That's precisely it. And I feel sad that that just may never happen. Yet turning the other cheek and such is so simple. Like that one country song from eons ago ,"If you mind your own business, you won't be minding mine."

So simple. So stinkin' simple, yet the whole can't do it consistently.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: catjuggler

That is why nature gave us a brain.
(just being funny... no offense).

BUT SERIOUSLY...

I wish I could go back ten years too,
that would give me 9 year more of
not being lactose intolerant.

NO JOKE

Everyone at my job has the same
story, we all have become lactose
intolerant with in the last year.

Is there something in the water?
Does anyone else find this strange?
It is a conspiracy I tell you !%$#@!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Well you can't. But you can, in future, use your time in a more productive manner.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Its called "intolerance" . Why should anyone believe differently than I do ? I am always correct. This is the thinking nowadays.The very issue people are complaining about is the very thing they are doing.This started way back before 2005 . Why? I have no idea. The differences between people are so trivial . But , over the years we have been taught (trained more likely) into believing someone may be hurt by something we say. Sometimes it is the truth. The truth hurts , but reasonable people get over it and realize .Forcing someone to accept my views only causes a larger divide. Could that be the underlying reason ?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I heard one time..
The truth hurts,
but Lies Burn.

Whoever said that to me is Awesome.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: sarra1833

Priorities are wrong. Wrong wrong wrong. I want the things I'm offended by to be fixed.

What else to expect from a society celebrating selfishness and entitlement ?

When you put the individual before the society you reap what you sow.

top topics

join