It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korean scientist flees to Finland with info on inhumane experiments

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

A North Korean scientist with expertise in biochemical weaponry defected from his home country in June and has been spending his time in Finland.

The 47-year-old left with 15 gigabytes worth of data and information regarding human experimentation, which he felt may have crossed ethical boundaries according to Yonhap News Agency.

The researcher plans to present and hand over the information to the European parliament later this month.

The South Korean Defense Ministry recently issued warnings of biochemical threats coming from the North including the likes of anthrax and smallpox.

N. Korean scientist flees to Finland with info on inhumane experiments

The last thing I want is for the West to get embroiled in another never ending conflict, but I think something should be done about N. Korea. They may not be a viable threat to anyone except their own people, but I suspect they routinely commit atrocities against civilians.

I would think that defecting would put this guys family in a lot of danger, and am wondering if the information he has is so repugnant he believes it's worth the risk in getting global attention.

If they have smallpox virus, I have a sneaking suspicion I know where it came from...

One worry I have is that Glorious People's Republic of Best Korea is batcrap insane enough to actually do something, and if not are surely incompetent enough to have an accident.

At the end of the day, we'll probably be horrified and do diddly squat like usual. It's getting embarrassing.

I'm wondering about the veracity of the claims as this is coming from a South Korean paper, but if true I don't think I want to see what's on the disk.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Must be pretty good at evading the authorities this guy, even bond got caught there.

I'd like to see what they're up to, maybe the super pill they were gloating about is in the files?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
This one is all about details.
I wish there were some details.
I will just have to patiently wait for some to come out.... if any ever do.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The guy fed his uncle to rabid dogs, ffs, do you really think this qualifies as news?... LOL

edit on 2015-07-02T15:11:02-05:00pm31200000033ThursdayAmerica/ChicagoThu, 02 Jul 2015 15:11:02 -0500 by catjuggler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

The researcher plans to present and hand over the information to the European parliament later this month.

This just in!!! Quoted from unnamed source!!

47 year old North Korean Scientist found dead. Cause of death - he held his breath too long. Officials have determined the cause of death to be suicide....

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Interesting definitely worth keeping an eye on what if anything develops.

My main question is why go to Finland?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow

This just in!!! Quoted from unnamed source!!

47 year old North Korean Scientist found dead. Cause of death - he held his breath too long. Officials have determined the cause of death to be suicide....

Is this a joke?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: highfromphoenix

He didn't necessarily escape from North Korea, think what country is real close to Finland. Touching even.
edit on 0220150720151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Devil's Advocate...

How do we know he is from DPRK, and is not just a South Korean spreading propaganda?

Note;
Link didn't work.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
We should do something about NoKo, but no way we can unless China allows it to happen.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Yeah I'm not going to trust the source 100% here.

Link works for me. Cached version since Reddit hugged the source to death.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Why should the west do anything about it?

North Korea is the lapdog of China. Many people around here believe China is the most benevolent champion for world and human rights . Many people speak with such esteem and reverence when they speak of China .

Or what about the Demi-God Vladimir Putin is he a racist bigot who only wants to protect Russian speakers, or is he truly a champion of human rights ?

Why aren't there calls for China or Russia to do something?
edit on 2-7-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Here is the article in Helsingin sanomat
HS

Sorry its in finnish, you can google translate it tho
( google is not good for finnish translations )

North Korean biochemical weapons expert has defected to Finland in early June with gigabytes of evidence of human experiments , reported South Korean Yonhap News Agency on Thursday. 47 -year-old researcher, whose surname is multiplied Lee, worked for microbiological Research Unit Ganggyessa , Chagang province, near the Chinese border . North Korean Human Rights Association representative, Lee defected to Finland via the Philippines on June 6 , Yonhap reported on . Lee was Yonhap say, a storage device , which has 15 GB of information in North Korea functions in human trials. He wants to expose human trials . Defector intends to prove to the European Parliament later in July. Finland 's Foreign Ministry could not late on Thursday evening to confirm the information in the HS for .

So at the moment it is hearsay.. but knowing our government and when they do not comment right away... there is thruth in it.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
He will hand the information later this month?

# if I were him I would do it now. Idk why politics, science, and military things always take their sweet time with doing things.

I betcha that once they have the data, they will analyze it 6 months later, and then organize to talk about it 2 years from now.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Who here says China is the most benevolent champion for the world and human rights?

And the pro putin people get shot down pretty much all around here as well.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I always worried NK had stockpiles of smallpox.

I fear that more than any nuke........really fear it.

If true I would sign up and fight myself.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: highfromphoenix
Interesting definitely worth keeping an eye on what if anything develops.

My main question is why go to Finland?

Why not?

Northen European countrys would be the first place I would flee.

edit on 2-7-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

Why should the west do anything about it?

North Korea is the lapdog of China. Many people around here believe China is the most benevolent champion for world and human rights . Many people speak with such esteem and reverence when they speak of China .

Or what about the Demi-God Vladimir Putin is he a racist bigot who only wants to protect Russian speakers, or is he truly a champion of human rights ?

Why aren't there calls for China or Russia to do something?

Dont forget the US has propped up some #ty dictators too, dont forget that.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Who here says China is the most benevolent champion for the world and human rights?

Not you of course, but it has been said .

And the pro putin people get shot down pretty much all around here as well.

Your point? After all people still say it . And my comment is not exclusive to this site you just took it that way . I have seen people regurgitate the same garbage in my area .

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The batcrap insanity of Korea is a generational one and much more to it than just one man. Keep blaming Obama for your burnt toast if I am wrong.

Considering the state of germ and biological warfare today, it is negligent of any nation to not understand and develop measure to safe guard against their use. Undertaking research is not just about attack, but also includes defence.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join