It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economic exodus means two-thirds of Puerto Ricans may soon live in US

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

originally posted by: onequestion

originally posted by: catjuggler
a reply to: onequestion

100% of Puerto Ricans live in the US, they're US citizens living in a US commonwealth. Are you acywhere.
edit on 7/2/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Not it cant sustain mass immigration from Mexico and other sovereign Carrabian country's.

But Purto Rico is a exception as they are US CITIZENS and is part of the USA.

Hey maybe property value will bottom out and once they are all gone we can get some rock bottom real estate on a beautiful empty island!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I think it's Mars conjunct the Sun.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Not it cant sustain mass immigration from Mexico and other sovereign Carrabian country's.

Hey maybe property value will bottom out and once they are all gone we can get some rock bottom real estate on a beautiful empty island!

Only if you want to live in a toxic waste dump. Wait - maybe that's it. The Puerto Rico National toxic/nuclear waste dump. Wonder how long before it will be out of sight due to sea level rise.

A fine example of Lazaire Fair Captilaism. (sorry about the spelling.)

Off to wage slavery.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

originally posted by: catjuggler

100% of Puerto Ricans live in the US, they're US citizens living in a US commonwealth. Are you actually this ignorant or are you trying to impress the internet with a new level of stupidity.

Obviously they are a commonwealth of the United States it doesn't change the fact that theres a mass exodus happening of Peurto Ricans moving to the MAINLAND of the United States due to failed economic policy of the US and peurto Rico.

I'll save my more vulgar comments for someone else.

If you knew how the system of Commonwealths and Territories worked, you would actually be happy about this. See, in Puerto Rico, they don't pay any federal income taxes except for social security and medicare. If they are on the mainland, they then are paying more money into the IRS. It's not quite the negative you seem to be implying it is.

For your information, we pay federal taxes. Is optional to filed it, but we do it to prevent identity theft.
edit on 2-7-2015 by Abednego because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Puerto Ricans can establish residence in a State and be eligible to vote for President.

Pretty good plan by the Democrat Party I would say.

You will be surprise. Although the perception is that Puerto Ricans are mostly democrats, is the other way around.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd
I wonder how would you feel, if other people start talking s^&% about your land.

Does that look like a waste dump to you?

That's my hometown, Penuelas, Puerto Rico.

edit on 2-7-2015 by Abednego because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Not a chance....

The Real estate speculators already have plans for some swanky country clubs, elitist resorts, etc. If anything the prices for PR land will sky rocket. These situations always favor those with inside information.

I was hoping for a sweet villa on a Greek Island. To late; the Chinese have bought them all up.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

However I'm pointing out the fact that the United States cannot continue to sustain the mass exodus of all of the Caribbean islands Mexico, and South America flooding our borders.

Then we should have never broken them in the 1st place.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abednego

originally posted by: xuenchen
Puerto Ricans can establish residence in a State and be eligible to vote for President.

Pretty good plan by the Democrat Party I would say.

You will be surprise. Although the perception is that Puerto Ricans are mostly democrats, is the other way around.

Not really knowing, but I see ...

Mostly "Popular Democrat" and "New Progressive" parties dominating by wide margins.

Puerto Rican general election, 2012

and,

Puerto Rico - Political parties

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I wonder how would you feel, if other people start talking s^&% about your land.

That's lovey and I do apologize for not putting up my sarcasm sign.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
If I can pickup & move from one state to another on the mainland, people can stop pearl-clutching & realize people from our territories can do the exact same thing. They're Americans, too, durr. USVI, PR, American Samoa, Guam, Northern Marianas -- they're all Americans with just as much a right to move to the mainland as you & I have a right to move around it.

If you don't like it, tough. Write somebody & bitch, otherwise acknowledge their right to move where they want for whatever reason they want.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
The Popular Democrat Party, the democrat part is not related with the democrat party in the USA.
And although most of the politicians are liberals, the fact is that us the "commoners" are conservative.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

The bottom line is we need to solve the worlds economic system which isnt currently working for anyone but a handful of people.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen
The Popular Democrat Party, the democrat part is not related with the democrat party in the USA.
And although most of the politicians are liberals, the fact is that us the "commoners" are conservative.

Thanks for the clarification.

I'll take your word for it.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Beautiful! I am a huge fan of Culebra....funny how few people know about it. Some of the most beautiful beaches in the world there.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I just want to go on record saying this will be the single largest deal the mainland US has made to bring a territory into full statehood.

The bailout they US government will propose to pay will be nullified.

The US government votes PR in as a state. Immediately there are candidates popping up in multiple regions for US Congress positions. Because of the bailout, the politicians in PR feel as if they owe the US and they work with the agricultural community and build a direct US Monsanto relationship prior to anyone knowing the relations are now about to run all aspects of Cuban US agricultural relations.

This will be one of the largest payoffs in history outside of arms trades....mark my words.

10 years from now this will be available in a FOIA request.

Anywho...enough prophecy for a night...enjoy the 4th MOFO's!!!!!!!!!!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join