It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economic exodus means two-thirds of Puerto Ricans may soon live in US

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Yay! I have an idea! Lets move the Greeks, the Peurto Ricans, all of South and Central America and Asia into the US! Woop, woop!

Source

acing a crisis of monumental proportions at home, tens of thousands of people are fleeing a Caribbean island in search of a better life in the United States only to find hardship and struggle on American shores. Their stories sound like those of millions of migrants – poverty at home, where the economy lies in tatters – but they differ from millions of others: they’re already American.

Our debt slavery "capitalist" system isn't working, yet again! However lets keep pushing forward and see how many people we can starve and enslave! I'm in!

Yay!

Its working for me and mine so who cares get some responsibility.
edit on 7/2/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Yay! I have an idea! Lets move the Greeks, the Peurto Ricans, all of South and Central America and Asia into the US! Woop, woop!

Source

acing a crisis of monumental proportions at home, tens of thousands of people are fleeing a Caribbean island in search of a better life in the United States only to find hardship and struggle on American shores. Their stories sound like those of millions of migrants – poverty at home, where the economy lies in tatters – but they differ from millions of others: they’re already American.

Our debt slavery "capitalist" system isn't working, yet again! However lets keep pushing forward and see how many people we can starve and enslave! I'm in!

Yay!

Its working for me and mine so who cares get some responsibility.

Loosing it a bit? Me too!

We've outsourced all we can - now we have to import people who will work for nothing to do whatever is left.
edit on 2-7-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-7-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

(post by catjuggler removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

We Americans have totally lost our s***.

Time to stop handing out cookie cutter educations and find our moral compass again in this country.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: catjuggler
a reply to: onequestion

100% of Puerto Ricans live in the US, they're US citizens living in a US commonwealth. Are you actually this ignorant or are you trying to impress the internet with a new level of stupidity.

Obviously they are a commonwealth of the United States it doesn't change the fact that theres a mass exodus happening of Peurto Ricans moving to the MAINLAND of the United States due to failed economic policy of the US and peurto Rico.

I'll save my more vulgar comments for someone else.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
heres a solution. when they go bankrupt buy puerto rico and make them a state whether they want it or not.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Peurto Ricans are basically US citizens anyway.

Its a overseas US territory !

Its a basically a colony of yours!

You kinda owe people seeing as you OWN them.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Judging by where I work in the Bronx I'm pretty sure there's more than three-quarters here already.
On a side note I'm thinking of buying an El Camino

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
snip

I think its hilarious how there are Americans that dont know how there country works or even what land there country's owns.

edit on Thu Jul 2 2015 by Jbird because: snipped quote of removed post

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

100% of Puerto Ricans live in the US, they're US citizens living in a US commonwealth. Are you actually this ignorant or are you trying to impress the internet with a new level of stupidity.

Obviously they are a commonwealth of the United States it doesn't change the fact that theres a mass exodus happening of Peurto Ricans moving to the MAINLAND of the United States due to failed economic policy of the US and peurto Rico.

Would you complain is Alaskans or Hawaiians moved to the mainland?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Alaska and Hawaii are US states?

As to the topic...I said it in another thread. They have been polling there a lot asking if the citizens would rather be part of the US or stay a territory and for the first time in years, the majority wants to be the next US state. The poll came at an interesting time too....with the debt they have, it is a great opportunity for the US to take them in as a state and claim their debt, then do a bail out to fix the PR economy in the short term.....it will happen eventually.
edit on 7/2/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Until we can sustain the people we already have the borders should be sealed......No more immigration. This experiment is reaching it conclusion and inflation is out of control. This can only go on for a couple more years like this before the bottom wage earners are rendered out of the economy because of inflationary boundaries. I believe anyone making under 15 USD is really going to have issues paying rent and buying food.

What the media and the PTB say does not match what the people see.......Something is very wrong with this picture.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

This will get ya!

United Nations officials are pushing for many of the Central Americans fleeing to the U.S. to be treated as refugees displaced by armed conflict, a designation meant to increase pressure on the United States to accept tens of thousands of people currently ineligible for asylum.

Officials with the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees say they hope to see a regional agreement on that status Thursday when migration and interior department representatives from the U.S., Mexico, and Central America meet in Nicaragua. The group will discuss updating a 30-year-old declaration regarding the obligations nations have to aid refugees.

UN Urges US To Designate Immigrants As Refugees

I didn't forget my brothers and sisters across the pond!

Peter Sutherland is the boss of Goldman-Sachs International and Bilderberg attendee. He stated that Europe has to accept more refugees from African countries and Syria.

He gave this statement after he met with Pope Francis.

According to him, 240,000 immigrants should not be considered as a burden but as an economic and social benefit for Europe, Britain and Ireland.

He stated that mass migration can have a positive impact on the community in which migrants would live and that can become obvious in a short period of time.

He brought many studies into light which validate the economic benefits of mass migration into Europe from Africa and other places.

Bilderberg Member Peter Sutherland: Europe Needs More Refugees from Africa, Syria

Do you love that smell of "Globalism" yet?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Alaska and Hawaii are US states?

And peurto Rico is a US TERRITORY you own it and you set most its policy.

Your attitude renders the USA a hypocrite! A #ing hypocrite!

You broke from the UK cause we did not give its oversea territory the same rights now you are doing the same?

Merica Land of the hypocrites.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
heres a solution. when they go bankrupt buy puerto rico and make them a state whether they want it or not.

Polls show they are pro statehood. Even though then they would have to pay federal taxes, that tiny debt of theirs would be swept away in the short term. Other than that not much would change. The already are citizens, they are big military recruiting ground already but, they would then get seats in the house and senate.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Your perspective it totally irrelevant. Nowhere in my post did i say anything about the current status of Peurto Rico. However I'm pointing out the fact that the United States cannot continue to sustain the mass exodus of all of the Caribbean islands Mexico, and South America flooding our borders.

Get over yourselves and your ridiculous comments.
edit on 7/2/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

If you knew how the system of Commonwealths and Territories worked, you would actually be happy about this. See, in Puerto Rico, they don't pay any federal income taxes except for social security and medicare. If they are on the mainland, they then are paying more money into the IRS. It's not quite the negative you seem to be implying it is.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: catjuggler

My brother is a half Peurto Rican please refrain from making more ignorant off topic remarks.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Puerto Ricans can establish residence in a State and be eligible to vote for President.

Pretty good plan by the Democrat Party I would say.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Not it cant sustain mass immigration from Mexico and other sovereign Carrabian country's.

But Purto Rico is a exception as they are US CITIZENS and is part of the USA.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join