It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm very sad for my country

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

almost seems like part of the Biblical "strong delusion"

few remember…back in the day:

Alexis de Tocqueville, (1805-1859) the French social philosopher visited America to discover the reasons for our incredible success.  "Democracy in America" (1838)

"Upon my arrival in the United States the religious aspect of the country was the first thing that struck my attention; and the longer I stayed there, the more I perceived the great political consequences resulting from this new state of things.

In France, I had almost always seen the spirit of religion and the spirit of freedom marching in opposite directions. But in America I found they were intimately united and that they reigned in common over the same country.

Religion in America...must be regarded as the foremost of the political institutions of that country; for if it does not impart a taste for freedom, it facilitates the use of it. Indeed, it is in this same point of view that the inhabitants of the United States themselves look upon religious belief.

I do not know whether all Americans have a sincere faith in their religion -- for who can search the human heart? But I am certain that they hold it to be indispensable to the maintenance of republican institutions. This opinion is not peculiar to a class of citizens or a party, but it belongs to the whole nation and to every rank of society.

In the United States, the sovereign authority is religious...there is no country in the world where the Christian religion retains a greater influence over the souls of men than in America, and there can be no greater proof of its utility and of its conformity to human nature than that its influence is powerfully felt over the most enlightened and free nation of the earth.

In the United States, the influence of religion is not confined to the manners, but it extends to the intelligence of the people...

Christianity, therefore, reigns without obstacle, by universal consent...

I sought for the key to the greatness and genius of America in her harbors...; in her fertile fields and boundless forests; in her rich mines and vast world commerce; in her public school system and institutions of learning. I sought for it in her democratic Congress and in her matchless Constitution.

Not until I went into the churches of America and heard her pulpits flame with righteousness did I understand the secret of her genius and power.

America is great because America is good, and if America ever ceases to be good, America will cease to be great. 

The safeguard of morality is religion, and morality is the best security of law as well as the surest pledge of freedom.

The Americans combine the notions of Christianity and of liberty so intimately in their minds, that it is impossible to make them conceive the one without the other

Christianity is the companion of liberty in all its conflicts -- the cradle of its infancy, and the divine source of its claims."

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Verum1quaere

This basically stood until the 1960s where the morality of the nation began to be coopted by the left.

Now I'm no holy roller. Haven't been to church except for weddings and funerals in quite a long time, but God and Country got this nation thru two world wars and quite a lot more. People respected institutions and the rule of law. Heck, even Nixon was honorable enough to not destroy the tapes and then resigned rather than drag the country thru the mud with him.

Clinton, to my knowledge, was the first sitting president to purger himself before the courts and the American people. He had no shame and no fear of the system because he was protected by it and the media - he was protected by the System. That moment in our history, though flippantly referred to as just being about a blue dress, was a turning point in American politics and also the mindset of the people who saw first hand that rules and laws really mean nothing if not enforced and that lying could be tolerated. God and of course the Bible he swore on, obviously meant nothing afterward, since the repercussions of his lying were minimal at best.
edit on 96712Fridayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   
America is built to serve zhionism and it's true religion is Evangelical Christianity, even this wrong interpretation of Christianity is not implemented correctly.
Christophe Colomb was a zhionist Jew, which itself is a wrong interpretaion of Judaism.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I think a lot of us were caught off guard over the USA`s meteoric decline, but we shouldn`t have been. It`s been there for decades right in front of us,the crooked politicians, a out of control deficit, 2 A,M. votes on personal pay raises given to themselves- on the last day before congress recessed of course. But as long as the economy was good and we maintained our way of life most didn`t care what congress did.We turned a blind eye to the corruption and seedy back room deals a congress made up of 90% lawyers etched out, not for us-but for themselves. Running for congress to better the country you love and to serve in any way you know for your kids future stopped happening a long time ago. Now it`s all about personal gain.The blood sucking leaches in this country managed to turn a honorable endeavor of self sacrifice serving one`s country, into a gluttonous self serving, cess pool of self indulgence. I mean the the self appointed benefits must be out of this world for men who are already millionaires to willingly plop down 12 million of their own money just for a attempt at winning a seat in congress.(A job that pays $130,000 a year by the way)
We take in 2 trillion a year in taxes but we`re 20 trillion in debt. We spend 1/2 a million a year to study the drinking habits of Chinese prostitutes,and $100,000 a year studying which ketchup flows the fastest out of the bottle. Trillions upon trillions of our tax dollars are unaccounted for as we pay for 80 million dollar severance retirements for CEOs that just bankrupted there companies. One`s that we as tax payers are forced by our elected officials to now bail out to the tune of hundreds of billions of dollars.
The greed has gone on for a long time and its only gotten worse.Every elected member of congress and the potus require huge sums of money to get elected,the kind of money only big business has,and they expect something in return.
Have you ever wondered why no alternative fuel sources have replaced gas and oil? Well in fact many have including engines that run on water with 0 emissions.But they get snuffed by the govt because a major contributor (big oil) will lose money.For all there talk about emissions and the environment, if it gets between congress and there election funds,then screw emissions. This is probably why the 1st ever production car, the Ford Model T got roughly the same mpg 100 years ago(20 miles to the gallon) as the average car today!
Everything has become a money grab in this govt. and the big business that controls it. The only reason these (biting my tongue) dirt bags havent cured cancer is because there`s way more money in treating it than curing it. Believe me with the multi-billions in research dollars and the brains we have doing the research, it should have been cured decades ago. But the moneys in the treatment not in the cure, and thats probably why we havent cured anything since polio.
Now after being in the throes of multiple parasites sucking us dry for decades there`s nothing left to give and our govt is thrashing about acting erratically and desperate trying to delay the inevitable,our collapse. The scary thing is one way to prevent economic collapse and get a fresh start is all out war. It mobilizes a country in times of upheaval and draws attention away from the real issues. I`m concerned with all the wreckless saber rattling going on, we dont want a war with Russia and China, but they`ve screwed the economy up so bad the powers that be may consider it a viable option.(after all they have bunkers to hide in). WHEW! Now that was a rant!
The messed up thing is there`s still way more to complain about.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

I presume you mean Europe? the Brits got a loan that took 60 years to pay off, British gold went to America to pay for 'lend lease' British bases around the world were traded for 50 '4 stack' American destroyers, most of which they did not receive, openings into hitherto closed markets, India, Ceylon, Burma (now known as Myanmar), South Africa, Malaya, Australia, New Zealand.
I would rant, but whats the point?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   

To argue the point, whatever, but majority of people today in America hardly have roots in Britain.

But whether editting or whether polling, this isn't news. Tbh it's so cliche at this point it's probably the folks nearing that level that find it so awful. This is old news. People tend to be stupid.

edit on 4-7-2015 by ghaleon12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   

It's hard to beat Nixon when it comes to presidential shenanagans.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
My Stepdaughter in Her Early Thirties thinks it's just another Holiday
Just because we needed a Holiday for the month of July.

LMAO
What an IDIOT

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluesman462002
My Stepdaughter in Her Early Thirties thinks it's just another Holiday
Just because we needed a Holiday for the month of July.

LMAO
What an IDIOT

I feel for ya' man.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Heartbreaking

What have we become?
edit on Rpm70415v00201500000027 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
You guys all know this is a fake video and that literally 95% know what the 4th of July is about but then you wouldn't be able to complain and spout a bunch of bull about how bad every thing is. You know what I saw yesterday my little nieces and nephews in front my yard happily singing the star spangled banner. My family people of many different cultures singing and enjoying themselves and being grateful to live in this country. Cooking food and setting fireworks. And every single one of them knew what the holiday was about. But that goes against the agenda doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
This all happened in the liberal state of New Jersey and we all know how liberals hate America *sigh*

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Hardboiled20150923

God is preparing a great and well deserved punishment for this country. Ultimately, I believe most of the US population will be dead in the next few years.

Oh, good, more punishing the many for the actions of a few? Cool.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Agreed, that the poor fought the wealthy's war, as usual. That however does not mean that we need to celebrate the cause under which the southern poor were exploited. The stars and bars represent a failed rebellion. Anything else that's been attached to it since is just romantic wishful thinking.

a reply to: Asktheanimals

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Obama is amongst the idiots in this country who don't know much about U.S. history. He has stated that he has visited 57 states in the Union, and still had one more to go...

In fact, he has given other numbers always in the 50+ to how many states the Union has. There was another video of him in I guess Airforce 1 saying something about 50+ states in the U.S.

He is the dim wit in office, and is "supposed" to be a Constitutional lawyer, yet he obviously doesn't give a crap about the U.S. Constitution...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join