It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm very sad for my country

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Yup, a global super power

That's too afraid to take on The Russians.

with our closest ally the UK

Your President tells the world your closest ally is France. Remember then? The ones that helped you in The Revolution ( along with The Dutch and The Spanish )

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: crazyewok

Everyone was better when the broke away from England

Really?

India only barley on its feet, Pakistan not to great, Zimbabwe is a 3rd world piss hole.

And really the US government now is more #ty than ours.

All those problems trace back to your sh*tty empire..... The British Empire was simply a mass plundering operation, draining the world of resources and riches which it would then funnel back to a tiny merchant elite in London. Basically, everywhere you set foot in history is worse for it. Luckily you lost it all, because otherwise I can't imagine how crappy the world would be today.

And you clowns still worship guys like Cecil Rhodes and Lloyd George.... lmao.
edit on 2-7-2015 by Drest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

Some rich slave owners didn't want to pay taxes to their
government, but would rather rape and pillage their way
across an already settled continent.

The death toll among the Native Americans was in the
millions.

The once beautiful country is now mostly deforested and
polluted, and natural species which once covered entire
states with herds are now almost extinct (the buffalo).

Yes, you are right.. not many American's seem to know
US history very well.

Kevin

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Drest

Interesting to see you are using The English language.

Ha Ha Ha Ha

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

How do we know they're not actors or were told before hand to give the wrong answers? I mean, it was done for comedic value.

Seems people on this site will easily believe these folks are real but will call grieving parents and injured runners "crisis actors."

So I'm going to call this a false flag!!!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

Just shows why us Brits should be happy you guys parted ways

In some ways we won and got the better deal cutting you guys loose
I don't think I can even argue that point and that's unfortunate.

Alright, snap out of it or take down the Brave Heart deal.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Interesting to see you are using The English language.

Ha Ha Ha Ha

Exactly.....

This is why I was saying that so many of the problems in the modern world trace back to you.

Do you ever wonder why the ancient Greeks and Romans weren't racist, but former British colonies like the US and Australia turned out to be extremely racist societies, commiting genocide and wiping out the natives of those lands (Amerindians and Aboriginals). It's because of the Rotten British Core that started it all, the racist, classist, tyrannical core of "Great" Britain.

Do you also ever wonder why the former Spanish colonies in the Americas still have large indigenous populations, but the English-settled regions don't? It's because of The Rotten Core that spread it's rottenness throughout the world.....
edit on 2-7-2015 by Drest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Both political parties have flushed this once great country down the toilet. Each has different means, but the ends are basically the same. For more information, please read a book by Mark Levin entitled "Ameritopia". True Constitutional conservatism is is the answer, but both parties are completely intransigent. Article V provides a way out, but most people are to dumb to look into it and our elitist overlords will never let it move forward.

We're basically left with a large population of brain-dead "bread gobblers" who will always vote for whichever candidate hands out the biggest government entitlement, free condoms, and subsidized abortions. Basically, we've become a complete cesspool with a few exceptions here and there.

God is preparing a great and well deserved punishment for this country. Ultimately, I believe most of the US population will be dead in the next few years.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Normally I do not get all "gung-ho" about patriotism and all that, but it's absolutely vital that people in this country understand what our ancestors had to do to win their freedom and why the 4th is important.

They should have paid attention, because it appears that we may have to do the same in the near future.

I agree with you, I loathe patriotism, but I've always believed that 90% of "patriotism" is more about xenophobia and ignorance than any genuine sentiment of pride. It's the same wherever you go it seems, the US, Europe, Russia, the Middle East or UK, those who rant about patriotism are usually incredibly ignorant on so many issues and use it as some kind of "club" to belong to.

It's important to understand history as much as you can, because it's what formed the society you live in, it's what created the environment for you to exist within, without that history we would not be here.

And, those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hardboiled20150923
Both political parties have flushed this once great country down the toilet.

I see this said a whole lot, but I never see anyone explain how their lives are so drastically terrible thanks to their dastardly government.

Nothing is perfect, but damn, first world problems look so pathetic when stacked up against real and genuine hardship experienced by millions of people living in abject poverty around the world, under despotic regimes, in brutally violent societies - and often with a GOD leading the brutality front and center.

If the most the average American can b**ch about is their taxes going up by $10 a year, or the freedoms other people in their society have that their chosen mythical sky fairy condemns, STFU already about that "evil government" and "hellish society".

originally posted by: Hardboiled20150923
God is preparing a great and well deserved punishment for this country. Ultimately, I believe most of the US population will be dead in the next few years.

Let me guess, you're a Westboro cult member?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
The quote "those who fail to remember their history are doomed to repeat it" comes quickly to mind. Americans as a people have embraced ignorance, laugh about what they don't know then get screwed for it. Yep, it's bordering on Idiocracy for sure.

Well if its any comfort judging from international events the UK and European community hasn't learned any lessons from its own recent history. At least people not knowing what Independence Day is about won't trigger another European war.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Yeah...this is pretty sad, although as with most of these types of videos, this is probably pretty heavily edited to show the worst of us. Yet, as someone who knows all these answers and doesn't have time to celebrate most holidays and rarely gets to go to the beach, this makes me question whether my priorities are in the wrong place. Ha.
edit on 7/2/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Read thru the comments and must agree there probably were those that knew the answers to some pretty basic questions about our national history and were not included. However, to satisfy my own curiosity I'm going to be asking people I encounter these very same questions, over the next few days and see what that reveals. No camera. Just me asking them a few questions in an informal way to see if there's any basis to the video. I'm in NYC and not LaLa Land, so maybe I'll get better results. Who knows?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

the majority, of EARTH'S, population are uneducated and ignorant...

So what is the point?

You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink....

Yes and their is illiterate people in America, as well, and all over the world..

The Problem with America, now is America's, culture has decayed, with diversity.. Traditions have been attacked with lawsuits, in the last 40 years or so and this is your result.. Not to mention, not everyone that lives in America, thinks they are American, obviously...

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   

a reply to: alldaylong

Yup, a global super power with our closest ally the UK tagging along

Only cause we had a go at being world superpower and realised its a chumps game and handed you the reins sowe could focus on better things like universal healthcare.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Drest

a reply to: crazyewok

Everyone was better when the broke away from England

Really?

India only barley on its feet, Pakistan not to great, Zimbabwe is a 3rd world piss hole.

And really the US government now is more #ty than ours.

All those problems trace back to your sh*tty empire..... The British Empire was simply a mass plundering operation, draining the world of resources and riches which it would then funnel back to a tiny merchant elite in London. Basically, everywhere you set foot in history is worse for it. Luckily you lost it all, because otherwise I can't imagine how crappy the world would be today.

And you clowns still worship guys like Cecil Rhodes and Lloyd George.... lmao.

USA does the same.

Least the UK was man enough to call it what it was, a empire.

Unlike you cowardly America who plunder resources and rape other counter under the guise of spreading "democracy", "freedom" and "liberty".

Hopefully you lose it all too and god knows how crappy the world will get with more US "intervention".

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   

If i didn't think you where trying to be serious i would assume what you are saying is a complete wind up.

Do you ever wonder why the ancient Greeks and Romans weren't racist,

They where racist actually

ancientstandard.com...

timesonline.typepad.com...

Do you also ever wonder why the former Spanish colonies in the Americas still have large indigenous populations, but the English-settled regions don't? It's because of The Rotten Core that spread it's rottenness throughout the world....

Do you mean the former Spanish Colonies in The America's that are now 3rd world countries? Do you mean the former Spanish colonies in America's that are run by corrupt politicians?

Remember the Aztec's ? A whole civilisation wiped out by The Spanish. Remember The Selknam's ? Another Native American Tribe wiped out by The Spanish. And the list goes on with other South American Native Tribes wiped out by The Spanish.

sites.google.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

Please come back again with your ludicrous comments as i am always up for a laff.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I know the answers and I am in the UK.

Aren't you guys taught that at school, the US seems very patriotic.

1984? Sounds like that woman got her theories mixed.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22
Was going to put this in the Rant forum, but I'm actually too sad and depressed to work up a good rant. All I can do is shake my head and wonder - what the heck happened? I don't know. Maybe it's the rarified air in California. I'd hope for different results in the heart of America where people actually care and have values other than what is put in front of them on the boob tube.

Heck it took a guy from Italy to have knowledge of our history and what independence is all about and from whom we fought for that independence. ~ shaking head in disgust

You have to realize these clips are edited to show the worst answers, and they always, always end with a foreigner knowing the answers, because hey, it's shocking. It's all bs, plus people get nervous and akward in front of a camera.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

youtu.be...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join