It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump: Let golf be for the rich elite

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Not really True , if the peole in front of you on a course are slow, then you just play through.....happens all the time

Agreed, the few times I have went and made a fool of my self on a golf course we would do that and people wouldn't care at all.
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Ya you shouldn't be on pebble beach your first time out sure.

But if you have put in the work get better at your game, by all means pay the hundreds it takes to get a tee time and do you.

If people are waiting, let them play through.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

It's really not a dumb move ...

Trump has to have speech writers and advisers...he's not a complete idiot.

I also think he could be doing this for his own ego and PR -- to get more people to invest with him and grow his own company after he quits running for office. Any PR is good PR in his mind. He's bankrupted several investors, so no doubt he's always looking for more.

So who knows -- either what I am highly suspect he actually wants to be the POTUS. There's an ulterior motive at play.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

I heard Donald Trump say...(and this is not a quote...but close to what he said)...he said that poor people are poor because it is what they have chosen for themselves...that they don't try hard enough to succeed and that everyone could be rich like him if they were smart enough.

He really does not have time for anyone who is not rich...and his statement about only the elite playing golf is a another example of his ( I am better than you and look how wealthy I am) pompous attitude.

He is not for (we the common people) and there are a lot of us.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Oh, and on the golf thing specifically?

All the more reason to go get yourself some golf discs and learn to play disc golf. It's practically free minus the cost of the discs. You can even make your own course and use a tree as a makeshift basket if your town doesn't have a designated course with disc baskets.

Speaking of...I need to get my disc golf bag back from my brother-in-law...he's got all my drivers and putters....

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Poor Trump opens his big mouth and lots of stink comes out. Some of it I agree with, but much of it's just stinky.

I agree there's not a problem with expensive sports or activities. I see nothing wrong if Golf tends to be too expensive. But I also see nothing wrong with golf courses which want to reduce their prices. Hell, miniature golf is cheap. People will make golf cheaper if they want to play. If not then nobody should complain. The only reason anyone should complain is if the rich intentionally stop anybody else from trying to make it cheaper.

BUT Trump crossed a line when he said latin america sends its worst people across the border; rapists, drug runners, etc. The people who come here might be poor looking for a better life and maybe some of them are druggies or commit crimes, but just because you're poor doesn't mean you're a criminal or a negligent worker. My grandparents were poor when they immigrated to america and couldn't speak english. The simply paid a small price to cross over the atlantic and since our country was clamoring for cheap labor essentially got a free ticket to come here. In my mind, I see no difference between people coming here from mexico and my grandparents. The ONLY difference is we characterize it as illegal today, merely because we're so much more developed as a nation and are overburdened with lawbooks and lawyers. Low skill people suffer more today too because machines and computers have raised the bar so much.
edit on 2-7-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Stockholm Syndrome from the lower class/poor.

They somehow believe that they too can be rich. Their ship will one day come in. It's just around the corner, they just need to patent this idea or get the winning lottery ticket...

They've been brainwashed into protecting the elite. It's really a weird form of cognitive dissonance.

What I find funny when in the USA is the poorest areas always have the highest concentration of American flags, like they support the government that keeps them down in basically hovels.

Yes because poor people should not be proud of their country??

Then why is not so prevent among the middle class and rich areas?

Do they love there country less?
Are they smart enough to don't display the symbol of a government trying ti screw them?
Or do they realize that love for one country's is not dependent of displaying a rag on a stick?

A flag is little more than a symbol of the government.

I think most find putting up flags in their front yard, "tacky". I am all for supporting whatever you want to support, but I am the last one you will find with a sign for supporting anything in my front yard.

link   

originally posted by: caladonea

I heard Donald Trump say...(and this is not a quote...but close to what he said)...he said that poor people are poor because it is what they have chosen for themselves...that they don't try hard enough to succeed and that everyone could be rich like him if they were smart enough.

Quite frankly, this country could use more of that and less "victim of circumstance" nonsense being pushed on people.

There was a time when people were told that the American Dream is attainable. Now, they're reminded why they're not responsible for their lot in life and being poor is not your fault... it's everyone else's.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Trump is a fool and a bigot...........It is a sad day in US history when people like me will vote for a man like this because while he may be a fool and a bigot he is also............

Honest and unscripted and will put the economy first. This is the reason a man like me will vote for him. And it is a sad truth that we have fallen so far..........We need men like Jefferson.....Adams.......King......And the only honest man we have is crazy and unbalanced.
edit on 2-7-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I suggest you come to America and see for yourself it's flown in many rich community's where I live.

link   
Donald...you keep digging that hole you're in, we are all having fun to see how deep you will go, until you realize when you should stop.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

It's really not a dumb move ...

Trump has to have speech writers and advisers...he's not a complete idiot.

I also think he could be doing this for his own ego and PR -- to get more people to invest with him and grow his own company after he quits running for office. Any PR is good PR in his mind. He's bankrupted several investors, so no doubt he's always looking for more.

So who knows -- either what I am highly suspect he actually wants to be the POTUS. There's an ulterior motive at play.

On his part? its not a dumb move at ALL, its a win win for him....

its more exposure, doesnt matter if its good or bad ,all it does is help him.......

Im sure he knows hes not a serious candidate, but it detracts from the other people running, and he gets to rake in money to go speak and advertise himself....

i fully expect him to be rolling out something else soon maybe another reality show

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Yup, agree 100%.

For some reason I feel like Trump may be trolling us ALL. Meanwhile he pulls in money, gets exposure and laughs all the way to the bank.

Trump the Troll.

link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

America is the wealthiest nation on Earth, but its people are mainly poor, and poor Americans are urged to hate themselves. To quote the American humorist Kin Hubbard, ‘It ain’t no disgrace to be poor, but it might as well be.’ It is in fact a crime for an American to be poor, even though America is a nation of poor. Every other nation has folk traditions of men who were poor but extremely wise and virtuous, and therefore more estimable than anyone with power and gold. No such tales are told by the American poor. They mock themselves and glorify their betters. The meanest eating or drinking establishment, owned by a man who is himself poor, is very likely to have a sign on its wall asking this cruel question: ‘if you’re so smart, why ain’t you rich?’ There will also be an American flag no larger than a child’s hand – glued to a lollipop stick and flying from the cash register.

Americans, like human beings everywhere, believe many things that are obviously untrue. Their most destructive untruth is that it is very easy for any American to make money. They will not acknowledge how in fact hard money is to come by, and, therefore, those who have no money blame and blame and blame themselves. This inward blame has been a treasure for the rich and powerful, who have had to do less for their poor, publicly and privately, than any other ruling class since, say Napoleonic times. Many novelties have come from America. The most startling of these, a thing without precedent, is a mass of undignified poor. They do not love one another because they do not love themselves

-- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse-Five

link   

I suggest you come to America and see for yourself it's flown in many rich community's where I live.

I just spend most of the last month there. In a pretty affluent area with friends.
But that was Northern California. Maybe only the poor there are so dumb and superficial to put there love and energy in a rag on a stick. Maybe thats why my friends live in big houses and have lots of money compared to the white trash flying the flag they overlook?

Its just a stupid flag anyway. A symbol of your tyrannical government.
edit on 2-7-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: Answer

wrong on all accounts , its really not that expensive.......

Compared to almost all other sports, yes it is. Maybe $100 isn't expensive to you, but to many people it is. To rent clubs, buy balls, and pay greens fees for 18 holes will cost AT LEAST that much.

My actual point was that getting into the sport of golf and getting good at golf are absolutely expensive. I wasn't talking about going and playing a round with your buddies. I thought that much was obvious in my post.

Your income does not indicate your skill level

The donald is a douche plain and simple

It takes a lot of money to buy the equipment, take the lessons, and play regularly. That was Trump's point and mine as well. I'm sorry that you missed that because of your bias against the man.

I agree that he's a douche but even a douche can be right some times.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Well if he has money enough to invest literally billions into the elitist game he sure is...

P E N N Y W I S E!!!

Sorry had to get that in there when I saw your comment.

Has anyone read of all his shenanigans in Scotland and Ireland. He sure has upset the Highlanders. They'll be hunting his head at this rate!

Look out here comes Duncan and his big sword, Donald!

Seriously it is disgusting to alienate the less wealthy from any sport. Sport is for all people and all cultures. Boo to you Donald Duck.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Yup, agree 100%.

For some reason I feel like Trump may be trolling us ALL. Meanwhile he pulls in money, gets exposure and laughs all the way to the bank.

Trump the Troll.

Haha hes got the hair for it, the troll comb over.........

I feel like hes put there , maybe paid by the GOP to take heat off some of the candidates so they dotn get the hard questions, until it gets closer to time to really start the debates, then he will go his own way.....more slight of hand

i think you pretty much said that but... ya....

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Wow, white trash???

Later.

Very poor form.
edit on 2-7-2015 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-7-2015 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

haha! that was awesome! made my afternoon

I havent! i should look into that.....could you give a summation?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Wow, white trash???

Later.

I seen you edited that little gem.

Very poor form.

No I haven't its still there for your enjoyment.

I just edited for spelling.

Im just calling the area as I see it. Lots of poor people living in hovels with little to there name except flags. How they can get that poor with so many opportunity around ? Beats me, maybe they should cut there flag budget down

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join