It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump: Let golf be for the rich elite

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Nothing from that full quote changed the assertion of the OP.

In fact, it drastically confirmed that he is an elitest who feels people will always be below him.

I'm out anyways, golf is trash, so are most of its adherents.

Absolutely 100% agree, it makes him sound a lot worse if anything - if everyone had to 'aspire' to play golf then where would the champion golfers come from?

Is this Trump establishing he doesn't want any riff raff on any of the grounds he would like to build?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

The thing is that Trump WANTS to keep it expensive...that is the entire point of the article. Trump WANTS golf to be elitist so that only the rich play the game.

What do you think of the efforts to make the game younger and more accessible?

I think I’m in a minority, but I feel differently about golf. I feel golf should be an aspirational game, something people aspire to. People should come to golf, golf shouldn’t come to them.

You can defend him all you want (and then use the very transparent method of saying that you don't really support him), but Trump is clearly saying that he wants golf only to be for the rich and to actively work to make it that way instead of trying to make it more accessible to people who he sees as inferior.

He says it clearly...he wants you to aspire to be more like him and be able to do the things he enjoys...he doesn't want the things he enjoys to be readily available to you...even if they could be.

Kind of makes you wonder what his thoughts are on healthcare? Maybe that should be for the elite as well...give the common folk something to aspire to achieving...might make them work harder?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I enjoy golf, this guy is the "Grand Nozzle" in the douche hall of fame........

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

originally posted by: EA006

A stupid comment from a stupid person about a stupid game.

With all that money he has, you would think he would sort his hair out. But then again, maybe it's not the elite way?

Would you take more or less notice if he changed his hair?

Not really, but if he wants to be taken seriously I would have thought he would do something about it.

Maybe he should join the circus and become a proper clown.

I don't see you using your vast wealth to run for POTUS....potentially damaging your prior reputation....

He's got stupid hair - get over it.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Trump is a Thief and a Bully. its the only way he could have ever made any money...Just like the rest of Washington

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I'm not allowed to play golf anymore.

I still get to drive the cart and drink, but my friends won't let me play.

Not really seeing the downside here...

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

The thing is that Trump WANTS to keep it expensive...that is the entire point of the article. Trump WANTS golf to be elitist so that only the rich play the game.

What do you think of the efforts to make the game younger and more accessible?

I think I’m in a minority, but I feel differently about golf. I feel golf should be an aspirational game, something people aspire to. People should come to golf, golf shouldn’t come to them.

You can defend him all you want (and then use the very transparent method of saying that you don't really support him), but Trump is clearly saying that he wants golf only to be for the rich and to actively work to make it that way instead of trying to make it more accessible to people who he sees as inferior.

He says it clearly...he wants you to aspire to be more like him and be able to do the things he enjoys...he doesn't want the things he enjoys to be readily available to you...even if they could be.

Kind of makes you wonder what his thoughts are on healthcare? Maybe that should be for the elite as well...give the common folk something to aspire to achieving...might make them work harder?

I couldn't possibly care any less about Trump. The only reason he is even in the running for president is to draw support and votes away from others....he's a fall guy of sorts.

Anywho...like I said, I interpret what he is saying in a different manner than how it was presented in the OP.

Comparing healthcare, which is vital to living, with golf, which is a sport of leisure, is a bit odd.

Why all the hullabaloo over this anyways? Golf has plenty of affordable and expensive courses around the world. It has always been a sport for those that can afford it as it has always been expensive. The land DOES cost a lot, the clubs DO cost a lot...there are expenses that have to be covered by cost of the rounds and memberships. There are plenty of public courses out there to play on, and because they are cheaper to play, often the courses are not well kept.

So....who is going to pay for the non-elite to play? I will use your previous comparison for this.....let's set up a government program that adds another tax to working Americans so the underprivileged that are already on welfare can spend even less time looking for a job and begin playing golf on our dime. After all...they probably need a break from the hard life right?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

With all that money he has, you would think he would sort his hair out. But then again, maybe it's not the elite way?

Not really, but if he wants to be taken seriously I would have thought he would do something about it.

I don't see you using your vast wealth to run for POTUS....potentially damaging your prior reputation....

His prior reputation?............

HAHAHHAHHAAA *GASP* HAHAHAHHAAHAHAHA

you so funny

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Ha ha, if I had vast wealth, the last thing I would do is run for POTUS, because I am from the U.K.

I just can't take him serious looking the way he does and I don't have to thankfully.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM
Trump is a Thief and a Bully. its the only way he could have ever made any money...Just like the rest of Washington

you dont get that rich in new york of all places without playing dirty.......

The guy is a joke as a candidate with no real plan to fix anything, just a lot of platitudes and talking points.....

Not only that , who wants another megalomaniac in the whitehouse.......

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

But "golf" is fine for all those illegal greens keepers, bartenders at the 19th hole, Mexican waitresses, and the rest of the Latino servants at the elite country clubs.

Trump lives in an alternative elitist universe and the people that make his lifestyle happen, don't even exist in his mind except to make political capital.

He is so naive that he thinks people won't notice or won't care when he insults the working man.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Stockholm Syndrome from the lower class/poor.

They somehow believe that they too can be rich. Their ship will one day come in. It's just around the corner, they just need to patent this idea or get the winning lottery ticket...

They've been brainwashed into protecting the elite. It's really a weird form of cognitive dissonance.

What I find funny when in the USA is the poorest areas always have the highest concentration of American flags, like they support the government that keeps them down in basically hovels.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Golf Should be BANNED in some places.
The courses deplete aquifers of precious
water for leisure.
The amount of Pesticides,Fungicides,
Growth Regulators, and Fertilizers have
contributed to massive contamination
over the years due to run off into other waters.

The way golf courses existed in Scotland in the
beginning were a completely different field of
play than today. Modern courses are well groomed
for Sissies. Today's "golfers" do not even know what
real "Rough" is.
Elite Male Golfers have their nails manicured
like a Girlyman.
These are facts.
S&F:

edit on 2-7-2015 by Wildmanimal because: add in

edit on 2-7-2015 by Wildmanimal because: typos

edit on 2-7-2015 by Wildmanimal because: add in content

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Thats a nasty hemorrhoid

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Like you really have a choice.....

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I say we throw out the Donald on his rear and back.....Ivanka, she's smarter and way way better looking. I could get right behind her.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Like you really have a choice.....

.........like I really have a choice of what?

hes a crappy candidate, and theres no way in hell hes going to get the nomination so it doesnt matter

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Ha ha, if I had vast wealth, the last thing I would do is run for POTUS, because I am from the U.K.

I just can't take him serious looking the way he does and I don't have to thankfully.

Neither do I.
Our choice of pm was just as stupid.

link   

originally posted by: damwel
I say we throw out the Donald on his rear and back.....Ivanka, she's smarter and way way better looking. I could get right behind her.

Been a while since i agreed with you.........

link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Stockholm Syndrome from the lower class/poor.

They somehow believe that they too can be rich. Their ship will one day come in. It's just around the corner, they just need to patent this idea or get the winning lottery ticket...

They've been brainwashed into protecting the elite. It's really a weird form of cognitive dissonance.

What I find funny when in the USA is the poorest areas always have the highest concentration of American flags, like they support the government that keeps them down in basically hovels.

Yes because poor people should not be proud of their country??

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join