It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer and suspect draw on each other (video) Graphic

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer
Are you people in the real world or what? They had what was for them the criminal, not an innocent unknown. They should have approached him with extreme caution and while they'd got him cornered in the empty restroom they should have searched him and relieved him of his weapon. THAT WAS THEIR FAILURE. Then took him outside.
THEY allowed him the room and the chance to pull his weapon in the restaurant. THEY also allowed him the room and chance to pull his weapon outside.
This was a big fail on the officers part and they must thank their lucky stars no-one else was injured so stop portraying them as heros.
You don't believe my what they do? If you've ever been in a traffic stop (completely innocent) you'd better keep your hands in full view because that officer that's stopped you is walking up to your car with his hand on the butt of his gun and your innocent. The word is control the situation from start to finish not let the perp get advantage.
The police do a mighty fine job at what they do and are put in positions that are ultimately life threatening for them so they have my whole hearted support.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Are you people in the real world or what? They had what was for them the criminal, not an innocent unknown. They should have approached him with extreme caution and while they'd got him cornered in the empty restroom they should have searched him and relieved him of his weapon. THAT WAS THEIR FAILURE. Then took him outside.
THEY allowed him the room and the chance to pull his weapon in the restaurant. THEY also allowed him the room and chance to pull his weapon outside.
This was a big fail on the officers part and they must thank their lucky stars no-one else was injured so stop portraying them as heros.
You don't believe my what they do? If you've ever been in a traffic stop (completely innocent) you'd better keep your hands in full view because that officer that's stopped you is walking up to your car with his hand on the butt of his gun and your innocent. The word is control the situation from start to finish not let the perp get advantage.
The police do a mighty fine job at what they do and are put in positions that are ultimately life threatening for them so they have my whole hearted support.

The officers did not know he was the guy they were looking for. That is why they took him outside to question him. They could not cuff and search him until they ID'd him and made sure he was the right person.

How many times must people say it before you let it sink in? What the officers did was 100% correct procedure and you don't know what you're talking about.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Let me give you a major, major mistake they and you make. They did not take him outside to question him. They did not safeguard anyone in the restaurant. In fact they could have caused a serious loss of life inside.
Please look at the video again and tell me I'm wrong. The male officer actually starts to question the man inside the restaurant. In fact he agressivly turns and confronts the man face to face and demands his ID if the man had a real gun and blew at that time INSIDE the restaurant it would have been a different situation.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

You're wrong.

You asked to be told you're wrong, and you are.

You are correct, that if the guy had a gun (I won't even say real one, because he had a fake one and still got shot) and pulled it in the restaurant, bystanders could've been hurt.

Which is why they took him outside.

So again, just for the sake of clarity: You. Are. Wrong.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
But they didn't take him outside. They confronted him inside and not calmly either. Right from the get go their language was confrontational. While still in the restaurant the male officer faced him off, that in itself is confrontational. then the female officer answered the man (while still in the restaurant) with an offensive tone of voice.
Look at the video again from the perps point of view. Officers stand behind him, staring at him (staring because the camera on the officers heads show no sign of looking elsewhere) for at least 6 or more seconds without speaking. Now you put yourself in his position(even though you innocent), two officers are staring at you and not speaking. I'll tell you what would be going through your mind, the hairs on the back of your neck would be sticking up and as soon as you turned you would say "is there anything wrong officers". But their job would be done, Put you in a different frame of mind.
Then they talk (not talking to an innocent person) with threatening language "don't try anything as we've got you on camera". This sort of language would be percieved as a challenge to a criminal ie. "try it then".
All the way through taking him outside their language is confrontational, they needled him from start to finish then they were surprised that he flippedHe was never treated as an innocent person as the officers had already made their minds up that this was the man they wanted And their resulting demeanour proves this.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Meh. You completely ignored my last post, and this one isn't any different.

You're making it up as you go, so there's really no point in continuing to debate things with you. You're using "must have" to support your argument and that doesn't work here. You still, somehow, don't even have a firm grasp of what actually happens in the video and are substituting your own reality for what the camera shows to be what actually transpired.

As I said before, since you're such an expert (apparently more so than actual law enforcement officers that have commented here), I would encourage you to open up your own training company and start teaching people.

I'm sure business will boom.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join