It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We watch Dukes of Hazzard and we are not racist. How many agree with that?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I agree with that. I used to watch it too...not so much for the flag but for Daisy's shorts

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
Next it will be Beverly Hillbillies.

Or The Andy Griffith Show.
I think there was only one black person with a speaking role in 8 seasons.
Uh oh. I let the cat out of the bag.... bye Andy!

Gunsmoke had a lot of guns. Therefor racist. =p

I even had someone insenuate i was racist because I said how much I admire Malcolm X and his take on freedom and self defense. America is dumb as #.

I don't remember many white people on "Good Times" which I watched back in the day. Does that make them racist too? Fair is fair...equality is equality. I guess that makes Spike Lee a huge racist.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: beezzer
Do you know how many 'General Lee's' were destoyed in that show? 300 Chargers were used. They totaled an average of two per episode filmed.
If you watch, you will see them buckle in some scenes when they land, as the frame bends or breaks.

OMG! Thank you for that post! I watched an episode the other day (before all the ridiculous drama) and wondered to myself "Good Gawd! I wonder how many General Lee's they went through?" Like you said, on some of the jumps you can see the frame crumpling on the landing. I just keep forgetting to Google it.

I grew up watching/loving that show and I'm not racist. My family and I do Civil War reenactments- playing North, South, soldiers and civilians- so we have some random Stars and Bars stuff around. Hang on, let me check.... nope, still not racist.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: dreamingawake

Why would tv land of all stations be the only one told they had to?

Who knows haven't seen updates yet. Maybe that was Viacom's only station that aired it. I don't watch the show, nor care for it just support others to do so. Maybe someone can chime in.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Cosby show is still running after it is common sense He raped many women with drug rape.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
To me this whole issue is a way to not look at the real problem. First, the schools have lost there way because these anti religious elements in our country want to make a mark in their lives by feeling like they have done something important.

So our schools, our morality became a target. Thus morality is not being taught in our schools, so as to not offend or appear as a religious doctrine. In saying morality I mean respect for those things in society we should be respecting.

Since this movement has infiltrated all levels of learning, they don't want to loose ground on their issues; and others even the religious, do not want to appear to go against this issue, so as not to appear radical. We have been made afraid of labels.
So we add to the lack of morality in school, with the decline of the American family, throw in a inattentive mother and father who were also raised without values, add to the mix other radical influences....then we have a problem.

But lets not address that, lets not address the fact that if we added to our teaching of students basic morality in the sense of, respect for human life, respect for each other, respect for country and leadership; in a way which all faiths or a sensible person would agree is for a common good. All faiths have a moral code and even non faiths have an idea of what is good and bad.

For now, build the jails because we have spoiled the goods in the up and common generations. But we should start now in the generations which are still learning.

We won't do this, because there are those who would rather yell at a confederate flag and say this is the problem...rather then look at the real issue.
By the way my family fought for the North, my family fought to free the slaves, my family helped slaves flee to free states and set up for a new life..... The confederate flag is a reminder to me of a country that had to grow up, had to mature....we did, and then we had to grow towards true equality....we have been, and yes the road along the way has not been easy....but it has been worth it as a country, and it will continue to be worth it as long as we can see the real issues and resolve them.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: rationalconsumer

I watch Dukes of Hazard and I am not a racist.

We watch Dukes of Hazard and we am not a racist.

The removal of DoH, I think, has more to do with what the "southern lifestyle" has come to represent. Folks who hold on to these old-timey ideals really haven't done enough to separate themselves from slavery and racism, and our modern world is finally saying that we don't accept that anymore!

Well who the F#$K are you or anyone else to decide that? I don't care about the show much, never saw most of it, but I care about some of this ridiculous censorship, and things like this are only a very small step away from book burning, since TV and movies are basically the books of the new generations.

"haven't done enough to separate themselves from slavery and racism" what a joke.

While I read stories about Farakahn and the leader of the new black panther party talk about killing white people, without a peep. The double standards in this country are unbelievable.
edit on 4-7-2015 by EverydayInVA because: remove un needed text

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Not having your way is tough huh?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: rationalconsumer

I watch Dukes of Hazard and I am not a racist.

We watch Dukes of Hazard and we am not a racist.

I'm not sure that the show is being removed because it's an attempt to call anyone that watches it a racist. There are many shows that end up getting cancelled, removed, suspended, etc., because of the values that they come to represent. For example, Honey Boo Boo was removed, not because anybody who watched it was a child molester, but because of what it came to represent. Of course, I think that anyone who wanted to continue watching and got upset about it probably has questionable values.

The removal of DoH, I think, has more to do with what the "southern lifestyle" has come to represent. Folks who hold on to these old-timey ideals really haven't done enough to separate themselves from slavery and racism, and our modern world is finally saying that we don't accept that anymore!

Have you ever even watched Dukesoff Hazzard? The showis literally about theDuke Boys causing mharmless mischief with the The Sheriff and Boss Hog and saving the faceless folks in the county. Sometimes there are external threats like corrupt cops who the Dukes end up defeating. There is absolutely nothing in Dukes ofHazzard about racism, slavery or Jim Crow. What do you want them to do to "remove elements of slavery" where there is none? Literally the only thing even remotely relates is the flag painted on to the top of the car symbolizing rebellion, which is exactly what the Duke Boys are.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
After years of lurking on this site, I finally opened an account just to say, I watch the Duke boys, and I am most definitely not a racist. I just hate everyone equally. Kidding

And not sure if it's been sai here or not, but the shooter in his picture was also wearing a Gold's Gym t-shirt. Why are there no cries to ban Gold's Gym? Or boonie (fishing) hats, since he was wearing one.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Wow this has gotten to the point of beyond stupidity. Didn't know there was another level past that but guess I was wrong.

I am a minority and I have no problem with the Confederate flag. I know my history so I have no problem with it and I actually support it (not the slavery part of it but the rebellion part - the standing up for what you believe in and not letting someone take from you).

It's not the flag but the people who wield it that I may have a problem with. What their intentions are and what they are using the flag for at that moment; that is what should be focused on.

It pains me to type this but I'm just trying to make a point.

Just think of how many nations/tribes/people out there are disgusted by the US and what the current flag stands for to them. Does that mean we will have to eventually remove the Stars and Stripes because of all the massacres done by our military in the past?

If they are going to associate the Rebel flag with racism then maybe someone should ask all the Native American tribes that were slaughtered/mistreated what the current US flag means to them. I'm pretty sure back in the day when the tribes saw the US flag, they knew death was coming to their peaceful village.

Does that mean we need a new flag?

When does the madness stop?

The Dukes of Hazards is one of the few things that actually portray the Rebel flag in a positive manner. That show is family friendly and has nothing to do with race.

Going to go bang my head up against a rock so I can get my IQ down to the same level as the fools who think this is a great idea...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join