It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MOD To Release UK's Top Secret UFO 'X-Files' That 'Could Prove Aliens Exist'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This article is pro-porting to be an 'Exclusive'...Release of these files have been delayed in the past, but apparently they will now be released 'within eight months'. Why eight months and not now?...This still remains cause for controversy.
Information contained in these files on the Rendlesham Forset incident, alone, could be revolutionary....if it happens.
We'll see.

CONFIDENTIAL government reports into Unidentified Flying Object (UFO) sightings - dubbed the "British X-Files" - could be made publicly available within EIGHT months.

The major boost for alien hunters can be exclusively revealed by Express.co.uk on World UFO Day, which campaigners are using to call for the release of all such records globally.

UFO researchers, backed by House of Lords peer, have been fighting for the release of 18 top secret Ministry of Defense (MoD) files about UFO sightings from more than 30 years ago.

The Government faced claims of a cover-up from conspiracy theorists when their release was stalled at the end of 2013.

Some investigators claim the files could provide key evidence of extra-terrestrial life visiting the UK and of specific information about famous controversial sightings such as the Rendlesham Forest incident - a series of reported sightings of unexplained lights and the alleged landing of one or more craft in Suffolk in late December 1980.

Lord Black of Brentwood, who asked the Government for an update through a Parliamentary question, was assured yesterday - the day before World UFO day - the files would be released by the MoD to the National Archives by March next year.

Alien hunters are confident these records could prove if extra-terrestrial life actually exists, as these were the most secretive files held in the private offices of various Cabinet ministers.

Although the files are being released to the National Archives, it is not yet clear when they will be available for public inspection.

FULL ARTICLE:
www.express.co.uk...

edit on 2-7-2015 by IAMTAT because: Truncation

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Alien hunters are confident these records could prove if extra-terrestrial life actually exists

I'm confident they won't.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
If they ever get released ?
Any thing of proof will be Blackout !

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

So in eight months time at the disclosure of genuine ufo info, life as we know it will change forever! I hope they can explain the crop circles too
ooooh I wonder if they will be greys or reptillian? Are their ships cones or cigars or triangles? So many questions! I wonder if I can hitchhike a ride through the galaxy of course they will probably take someone more important than me!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
They are waiting 8 months because something BIG is gonna happen before then...

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

You and me both.
Not any more than the Vault did. Every body's always looking. Nobody is ever finding...

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Oh yeah secret knowledge? Like what?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

hmmmmm, the express you say?

dubious at best

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

You'll see soon enough..

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Forget files. I want video's or it ant true. I'm pretty sure the only files that will be released are ones that tell the story of some guy in a field who saw something that might look like a UFO and then shot off in blazing speed. Or just a whole bunch of abduction stories. I highly doubt we will get any thing even close to proof from these files.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

I agree, probably just a MOD looking for feedback.
There must have been some ATS members who have quietly walked the Rendlesham forest UFO trail to the East Gate.
Of course you can go scour the internet leaving a cookie trail to get information just as easily.

What do they do with those "pinsentmasons" cookies?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

These files relate (in at least part) to the Rendlesham Forest UFO Incident.

One of the key witnesses, John Burroughs, carried out extensive research into Project Condign . Condign was a UK government sponsored project to research UAP (Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon) in the late 1990s and papers relating to it were released in 2006.

Two results came from Burroughs work. Firstly that the United States DoD agreed to pay his medical costs due to injuries to his heart suffered in the line of duty. The significant part of Project Condign was this small snippet of information along with other technical details:

“The well-reported Rendlesham Forest/Bentwaters event is an example where it might be postulated that several observers were probably exposed to UAP radiation for longer than normal UAP sighting periods.”

Secondly he discovered that further documents relating to the Condign study had not been released.

His tenacity forced the UK MoD to admit that a further 18 were located, including Defence Intelligence Staff policy files, and files from the Directorate of Air Defence – a headquarters policy division staffed by radar experts.

The delays will be based on the resources available at the MoD. These documents have to be vetted to remove any personal details of members of the public that they may contain and also 'sensitive' government information.

Questions were asked in the Houses of Parliament earlier this year regarding delays to these documents.

Unidentified Flying Objects:Written question - HL5778

Q : Asked by Lord Black of Brentwood Asked on: 16 March 2015

Ministry of Defence

Unidentified Flying Objects

HL5778

To ask Her Majesty’s Government, further to the Written Answer by Lord Astor of Hever on 10 March (HL5350), why the time scale for the transfer of the 18 unidentified flying object files from the Ministry of Defence to the National Archives has been delayed from the end of 2014, as previously announced, to late 2015 or early 2016.

A Answered by: Lord Astor of Hever Answered on: 23 March 2015

The schedule for the transfer of files from the Ministry of Defence to The National Archives consists of around 10,000 files per annum. The schedule is continually updated to take into account changes in priority and progress on different record sets. Additional processing requirements on the unidentified flying object files and focus on other Departmental records from the period 1982 - 1986 led to a change in the planned transfer date to late 2015 or early 2016. The Ministry of Defence will, however, continue to discuss with The National Archives if the 18 unidentified flying object files can be transferred earlier

Source : UK Parliament

I am not exactly holding my breath that anything truly significant will be revealed.

If you want to know more I have written up a thread on the original background to the story.

That story leads up to how these files were eventually found to exist in more detail here:

"US DoD have confirmed the UFO phenomenon is real"

edit on 2/7/15 by mirageman because: edits

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Me too.

The question that was tabled by Lord Black in March is here.

The reply:

The schedule for the transfer of files from the Ministry of Defence to The National Archives consists of around 10,000 files per annum. The schedule is continually updated to take into account changes in priority and progress on different record sets. Additional processing requirements on the unidentified flying object files and focus on other Departmental records from the period 1982 - 1986 led to a change in the planned transfer date to late 2015 or early 2016. The Ministry of Defence will, however, continue to discuss with The National Archives if the 18 unidentified flying object files can be transferred earlier

The releases usually have a few interesting reports buried in page after page of dull and dubious records. I thought the MOD had stopped releasing such files with the last batch.

Do you remember Mike Sewell's report from 2011? I wonder what an official response to that would look like?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Oh good answer...
That tells me you have no secret knowledge to speak of.
edit on 722015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

it has something to do with Bruce Jenner

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Oh good answer...
That tells me you have no secret knowledge to speak of.

Er, do you know the meaning of the word 'secret' ???

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

"Link: http://(link tracking not allowed)/wizardsofMoD

In this discussion we use one of the UK's lesser known UFO cases to illustrate how certain well-known characters from the community have a record of not-so-covert [and usually not so intelligent] disinformation tactics. Certain cases seem to attract more of their efforts than other. The Welsh Berwyn Mountains case is one as it seems was the Sheffield Black Triangle incident. Scott Felton has research the former for several years and has seen these tactics employed against him and the case research.

As you can see from our playful illustration above - we've highlighted the following as players in the Berwyn case: Jenny Randles -- it was earthlights! David Clarke -- it's just folklore! Nick Pope -- it doesn't make my top ten! Andy Roberts -- it be them pesky poachers!

The Berwyn UFO landing case essentially saw frequent reports of strange lights in the area which one night culminated in a large amount of police and military activity on the night an apparent landing on the side of a mountain was witnessed. Bizzarely the same night an earthquake type event took place which was studied by the British Geological Survey - who's data became decisive in over-turning the 'suggested' plots of certain disingenuous researchers by Scott after a lot of diligent work. Scott introduces himself: "I'm 50 years old with a life long interest in natural history and wildlife conservation, in part cultured by my Invertebrate Zoologist father. Although knowledgeable in these fields my more academic interests lie with the native languages of the British Isles. I trained in game and waterkeeping after the 6th form in a Liverpool school where I grew up, moving to Welsh speaking North West Wales in 1987. My scientific background already had me believing in the existence of extra terrestrial life, but an experience in the mid 80s during a duck shooting recce brought me into contact with what I believe to have been an extra terrestrial device. So that started me casually at first along an investigative path to the present day."
A Berwyn video documentary by was shown at Leeds University in 2011 and follows up some issues discussed in the interview - it can be found on the RichPlanet.Net website."

Dr David Clarke appears to be a spook judging from his big cat writings. He teaches journalism. Spooks teaching journalism would explain in part why the mainstream media has become so infantile.

I couldn't read the linked article because the computer just froze as soon as I tried.

I've seen a mothership come into our atmosphere and split into many smaller lights that all went off in different curving trajectories to different places. Blink and you'll miss it. I'm not a mindless debunker. But I would advise against taking traitor spooks seriously.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Managed to read the article and I see Pope is in there. Now I'm getting hacked. G'night all.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
If the MOD is hesitant/delaying about releasing any remaining UFO files it's probably a need to consult their lawyers against culpability, maybe something like the American Cash-Landrum affair beside the Rendlesham Forest incident, where people were affected by a bell shaped or pyramidal shaped object, only the circumstances differ, while both involved the military.
I suppose you could throw in the Welsh Berwyn Mountains affair also similar too, except nobody was directly affected that we know of.
I would love that the outcome would lead to big government getting stuffed with liability, and also the American government for anything they have done that harmed people, and got away with it, knowing full well they were ultimately responsible.
I won't hold my breath though!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join