It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

If you could travel back in time and give yourself advice...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:59 AM
a reply to: Galadriel

Sympathies for yor sorrows. Regret is part of all our DNA to a small factor.

You are loved by many, seen and unseen, who hold you in there tender care...

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:03 AM
a reply to: Profusion

Listen to parents.
Don't try to grow up too fast.

Help more people.

Learn from mistakes...and how to not make them.
Learn to love and not hate.

****These 4, I do live by each day:

1. I try to learn one thing each matter how small or unimportant it may seem.
2. Help at least one person every day...even if its just opening a door for someone.
3. When I make mistakes, I try to not be too hard on myself for making them.
4. I remember to be blessed to be having another day of matter how "bad" a day I may be having.

*PS: These 4 I DID learn from going back in time through meditation/astral traveling.

edit on 2-7-2015 by mysterioustranger because: darned phone errors!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:17 AM
I would go back to when I was eighteen, I would give nothing away as to the mistakes I have made as they are what made me me.

I would however tell me this.

Never once in the next twenty odd years have you forgotten to lock the door or left the iron on so don't worry about it.

That noise downstairs in the middle of the night was never a burgular, alien or zombie, just go back to sleep.

If in doubt there IS always time for one more beer with friends, some of them don't make it so spend your time with them while you can.

2012 was a total letdown so don't worry about it, it's 2015 you need to be prepeared for.

Theres no reason for the last one other than I have a twisted sense of humour and see no reason why not to punk myself out.
edit on 2/7/2015 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:14 PM
I'd honestly go back to 16 year old me and tell him not to drop out of college at 17. Or, in other words, don't date that girl. LOL

Oh, and this time, take the red pill.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:30 PM

Hmm, so many instances. First, in 1977 I'd come back and tell an 18 year old me, "don't take all those together, and don't smoke that with it!" I don't want to go into that one.

Then I'd have come back in 2001 just after the stock market crashed in response to 9/11 to say "don't panic! You don't have to sell it all, just hold on, it'll come back." Maybe then I wouldn't have liquidated my entire stock portfolio that was worth close to a half a million not long before and down to a quarter of that at the time I sold, just to get out of debt at the time. I thought I just wanted to start back at square one. Little did I know at the time, it did come back. I could have paid my house off by now if I had just kept my cool.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:45 PM
I'd go back about 30 years and tell my foolish younger self to put the cork in the jug.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:01 PM

I wouldn't take advantage of an opportunity to 'go back' and advise myself about anything.
My life so far has been colourful and full of learning experiences. I always think you can never fully appreciate the light without experiencing darkness so avoiding the mistakes is a bubble wrapped life in my opinion.

Even my biggest mistakes I'm not sure I would change anything.
I was chatting about something similar with a mate the other day, I sold a house many years ago and blew over £50,000 in the space of a few months. Clubbing, partying, champagne, coke, and multiple sexual encounters.
Would I do it again now? No, but if I went back in time and had the same choice I probably would.
I learned from that experience, and it shaped me into the person I am now.
I like the person I am now.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:56 PM
yeah, i'd write myself a note

'It's all lies'

and give it to my 5 year old self.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:17 PM

I'd go back to high school me and tell me to put all my money in Google stock.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:54 PM
adore the live freak show life is

you paid for this circus

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:28 PM

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I'd go back to high school me and tell me to put all my money in Google stock.

But then you would be too rich to care about what others thought and post on ATS.

And we would never have had the chance to read your words of wisdom and understand your unique viewpoints?

On second thoughts that sounds like a plan

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:25 AM

I would not provide any sort of financial edge. I'd simply say.... # everything that moves.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:35 AM
I think of that often, and fantasize of a six year old me sternly telling my parents to grow up and get their # together.
Stuff like that.

But lately, it is less the mistakes I would want to warn myself of- it's the missed opportunities!

I would tell myself that though it is called "high school" one does not have to be high to attend it.
That there is great fun and excitement to be had in those classes- take advantage of it! Learn as much as you can!
Don't be shy, have opinions, speak them loudly! Ask that gorgeous guy out (he will tell you, years later, that he had a huge crush on you the whole time!)
Continue the dance lessons, take singing lessons, don't drop out of that play when you hear an agent is coming to see you.
Learn to read music, don't dream of playing drums- do it! (because learning while you are a grandmother will make your children embarrassed).
Pay attention to politics and social issues around your town, get involved.

Oh- and don't waste any time crying over that jerk.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:44 AM
a reply to: CranialSponge

Don't start smoking dumbass..

That would be my mission , also i would tell younger me that in 5 years time you will meet a smokin hot woman who is really into you but you are to dumb to see it . After that you will meet your wife . Who by the way was voted hottest woman (3 years ) and hottest married woman ( 10 years ) by the local b grade footy club .

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:27 AM
I would tell my 18/20 year old former self: "Buy a house NOW. Sell it on after about 5 years then repeat. Do this till you are about 40, then retire to a destination of your choice with your fortune. The future is in property, but the housing market will start to collapse before you reach warned!"

<< 1   >>