It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could travel back in time and give yourself advice...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
If you could travel back in time to give yourself advice only once:

1. At what age would you want to visit your former self? Why?

2. What advice would you give your former self? Why?

I would want to visit myself at 18 years old because I could then start trading stocks on my own. I would simply take a list of companies whose stocks would go through the roof. I would then be guaranteed to enjoy a life of luxury after that assuming that my time travel didn't change the future.

I would also take a list of subjects, people, books, and websites for myself to research. And, I would have some advice for myself concerning life but that's too personal for me to write here.

edit on 2-7-2015 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Your parents are going to be careless and allow you, as an infant, to fall off of the kitchen table in a few seconds. Brain damage will result and you will be a babbling idiot from there on. So scream, kid, scream until they pick you up and rock you to quiet the screaming. Otherwise....

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Dont marry her.
Youl live to regret the in-laws.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I would go back to December 27, 1982, and I would tell my much younger self: "STOP! Don't do what you're thinking! Run Forrest! Run!" Then we would have a long talk, and my whole life would take a different course. For the better? I can't say for sure, but I'd be willing to take that chance.

edit on 7/2/2015 by Klassified because: punctuation

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
If you could travel back in time to give yourself advice only once:

1. At what age would you want to visit your former self? Why?

2. What advice would you give your former self? Why?

Nineteen eighty one.

"Just divide by Z."

Then I would teach him the Time Travelers' Password.

Mike Grouchy
edit on 2-7-2015 by mikegrouchy because: answer

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
*ouch*

Who was that guy who bitch-slapped me right there?! Where is he?

I was just about to tell you about the most ground-breaking, interesting idea ever! And now, I seem to have forgotten the details of it, but it was really tremendous, I can tell you!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I honestly don't think I'd want to--I'm a believer in the butterfly effect philosophy that if one little thing happens, it can have effects that are exponentially larger.

I'm happy with where I am in my life, with my wife and family, and I have a decent job. Changing anything in my past--which has all culminated into who and what I am today--would change my current self.

Maybe this is why "Back To The Future" is one of my favorite movies, and why I really enjoyed "Quantum Leap" when it was on.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Never cook bacon naked!!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I'd travel to last week and 'advise' myself some lottery numbers

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

Never cook bacon naked!!!!

Is that a case of "the fat spitting on your sausage"
or your sausage being mistaken for the bacon lol.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

If I was in a selfish mood?

You are going to meet people who will hate you, and they will have no reason for it. Don't do them any favours, or give them the benefit of the doubt. Just kill the bastards and move on. The first four times you fall for a girl, do not act on it. Brace yourself for the consequences of going for the fifth. Spend less time working, more time drinking, cussing, and rocking out. Learn to drive early, but do not start driving till you are older. Avoid all things which prevent you having fun, and embrace all things which prolong your ability to feel childlike wonder. Learn to understand when you are, and when you are not the smartest person in the room.

If I was not in a selfish mood?

Just roll with it.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Don't spread the mayonnaise in your sandwich from the jar you just smashed on the floor by mistake.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion I would tell myself to take daughter when she 5 to get divorce then and take her with me.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
To myself at the age of 15:

Don't start smoking dumbass... cigarettes are going to be $15/pack in 34 years !

Do you really want to donate thousands of dollars in cigarette taxes to your crappy government ?!

Dumbass.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Agree wholeheartedly. I am good where I am at in this incarnation.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

HMMMM....are the majority of your posts here from when you are in a selfish mood?

edit on 1435849522Thursday31Thu, 02 Jul 2015 10:05:22 -0500amThursday05101031 by Ultralight because: added q mark

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Not the majority.

I do try to keep some level of positivity and usefulness in my posts, but none of us are perfect, and I am far from an exception to that rule! I am somewhat curmudgeonly at times, so it's probably hard to tell!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
4-24-37-13-54 4

Duh

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I used to say, I regret nothing. I wouldn't change anything, as I like who I am and the events in my life have shaped me, my beliefs, my depth, my poetry.

Up until a couple years ago. Now I might want to go back and change things.

Don't kill yourself to get that college education and miss out on enjoying your son's childhood, while working full time. Figure out a way to succeed without falling for the traps.

If you go to college, study art or creative writing. Don't stick with business degree.

Don't go into debt for anything. Don't fall for the American Dream of owning a home through a flipping mortgage.

Don't go into the corporate world. Instead, find a way to make a living by following your creative passions and entrepreneurial instincts.

Travel, travel, travel. You know it's your heart's desire.

But, the one time you shouldn't travel is the time your Love will die. If you followed that crazy weird feeling you had, you would've not gotten on that plane and maybe he wouldn't have been on that road at the moment.

Or better yet, maybe you should have not been so stubborn and taken him back earlier during his "recovery" and everything would be different.

There's more, but way too personal and I'll start to cry if I think about it.

Whew.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

No shocker, so am I.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join