It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glitter Bright (The Weight of a Soul)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Good deeds benefit far more than the recipient.

Ever done something nice for someone else, and find yourself feeling glowing and carefree for the rest of the day?

That feeling is your soul growing lighter. That sensation is your spirit sparkling bright.

Ancient Egyptians believed that after death the soul would be weighed, and only those souls that had less heft than a feather would ascend into heaven. Modern religions largely eschew this specific metric--yet still believe that only morally clean souls will be permitted into the best realms post-incarnation.

Therefore lightening the soul should be a primary objective of all who seek spiritual evolution. Doing good deeds, speaking kind words, thinking benevolent thoughts--all of these seemingly nebulous acts have concrete benefits unto the spirit.

The spirit glitters strong when fully refined. Like sparks rising from a length of superheated steel at each hammer's strike, the soul sparkles brighter and brighter as you develop it in the forge of this physical reality.

Good deeds are the cloth that polish the soul. Remember that when you take a shower this morning. Recall it again when you recline in the bath come eve.

Hours people spend each day grooming their bodies--washing their forms and fixing their hair and studying their appearance to ensure they look good as possible. And while caring for the physical form is an important part of life, even more time you should spend grooming your soul.

So awaken each day with that motive in mind. Go into the world with that intention firmed, and act always from a place of benevolence.

Do good deeds and refine your spirit. Commit benevolent acts and polish clean your soul.

Glitter brighter each day--ever-lightening that most precious of commodities--and never will you have to fear what the next world holds.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I always believed the mind is like a sculpture : it works by removing what is not needed rather than adding more to it, like if you took a big block of wood and removed matter from it.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

Beautiful sentiments in your OP. It is very pleasant to read such reminders about human gentility.

Where I live people are very hard. It even stops me from wanting to go out too much among people. So many hard faces, aggressive looks and lack of manners. I get very miserable about this. I keep trying to be polite and smile, expressing manners and courtesy. Sometimes I do crack and get angry because I don't want to live in a brutal and hard environment. I crave sensitivity and gentility.

Well you, OP, sure are one of those glittering gems. Never change. Gentle people are becoming scarce and very rare indeed.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: gosseyn

I like this a lot, and it accords with eastern philosophies like Taoism and Buddhism.

Remove that which is unnecessary and reveal the true nature of the mind. When clean and clear, it too sparkles like diamonds.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Thanks! You also sound like one of those glittering diamonds in the rough.

The truth is we can all be sparkling angels doing good things in this world. All we need do is wake up and realize our true potential.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
A series of non-sequiturs and fantasy combined to tell us to do good deeds. Glitter on you little diamond.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Love the critique, thanks for sharing!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

Dang I have some weight to lose!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Hahaha, don't we all!

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   
nice, very nice.

The only thing that bugs me is this.

When I am reading the OP I get the felling that we should do good deeds for the reword which comes after life - when we die and soul is "weighted".
And that is a slippery slope, when you are doing something good only for your own benefit at the end. This kind of thinking is not correct because you are pushing yourself and sooner or later this push will come back manifested as opposite. Just like some member pointed out, that sometimes he gets angry, when he tries to be/do good around people.

We should try to go deeper within and find our light or natural state, which is compassion or good by default. And not because of some personal benefit.

But we have to start somewhere, so even if we are pushing ourselves at the beginning, its OK! But this should change after awhile and we should do good without any effort. Which is not hard at all, you just have to get out of your own ass, haha

I am talking about our ego - our main roadblock. When we are changing our prospective away from ego thoughts this will become effortless and natural.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

Agree with you entirely. Eventually the goal is to do good because it's simply your nature.

But at first people need an incentive, and what better incentive than the knowledge that you're setting yourself up for a more positive experience in subsequent lives?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trachel
a reply to: UniFinity

Agree with you entirely. Eventually the goal is to do good because it's simply your nature.

But at first people need an incentive, and what better incentive than the knowledge that you're setting yourself up for a more positive experience in subsequent lives?

There is a problem, and it's ideology : the ideas that people have about themselves and others : for some people, humans are inherently greedy and there is nothing that can be done, so they fall in the fatalism that if they don't show that they are strong they are going be eaten alive so to speak. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: gosseyn

I agree in principle with your post. But I don't think humans are inherently greedy; I think the human body has an evolutionary instinct that compel it towards resource acquisition and hoarding.

But the spirit inside the body possesses altruism unbridled. That's why eastern meditation disciplines like Taoism and Buddhism preach detachment from cognition. Only by removing those biological brain-based impulses can the real innate generosity of the spirit come to light.

new topics

top topics

join