It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Active shooter at Navy Yard

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
according to Fox DOD just confirmed active shooter on board.

ETA: now saying responding to building197.

edit on 2-7-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
FBI also responding now.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrCrow
Hope it's not another one of those "lone wolf" scenarios.

That is my hope also. We are seeing so many of them lately, and we cannot know.

till we do, I hope civil minds prevail, we live in a warzone to be sure, but we still are not sure who the enemy is.

link   
a reply to: usaman1983

at 8am? I think not. I'd say all of the media warnings and "be on the look out" type road signs have people jumping at shadows...at least I hope so.

link   
Holy cow, that's a lot of gear these guys are putting on! And so many police cars! I hope everyone is okay...

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

When did we become a nation of "SHELTER IN PLACE!" and "LOCKDOWN?"

Right about the time that the people/groups that want to hurt the U.S. figured out that a conventional, straight out attack on our forces would be futile.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Police source has told local reporter there's two shooters.

ETA - they literally just edited the update after I posted and now it says police source confirms they're looking for two men.

Also, DHS on scene.
edit on 2-7-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Twitter feed

Nathan Bomey ‏@NathanBomey 9m9 minutes ago
Someone wearing a "crisis negotiator" shirt is gearing up to head to the scene at Navy Yard.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: RedParrotHead

Right about the time that the people/groups that want to hurt the U.S. figured out that a conventional, straight out attack on our forces would be futile.

And our conditioned response now is 'shelter in place' and wait for the authorities.

If servicemen and women were allowed to carry, this would be over by now, but as it is, we are told to lock the doors, and wait for someone to come take care of you.

Sad.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Even if this is a false alarm they have to sweep & clear over 100 buildings before they wave the "all clear" flag.

Did the last shooter basically go full-auto and brazenly just walk around looking for "death by cop"? Or did he go stealth and elude capture/DBC as long as possible?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

ETA - they literally just edited the update after I posted and now it says police source confirms they're looking for two men.

Also, DHS on scene.

Confirmation?

8:26 a.m.: Police source tells Nikki Burdine Navy security reporting that police are looking for two men. "2 shooters white male black male last seen 2nd floor."

Navy Yard Lockdown

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Now? Been like that for a while. Years and years and years.

Active shooter victims have three choices: run, hide, fight. In that order. Why? Because yea, the shooter may not get all of you but he's gonna get some of you. No deaths is better than six deaths but hey they fought back and stopped the dude. And bear in mind this is the Navy Yard. It's not exactly the same as attacking, say, Marine Corps Special Operations Command.

Also, as a responder, the more people you have running around the worse it is. Running around trying to John Wayne everything is a good way to get your ass handed to you by the response team.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: oletimer

Also, DHS on scene.

Confirmation?

8:26 a.m.: Police source tells Nikki Burdine Navy security reporting that police are looking for two men. "2 shooters white male black male last seen 2nd floor."

Navy Yard Lockdown

Yep they changed it again.

DC Fire is reporting no reported injuries so far.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Reuters Twitter feed

Reuters Top News ‏@Reuters 3 minutes ago
UPDATE: Navy Yard spokesman says no casualties, no shooter spotted at Washington Navy Yard

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
5th floor clear. Police searching 2nd floor. All personnel evacuated and accounted for, no injuries.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Twitter feed

John A. Torbett ‏@JohnTorbett 1m1 minute ago
Navy Yard, DC: original 911 call reported Shots Fired second floor of Bldg 197. 197 has been cleared with no apparent signs of shooting

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Some good insights from a responders point of view that I never considered. Still, ever since Sandy Hook I've instructed my kids to run/escape the building (and have planned out routes) if a shooting situation ever happens at their school.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Also, as a responder, the more people you have running around the worse it is. Running around trying to John Wayne everything is a good way to get your ass handed to you by the response team.

I see - what part of boot camp do they teach 'John Wayne' tactics?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: RedParrotHead

Escape is always the best option. Should only hide if they can't escape. But honestly they need to stay with an adult, otherwise you're going to have responders running around trying to find missing kids that aren't actually missing.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

What part of boot camp do they teach building and room clearance?

Oh...yea...they don't.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join