It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REALITY of Marriage Equality

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: SPECULUM

You do know we can still have Children right? what about men and women who are sterile,do you have pent up hate against them too?

Most homosexuals are selfish, self absorbed, self preservators, who have no room in their lives for children, because just trying to keep a relationship requires all that they're willing to give.

Liar.

The number of gays and lesbians adopting children has nearly tripled in the past decade despite discriminatory rules in many states, according to an analysis of recent population trends.

"It's a stratospheric increase. It's like going from zero to 60," said Miami attorney Elizabeth Schwartz who has coordinated more than 100 adoptions for gay and lesbian families in the past year. "I think many really dreamed of doing this but it wasn't something they ever thought would become a reality."

About 21,740 same sex couples had an adopted child in 2009, up from 6,477 in 2000, according to the Williams Institute, UCLA School of Law. About 32,571 adopted children were living with same sex couples in 2009, up from 8,310 in 2000. The figures are an analysis of newly released Census Bureau estimates.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.washingtonpost.com...

itsconceivablenow.com...

www.independent.co.uk...

www.theguardian.com...

There are literally hundreds and hundreds more, but I got tired of pasting and copying.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Ok, just stop.. you are spreading lies and hate and clearly have no solid idea of what you are talking about... when you said you would pray i never became a parent i admit it hurt, now reading this i just feel sorry for you

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Why is it that the pro-gay side can spot the smallest spec of something that might be construed as hate in an opposing view but are seemingly blind to the mountains of hate in their own posts?

Reading through this thread again it is very apparent that the main objection to an anti-gay perspective is bigotry and intolerance. And the venomous manner in which that objection is disseminated is probably the best example of bigotry and intolerance that could ever be offered.

I believe marriage should be between a man and a woman. I believe the two genders working together to create life is not an accident. If you disagree, fine. That doesn't make you right. That does not make me a hater or a bigot. It makes you both, when you speak to me the way you have here. Like it or not, you are the result of your actions. Bigots and haters.

Just because a thing can be done does not necessarily mean that it should. Many of the natural inclinations of people are discouraged, for a variety of reasons. If your logic is true, then shouldn't we respect any and all of these personal inclinations simply because that is the way these people were born? How do you justify respecting one birth inclination and not another? Do you only approve of the ones you agree with and deny the others? What makes you think your opinion should be the deciding factor? What of the person who is born with the inclination to kill indiscriminately? Do we respect his being born that way? Or the person who is born with the desire to inflict pain for his personal enjoyment? Do we respect his "right" to be himself? Or the person who claims whatever he sees as his own simply because he thinks he deserves it? These examples are no worse than many of the analogies used against me in this thread so before you say they are absurd and do not apply to this conversation - FAIL.

How about an actual response, not just more hate and insult and name calling?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: SPECULUM

You do know we can still have Children right? what about men and women who are sterile,do you have pent up hate against them too?

Most homosexuals are selfish, self absorbed, self preservators, who have no room in their lives for children, because just trying to keep a relationship requires all that they're willing to give.

Liar.

The number of gays and lesbians adopting children has nearly tripled in the past decade despite discriminatory rules in many states, according to an analysis of recent population trends.

"It's a stratospheric increase. It's like going from zero to 60," said Miami attorney Elizabeth Schwartz who has coordinated more than 100 adoptions for gay and lesbian families in the past year. "I think many really dreamed of doing this but it wasn't something they ever thought would become a reality."

About 21,740 same sex couples had an adopted child in 2009, up from 6,477 in 2000, according to the Williams Institute, UCLA School of Law. About 32,571 adopted children were living with same sex couples in 2009, up from 8,310 in 2000. The figures are an analysis of newly released Census Bureau estimates.

www.washingtonpost.com...

itsconceivablenow.com...

www.independent.co.uk...

www.theguardian.com...

There are literally hundreds and hundreds more, but I got tired of pasting and copying.

Those poor children, i pray they dont grow up not knowing who they are

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

So ... you'd like to see those you view as your opponents stop using the terms bigot and intolerance ... and you're going to accomplish that by accusing them of bigotry and intolerance?

Yeah, that seems reasonable.

No, not all "personal inclinations" should be respected, particularly those that cause direct physical harm to others.

The obvious right of adult Americans to love who they love and marry who they love without regard to the sexes involved is quite clear and logical ... and Constitutional.

Touching on what I am certain are a few of your "favorite natural inclinations" that you're alluding to:

1. Bestiality: Animals cannot consent to love or marriage.

2. Pedophilia: Children cannot consent to love or marriage. Also, statistically a heterosexual issue.

3. Necrophilia: Eww, just eww. If you need me to tell you why this is ludicrous, call a doctor.

But in the cases of homosexuality and bisexuality what reasonable difference does the sex of either partner make?

None, zero, zippo, nada.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

It took me this long, i let the hurt blind me, but i see now.. i get you.. and it's ok.. i completely forgive you now

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

"They called me a bigot! YOU'RE THE BIGOTS FOR CALLING ME A BIGOT!"

Okay.

Also, I like how you compared Homosexuals to murderers, robbers, and sadists.

Stay classy.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

You are comparing people who steal and kill to consenting adult non-related people who just want to marry each other?

You think marriage should only be between a man and a woman - fine - make sure you only marry someone of the opposite gender. No one is forcing you to do otherwise. Other people think a marriage can be between a man and a man, and a woman and a woman. Let them do that in peace - don't force them to do otherwise.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Quick Question: do you support that GLBTQ+ people be federally protected? that we can't get fired just for being GLBTQ+, that we should be able to give Blood and adopt, that we can't be denied services, property or housing?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
You should see the hatred amongst their own groups..its much more Volatile and discriminating,they just cant make up their minds what they're suppose to be or whats too outrageous

And yes, they must protect that fine thread or all will be lost

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66.

So ... you'd like to see those you view as your opponents stop using the terms bigot and intolerance ... and you're going to accomplish that by accusing them of bigotry and intolerance?

No. I just want them to admit that they are just as bigoted and intolerant as they say I am.

No, not all "personal inclinations" should be respected, particularly those that cause direct physical harm to others.

So if it causes harm it shouldn't be allowed. What about the many that don't cause harm? Do we allow those?

The obvious right of adult Americans to love who they love and marry who they love without regard to the sexes involved is quite clear and logical ... and Constitutional.

It isn't obvious, right, or logical to everyone. See previous statement. You justify what is right to you but not to someone else? Your opinion is more important?

Touching on what I am certain are a few of your "favorite natural inclinations" that you're alluding to:
Beastiality Pedophilia Necrophilia

No, not my favorites. You are the one that went there. Nice to know how your mind works though. And you think you should be the one who decides what is right and what isn't... Wow...just wow...

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

It took me this long, i let the hurt blind me, but i see now.. i get you.. and it's ok.. i completely forgive you now

There is nothing to forgive, we all have our Biases

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Read the thread and look a the analogies used on me. Then you will know why...

This whole thread is so funny. I speak to people in their own language and it never ceases to amaze me how much they hate it. You insult me and I am supposed to be ok with that. But if I return the favor then I am wrong. I love how twisted that whole perspective is.

BTW, I left the door open for all kind of comparisons including ones who don't cause harm to others. Did you miss that part?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

What's really funny is when religious zealots try an argument that is thoroughly and embarrassingly debunked. They then try as inconspicuously as possible to gloss right over the fact that they just got pwned.

Ha Ha Ha

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Right you've given ample examples of both bigotry (being intolerant) and intolerance, but because those are related to your opinions and/or your religious beliefs, you're supposed to get some kind of pass on the facts, and because that is pointed out to you, you want to label those who are sharing their opinions of your comments as bigoted and intolerant.

I'm intolerant of intolerance. I'm bigoted toward bigots. There, happy?

How could who an individual loves be a matter of concern to anyone but them? Why do you think you have a say-so in what other people feel and do? It's a matter of personal freedom. I love who I love. You love who you love. That's it, period.

It's not a matter of my opinion versus yours but, I will say that the laws in America trump your or anyone else's religious beliefs.

Exercise your religious beliefs FOR YOU. If you think homosexuality is "wrong" then don't participate.

Nice feigned innocence right there at the end, LOL. Do I think I should be the arbiter of what is right and wrong for me?

Darn tootin'. What you do in your life, your partner choice, what you do or don't do in your intimate life, whether you marry or not ... not only none of my business, but I assure you, I DON'T WANT TO KNOW.

Return that basic courtesy, and we'll be fine.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Again, read the thread. I never said it shouldn't happen. My belief is that it should be between a man and a woman. I don't tell anyone what they can or cant do. That was my original post. Everything since then has been a response to being attacked and called a hater and a bigot simply because I disagree. And the manner in which I have been spoken to is nothing less than hateful and bigoted.

For the record: I don't care who you marry. Period.

For the record: I think marriage should be between a man and a woman. If you don't, oh well.

For the record: I don't hate you or fear you for being gay. You aren't that scary. Get over yourself.

For the record: Don't call me a homophobe and don't call me a bigot simply because I disagree with you. Unless you are willing to call yourself the same for disagreeing with me. If disagreement is all it takes, why are you exempt?

Is that so freaking hard to understand?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

What's really funny is when religious zealots try an argument that is thoroughly and embarrassingly debunked. They then try as inconspicuously as possible to gloss right over the fact that they just got pwned.

Ha Ha Ha

Although I'm not entirely atheist, I can see the forest through the trees.

Its not for me to prove or defend

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Anyone that told you that you didn't have a right to your opinion is wrong. Everyone has the right to an opinion, including me. Sometimes, we don't like each other's opinions. Oh well - that's life.

The only thing that really bothers me are the actions of people, not necessarily their opinions. When people start trying to get laws set up so that gays can't legally marry, that riles me up. When people start trying to get laws set up so that gays can't adopt or have families of their own, that riles me up. When people refuse to sell the exact same product or service to gay people that they are perfectly willing to sell to everyone else, that riles me up.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I don't expect a pass on the facts at all. But I cant help but notice that everything you say is fact and everything I say is opinion. I think you found the facts you wanted to find and will never acknowledge anything else. But that is ok. You can do that.

Who a person loves and who a person marries is not my concern. Again, I refer to the OP and my original response. I was lumped in with bigots and haters simply because I believe marriage should be between a man and a woman. I don't tell you what you can or cant do. I simply state my belief. And I was called a hater, bigot and homophobe for doing so. That isn't fair and that is what I said, and I still believe. I am not a hater or bigot for simply disagreeing unless whoever would call me that will say the same of themselves for disagreeing with me. If its fair for one its fair for all.

If its not opinion but rather law, then this very new law has yet to even be fully implemented. And not everyone will agree with it. Most will respect it, even if they don't agree with it.

I don't exercise my rights or beliefs for anyone but myself. I just don't want to be branded hater or bigot or homophobe for doing so when I am not.

Not feigned. I have tried to expound that since the beginning but that cant be acknowledged without admitting wrongdoing so I don't expect it to happen.

Believe me, I don't want to know what you do in your intimate relations. I'm trying to have lunch and I don't want anything putting me off my food.

Basic courtesy for basic courtesy. I don't tell you who to love. You don't call me bigot or homophobe for disagreeing with your choice.

Fair enough?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

I believe marriage should be between a man and a woman. I believe the two genders working together to create life is not an accident. If you disagree, fine. That doesn't make you right.

Yes it does.

That does not make me a hater or a bigot.

Yes it does.

I've said it multiple times but you simply can't see it: What you're doing is no different than a racist who doesn't think he's racist.

Everybody else knows... but you're too deluded to realize it yourself.

Keep playing the victim, though... it's working so well for you.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join