It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REALITY of Marriage Equality

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

Or

What a terrible outlook - you who look to your God as a right to discriminate against people

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: Answer

try staying secular, then if religion offends you so much. many pro-gay activists use the "Jesus said love everyone" as an argument as well. The fact is Jesus said love everyone not 'bed' everyone.

Religion doesn't offend me at all. When people use "religious beliefs" to justify hateful actions, I find it ridiculous. It has nothing to do with being offended.

Here's you next slippery slope/tolerate everything idiocy:

www.foxnews.com...

Yeah, I've seen the religious right using that case as an "I told you so!" about this whole marriage issue. The Supreme Court decision had nothing to do with polygamy which, ironically, is typically justified with the religious belief excuse. In reality, why do you care what consenting adults do if it has zero effect on you?

There is a limit to tolerance. Ours is narrower than yours.

Yes, yours is limited to only those people who are doing what you think is proper. That's not tolerance, at all.

Bottom line is why are you even posting on the subject? After all, you've already 'won'. haven't you?

I'm posting because I can. I haven't "won" anything just as you haven't "lost" anything.

On the other hand, perhaps you know very well this is just warming up. Never mind not 'over'.

Nope. It's just a discussion. You're reading way too much into it.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Is logic and reason that uncomfortable to belief?

Absolutely and always.

They're totally opposite decision-making methods.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
I simply do not believe that homosexuality is what was intended in the grand design. One look at the genetalia of the species makes it fairly clear what the intent, and outcome, of union should be.

Do you have wings?
Serious question.

You're basing your opinions about whether others are committing "unnatural acts" on your assumptions of physical limitations, while you're presumably enjoying flights to travel.

If the world and all of those within it must conform to a "design" you imagine was intended, you need to get off the Internet, it's unnatural.
Stop flying, that's unnatural.
Stop using your fingers to type, they're exclusively for hunting and eating.
Stop using toilet paper, it's unnatural.
Stop using hair products, they're unnatural.
Stop driving, that wasn't in the "design".
Throw out the TV.
In fact, just destroy everything around you and go back to the primordial slime if you really want to stick to that "design".

If you take a look around you now and start to consider all the things that were never in that "design" you supposedly think is perfect, you need to go and live in a tree somewhere and leave the rest of the modern, evolved world to carry on without your nonsense.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Religion doesn't offend me either. A point of agreement. Progress...

You let your lack of objectivity/bias show when you label the 'right' hateful for disagreeing with your infinite tolerance mentality/mantra.

On a personal level, I can live with, if not agree with, gay marriage. Where my line gets crossed, fully and without reservation, is when a fine is imposed for not contributing to that marriage. That moves it into the enforcement realm.

The equality 'right' impinging on the religious, or if you will, the 'preference' right of participation in that act of marriage.

I will go in the completely opposite direction and state the 'right' has been overly tolerant for years , if not decades. They have bent over backwards in about every social realm one can mention-with the possible exception of the second- and I, for one, wish there was MORE indignation. More protest, counter efforts to this unending redefining of every institution in this nation.

I suspect that this issue will activate even more political activity to counter the general trend.

You call it 'hateful. I call it self-preservation of outr culture.

I care not what you label me or for your arguments. That point is well past.

The limit of compromise I will go is allowing this to become a state rights issue. with each deciding by vote which way they prefer.

Simply put, it's 'get out of my face' time or we're going get into yours with as much ado as you and yours has in ours.

It's already started...and you know it. Otherwise you wouldn't be bother with this thread if you believed you have won....

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Religion doesn't offend me either. A point of agreement. Progress...

You let your lack of objectivity/bias show when you label the 'right' hateful for disagreeing with your infinite tolerance mentality/mantra.

On a personal level, I can live with, if not agree with, gay marriage. Where my line gets crossed, fully and without reservation, is when a fine is imposed for not contributing to that marriage. That moves it into the enforcement realm.

The equality 'right' impinging on the religious, or if you will, the 'preference' right of participation in that act of marriage.

I will go in the completely opposite direction and state the 'right' has been overly tolerant for years , if not decades. They have bent over backwards in about every social realm one can mention-with the possible exception of the second- and I, for one, wish there was MORE indignation. More protest, counter efforts to this unending redefining of every institution in this nation.

I suspect that this issue will activate even more political activity to counter the general trend.

You call it 'hateful. I call it self-preservation of our culture.

I care not what you label me or for your arguments. That point is well past.

The limit of compromise I will go is allowing this to become a state rights issue. with each deciding by vote which way they prefer.

Simply put, it's 'get out of my face' time or we're going get into yours with as much ado as you and yours have in ours.

It's already started...and you know it. Otherwise you wouldn't bother with this thread if you believed you have won....

edit on 2-7-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Simply put, it's 'get out of my face' time or we're going get into yours with as much ado as you and yours has in ours.

Can you clear that up for me because i'm confused...

also

are you talking about Straight Culture?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
These alleged examples and analogies of my so called bigotry are really getting ridiculous.

I will say it one last time and then you hate ranters can go on til you run out of breath.

My original post was an objection to being labeled a bigot because I think marriage should be between a man and a woman. That stems from my religious beliefs. That was it.

Get over yourselves.

Get your hate on. Turn your rant on. Have fun. Enjoy yourselves. I shared an opinion. And all this resulted from an opinion that differed from the LBGT agenda squad. If you don't agree with whatever the propaganda squad spews guess what? You are a bigot. They aren't bigots for hating you or ranting against you or calling you names or attacking you. No. Not them. It doesn't apply to them. It only applies to you because you had the nerve to think marriage should be between a man and a woman. Your ideas are antiquated. People with very small minds will compare you to anything they can think of that is old and no longer accepted or considered wrong by todays standards. You will be vilified for not toeing the LGBT line like the good little sheeple do. Traditional values are evil!!! Don't believe them. Stay away from them. Traditional values are the debil... Its one big pity party for the LGBT and you aren't invited.

Shield yourselves from opposing opinions before its too late! Go hide under each other. From the tone of the posts here, it sounds like you would probably enjoy that...

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

More nonsense and gibberish.

Where did I mention unnatural acts? I love this tactic. Put words in someone's mouth then attack him for it.

Try to wrap your functioning brain cells around this concept. God created the universe, the earth, and man. He gave man free will. From there it is man who makes the decisions and must accept the consequences of those decisions. If he invents a machine to help him travel, good for him. It takes a pretty low IQ to see that as an affront to God. If he decides to sleep with other men, that is something he will answer for. There are consequences. I don't enforce them. You don't owe me anything. And I don't owe you anything. So stop expecting me to agree with something I disagree with. If it makes you feel more powerful to call me a bigot because I don't agree with it, go ahead. And I call you a bigot for not accepting my beliefs. I guess that is how it works, right? Any time someone doesn't agree with you they are a bigot. Interesting. I thought the definition was different, at least when I looked it up. But you all seem to know better. So, run with it. Just tell me how it applies to everyone but you.

You just keep going though. You are on a roll...

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

So the actions of radical Islamic terrorists should be immune from condemnation because they're based on religious beliefs?

Regardless your justification, your opinion is bigoted and intolerant. It's really that simple. I know you won't get it because, in your own mind, it's a perfectly reasonable opinion. Just like any other bigot, you've justified your beliefs to yourself.

Most people who are prejudiced and bigoted don't consider themselves as such. You're a clear example.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

You can be invited to the party if you want

it's funny how you say the "Gay Agenda".. i would bet 100% of the people that say "Gay Agenda" have no idea what they are even talking about, it's a fun buzz word to throw around, it kind of slurs the GLBTQ+ rights movement, but you don't have to say anything too bad, and you can always cover it the defense of just saying our Agenda... and even in your own defense slandering others also.

i think you can believe in whatever you want, if you want God to dictate your life, follow him/her. but your Belief systems can't control or rule over other people.

and for the Record i didn't call you a Bigot

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Please point out where I said anything of the sort. Don't put words in my mouth.

When and where has that happened? Who has been fined for "not contributing to" a same sex marriage?

Who's forcing anyone to "participate" in a same-sex marriage?

I will go in the completely opposite direction and state the 'right' has been overly tolerant for years , if not decades.

Overly tolerant to whom?

They have bent over backwards in about every social realm one can mention-with the possible exception of the second- and I, for one, wish there was MORE indignation. More protest, counter efforts to this unending redefining of every institution in this nation.

Again, what?

Self-preservation of which culture?

You don't even know who "ours" and "yours" are. There aren't simply two sides to the issue.

It's already started...and you know it. Otherwise you wouldn't be bother with this thread if you believed you have won....

Nothing has started. I already told you this thread isn't some sort of symbolic fight over the issue. I didn't "win" anything and you didn't "lose" anything. Quit being so dramatic.

You should lay off whatever Conservative propaganda nonsense you've been watching or listening to. Their whole mantra lately is that the Conservative Right is being "attacked" and they're playing the victim card. It's pathetic and completely untrue.
edit on 7/2/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Really, I'm not sure that anyone here cares about the anti-gay/anti-equality opinions that much, bigoted or not.

You all keep throwing yourself up as being victimized somehow. Yet, you can never explain how, merely, that it might happen.

No one is ranting. No one is hating. You're, for the most part, just regurgitating the standard right-wing cant.

Nothing new to see here that all of us haven't seen hundreds of times. Your positions and opinions, while in the minority, are garden-variety.

I think that's probably what's really under your skin ... it's not enough that you can have whatever religious beliefs you have, any personal opinions you have, that you can shield yourself from a ridiculous range of legal requirements merely based on your religion ... its not enough that you can believe what you want, say what you want, judge who you what ... you don't feel like you're in the moral majority anymore ...

... and from an observation of your posts, that seems to be eating you alive.

The influence of your beliefs extends to you and your life ... and no further.

This whole right-wing/religious obsession with same-sex issues is systematic of the realization that you are no longer the most dominant force in our society, no matter how much you rail about individual freedom and government non-intervention. You're fine with government intervention ... so long as it matches up with YOUR criteria.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Human Hetero Sexuality is all that matters for this world. Its the only thing that breeds new life for the longevity for the Survival as a species and anything else goes against the natural order of the Dominant Surviving Gene pool.

In nature all others are destroyed to ensure no diseased or weak manifestation endures

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Sorry, but you used the word "hateful" to describe the right in regards to the gay issue. It wasn't me. I stand by my comment and didn't 'put words in your mouth'.

If you are unaware of the fines/threat of imprisonment for failing to bake gay wedding cakes, the 'google' it and get informed....

Tolerant of whom? Really? You waste my time. Just like there isn't two sides to the issue...garbage. Spin, dissembling on your part.

Nothing has started? LMAO....

Continue to believe 'nothing has started'. No backlash whatsoever against SCOTUS and it's ruling, the Feds in general or in the upcoming Presidentials...

Again, I'm done wasting my time with you. Maybe we'll 'chat' in a year or so and see where it all stands then.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM
Human Hetero Sexuality is all that matters for this world. Its the only thing that breeds new life for the longevity for the Survival as a species and anything else goes against the natural order of the Dominant Surviving Gene pool.

In nature all others are destroyed to ensure no diseased or weak manifestation endures

Do you feel that homosexuality is so fascinating or alluring that heterosexuals will switch en masse thus endangering the gene pool?

As you folks are always so gleeful about pointing out ... we are at most 3% of the population ... I think humanity will survive.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I believe anything that goes against the natural order of things has a dangerous impact potential

For every Crocodile in the Nile there's one less weak link

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM
a reply to: Gryphon66

I believe anything that goes against the natural order of things has a dangerous impact potential

For every Crocodile in the Nile there's one less weak link

What natural order are you talking about exactly??? Because as far as Nature Goes the most Unnatural part of Homosexual Marriages are the Marriage not the Homosexuals. Homosexuality is found throughout nature in various ways. What you don't find however, other than with Humans, is Marriage. We made that up, nature didn't.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: SPECULUM

I think your lack of compassion and disregard of people just because of their sexuality goes against the natural order of things

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

But the Bakery was in a State that had a law against Discrimination, the Bake shop discriminated when they refused to bake a cake, they broke the law and thus got the consequences. in a state that allowed discrimination i'm sure it would have gone the other way.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join