It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REALITY of Marriage Equality

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Uh huh.

Still, there's not really any comparison between marriage equality, whether for gays, interracial folks, etc., and the usual saws of pedophilia, zoophilia, and necrophilia.

Of course times have changed! Hopefully we're progressing toward a more inclusive society for all.

That doesn't include practices like pedophilia, zoophilia, and necrophilia for obvious reasons.
edit on 12Sun, 05 Jul 2015 12:42:04 -050015p122015766 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog

originally posted by: Answer

The anti-gay religious people think there's a choice in the matter but everyone else knows they're wrong.

Why is it that so many people can control their sexual urges but homosexuals cannot?

Hmmmm.

Why should we?

Our sexual urges are human sexual urges. Just because your religion sets normal human urges into categories doesn't mean that the rest of us have to accept them.

Why don't you concentrate on the board in your own eye before you go after the splinter in ours?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Seamrog appears to be the humble type who is constantly working on his/her own splinters, in a constant discernment. This is how we grow as humans.

What's often then left out, is after this discernment takes place, we are commanded to point out to our brothers and sisters, behavior that can lead to their "death". We don't hate anyone, we are following our conscience.

He/She loves you, and wants what is best for you, a life filled with authentic joy.(not necessarily a faux happiness). There's proven paths to that end, and ones that won't get ya there. We hate watching our fellow brothers and sisters chase their tails, fueled by the lies they have been fed.

Lies, it's all a lie. You have been swindled.

a reply to: Gryphon66

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

Why? why should we feel shamed into having a sexual relationship? why would you want to force your beliefs on someone and shove it down our throats consistently?

Priest don't even control their sexual urges so....?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

If people truly loved us as you claim they wouldn't call us Abominations, they wouldn't call us "Defects" and "Mental Illness" they wouldn't protest us with "God Hates ****" and other hateful signs, they wouldn't shame us and attack us in the name of "God"

So if that is their version of love, i don't want it..
edit on 5-7-2015 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ignatian
Seamrog appears to be the humble type who is constantly working on his/her own splinters, in a constant discernment. This is how we grow as humans.

What's often then left out, is after this discernment takes place, we are commanded to point out to our brothers and sisters, behavior that can lead to their "death". We don't hate anyone, we are following our conscience.

He/She loves you, and wants what is best for you, a life filled with authentic joy.(not necessarily a faux happiness). There's proven paths to that end, and ones that won't get ya there. We hate watching our fellow brothers and sisters chase their tails, fueled by the lies they have been fed.

Lies, it's all a lie. You have been swindled.

Yeah, that's the word that most commonly comes to my mind when I read Seamrog's posts ... humble.

Perhaps you'll be kind enough to point out the part of the parable I missed from Jesus, eh? The one where he tells you that you can complete your own "discernment" and then start judging others. In fact, he directly counsels AGAINST judging others ... that's kinda one of his big points.

As to the remainder of your platitudes ... just this once I will believe that you are acting in good faith and are merely the victim of delusional thinking. Thanks for your kind words, in that case.

For a little additional information for future reference ... I have no interest in what passes for "love" among religious radicals, I find your whole system of belief ludicrous, monstrous and repellent, and personally, I find your arrogant sickly-sweet tone obnoxious to a high degree.

I thought I'd share my personal beliefs with you, since you were so kind as to share with me!

Now, let's stick to the facts, not to mention, the topic of the discussion, eh?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Why should we?

*giggles*

"Wha---? Because HELL, dummy! You'll go to hell! Duuhh -!! Are you stupid?"

"No, really it's because you're icky and you're going to try to turn children into homos, too."

*shake my head* *facepalm* *eye-roll* *deep sigh*
I REALLY, REALLY miss our old "shake my head* and eyeroll emojis!!!!!!

deep sigh again. .....

edit on 7/5/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: perfecting my parody

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Why should we?

*giggles*

"Because HELL, dummy! You'll go to hell! Duuhh -!! Are you stupid?"

"No, really it's because you're icky and you're going to try to turn children into homos, too."

*shake my head* *facepalm* *eye-roll* *deep sigh*
I REALLY, REALLY miss our old "shake my head* and eyeroll emojis!!!!!!

deep sigh again. .....

Perhaps my many years of unnatural sin have eaten away my brain. Yes, I'm sure that's it.

NOT ...

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

One of the perks is having the GLBTQ+ touch.. think the Midas touch... but Queer

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Brother, you're not an abomination. I'm sorry if you ever had to put up with that crap. You are a human being, the most beautiful of all creation. You have a dignity. You're one of a kind.

Yes, your same sex attraction is a disorder, by any definition, but I wish you could some day realize, it's not what defines you as a person. I have several disorders of my own, but they are not what define me. It would be wise for you in the future to think on a much deeper level. When you come to the realization that your "feelings", ultimately don't matter, you'll know what I'm talking about. Feelings are meaningless in the face of Truth. Feelings are fleeting...vapor.

You know the love I speak of, you can feel it in your heart. A love of a fellow human being. Racism and bigotry is a "group think" thing. One on one?, there's no such thing.

I wonder if you've ever met a real Christian?

a reply to: Darth_Prime

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I would never, for a moment think of judging one's soul, what's in their heart. I don't know them. God does, that's His job.

One's actions and behaviors? Fair game. And this particular behavior is an abomination. I speak for the 98% of the population who do not share your sexual attractions.

You have, like most folks, a complete misunderstanding of Jesus' teaching about not judging others.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Yeah, Darth, a real Christian (as opposed to all the fake Christians) always has so much syrup in their mouth while they're telling you that you're a defective human being, that you feel like you've been puked on by a maple tree.

You sexual preference and gender identity have to conform to what modern jerks interpreting Neolithic mythology demand they be ... didn't you know, "brother"?

Why "sugar," your silly little feelings don't matter, don't you know?

I'm sure you're never experienced bigotry one on one, now have you? No, that's just all in your defective disordered mind, "hun."

You know the love that Ignatian is going on about, don't you ... you know the kind that depends completely on whether or not you live up to their standards.

What creepy cult-leader sort of garbage!

edit on 17Sun, 05 Jul 2015 17:30:25 -050015p052015766 by Gryphon66 because: *retch*

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I would never, for a moment think of judging one's soul, what's in their heart. I don't know them. God does, that's His job.

One's actions and behaviors? Fair game. And this particular behavior is an abomination. I speak for the 98% of the population who do not share your sexual attractions.

You have, like most folks, a complete misunderstanding of Jesus' teaching about not judging others.

So, perhaps you can point where Jesus said that judging the actions and behaviors of others is fair game?

Wait a minute, no you can't, because he never said anything like that. Yet, you and only you (or those in your little cult) can read what is written and understand it, right? Isn't funny how it always comes out just the way you want it to, and no one else can comprehend it?

Funny that. And not ha-ha funny.

An abomination eh? Well, you're free to believe that. Just as I'm free to believe that your backwards, soul-destroying, violence bringing, ignorant religion spawned by archaic goat-humpers is an abomination too.

You don't speak for anyone but yourself. I will credit you though; you're as pompous and fake as anyone of your type that I've ever encountered.
edit on 17Sun, 05 Jul 2015 17:32:55 -050015p052015766 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I wonder if a "Real Christian" Exist, or your interpretation of a Real Christian, one that says "Love" yet tells me i'm a disorder and that "God" can help me find my way, or that my "Feelings" don't matter because i can pretend the "Gay" doesn't exist ..

what is this truth you speak of?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Kind of like "Love The Person Hate The Sinner". i've encountered that before.. "We love you and when you realize what the truth is you can let go of your disorder and find truth within his divine love"

because no one can love me if i'm a Gay Genderfluid Person, right Christians?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Racism and bigotry is a "group think" thing. One on one?, there's no such thing.

I wonder if you've ever met a real Christian?

Is this a joke or were you being serious?

It doesn't take a group for a person to be a bigot. A bigot is a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc.

A person can be discriminated against even "one on one". A person can say a racist thing even when "one on one".

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

Kind of like "Love The Person Hate The Sinner". i've encountered that before.. "We love you and when you realize what the truth is you can let go of your disorder and find truth within his divine love"

because no one can love me if i'm a Gay Genderfluid Person, right Christians?

Oh, they'll "love" you ... with a price. And the "love" turns out to be only a warmed-over bid for control, and you call them on it, or assert your individuality, well, you'll find out that the supposed compassion and understanding is a thin mask for hate and despite.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Careful arpgme ... you'll be classified as an abomination too.

Worse that that, they might "prey" for you.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

OH NO TO THE NINE HELLS YOU DO NOT!
You don't speak for me or my family & friends, my neighbors both local & net-wide.
No you only speak for that small percentage of people who think bigotry & "kill them with kindness hate" is still a socially acceptable behavior.

Sniff the air that reactionary BS wont stand any more.

K~

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

But not One-on-One because Bigotry and hate doesn't exist in those situations, only a Group Think

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join