It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Young Man Explain Bernie v. Hillary: This Kid is Amazing; WATCH

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   

I don't know how old this kid is, and I am sure some or even most here would not agree with his politics, but i'd be damned if he didn't articulate his
points well, and yes I agree with his politics and his views on Hillary, and i'll say this, I don't think he has been coached.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Free healthcare? Free college? More entitlements? Sounds like the hope and change bs from the last 7 yrs.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
Free healthcare? Free college? More entitlements? Sounds like the hope and change bs from the last 7 yrs.

Except it works for most of the industrialized world why not here.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I guess you missed the Greece default this week. 26% unemployment sounds splendid.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I LOVE to see intelligent young people getting involved in politics!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I guess you missed the Greece default this week. 26% unemployment sounds splendid.

1% of the Population having 50% of the Wealth sound like a good idea to you?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

One nation out of all the others where it does work? The facts are preventive medicine is cheaper in the long run and investing in the youth of a nation is the best way to make a nation strong.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Yes, more free stuff! Less work and more money.

The next few years are going to be very interesting. Glad I'm damn near debt free and will be by election time. This Country is headed for disaster.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

The next few years are going to be very interesting. Glad I'm damn near debt free and will be by election time. This Country is headed for disaster.

It was free stuff like the G.I bill that built the great American middle class following the close of WWII.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I couldn't agree more. Young people got excited about Obama simply over his color which is a sad indictment of America in more than one way. This kid has some real depth and articulates his arguments very well. I like some of the things Bernie stands for but I still have reservations about socializing healthcare further (why not just expand Medicare? why revamp an entire industry?) as well as free college for all (what happens to current student loans?). Then again ANYBODY would be preferable to yet another Clinton or Bush.

This kid is a shining example of what hopefully all our young people can be.
Keep up the good work kid!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Young people got excited about Obama simply over his color which is a sad indictment of America in more than one way.

To be fair, I'm sure some did get excited about Obama's race, but many got excited about his message. But I agree with your post. If the youth have any hope of turning this place around and making the country great again, they had BETTER get involved and educated about politics.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I couldn't agree more. Young people got excited about Obama simply over his color which is a sad indictment of America in more than one way. This kid has some real depth and articulates his arguments very well. I like some of the things Bernie stands for but I still have reservations about socializing healthcare further (why not just expand Medicare? why revamp an entire industry?) as well as free college for all (what happens to current student loans?). Then again ANYBODY would be preferable to yet another Clinton or Bush.

This kid is a shining example of what hopefully all our young people can be.
Keep up the good work kid!

Personally I think single payer would have been better but the Dems were too cowardly to try, about political families American politics ls seriously beginning to look like Game Of Thrones.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

One nation out of all the others where it does work? The facts are preventive medicine is cheaper in the long run and investing in the youth of a nation is the best way to make a nation strong.

Preventive medicine? How else will the big pharmas make money if they don't keep the populace sick. They're only interested in treating, not curing. There's no money in preventive medicine.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I see a future presidential candidate here. This kid communicates extremely well for his age. There's a lot of adults that can't speak this well!

I think this young guy definitely has a point. Some here will feel that Bernie Sanders stands for entitlements, but I think Bernie does represent what the majority of Americans feel a government should provide for it's people. We're talking basic human rights to healthcare, education that not only helps the individual but the country as a whole and taxing it citizens fairly and being treated on a level playing field. The increase in the minimum wage has been done by other industrialized nations and it makes a mockery of the United States when we declare ourselves a leader of the free world, yet allow our citizens to be given an unlivable wage. We're not a 3rd world country. Increasing the minimum wage will also reduce the amount of people who are on the food stamps roll and welfare. It will also increase the amount of money being put back into our economy.

It's about time we have a candidate who is focusing on the majority of Americans instead of the privilege few. He's not a millionaire candidate like many of the others, so I'm sure he can relate much closer to the average American citizen.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Shouldn't an evolving society get better generation after generation?

Unless you are one of those that feel the youth should SUFFER JUST AS MUCH AS YOU DID, which is a stupid, jealous and counter-productive point of view that will get humanity nowhere better.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Preventive medicine? How else will the big pharmas make money if they don't keep the populace sick. They're only interested in treating, not curing. There's no money in preventive medicine.

That's why we gotta change it!

We can clearly see that profits and health don't mix very well.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

Yes, but we aren't evolving for the better.

We are in a death spiral and it will only get worse with the entitlment mentality.

Like I said before, I'm glad I'll be debt free by election time. Zero debt will be a huge advantage.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Yes, but we aren't evolving for the better.

That's a matter of opinion. We still have the chance to progress and make it right. This past week showed some very hopeful signs.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
BRILLIANT! I hope this kid is involved in his local Student Government!! Would be interesting to know where he's going to school. And if he's home-schooled, well, KUDOS to his parents. Excellent job, folks!

I just LOVE seeing articulate young people (and wow - that was VERY articulate, well written, and well delivered! The only 'error' I noticed was his use of "resort" instead of "result", but I'm perfectly fine letting that slide - after all, Nukular is not a word, but W (the Buffoon) used it all the time).

I noticed the vid he clipped of Hillary was from The Young Turks - apparently he's a fan or at least a viewer of theirs.

YAY oh YAY!!!! We ARE making progress!!

SANDERS FOR THE WIN!!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

except the opposite is true for workers here in America....it's work more for less money, but that's according to evil government statistics, and not angelic corporate talk.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join