It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should muslims be able to ban you from eating pork/drinking alcohol ?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: damwel
Yes actually I have lived in two muslim countries in my lifetime. I lived in the communities and saw things first hand. I am glad you have friends that tell you thinks, very relevant….
Your reference of media figures to describe me is an insult and therefore deserving of a similar response, I guess you may be likened to Brian WIlliams for your firsthand experience on the situation. Oh I lived in Pakistan, travelled in Afghanistan often and also lived in Turkey so I have seen a few varied examples of the lifestyle.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

They passed this for equality.

Churches still refuse to marry whom they wish.

NOTHING has changed in that regard.

Except that they can be punished financially.........by the gov......thats freedom....right?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: THEatsking

again except that the feds can punish them financially.......

I keep having to repeat this.........apparently people dont know as much about what all this entailed as they think they do...

OR they dont see anything wrong with it

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
GIVE BACON A CHANCE!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Where is any church in America being punished financially for not marrying gays? Where in any law does it say this?

Where in America are Muslims killing gays?

Im not talking about America, im talking about how people cry about how bigotted Christianity is, all the while Islam in other countries will KILL you for being gay....

Add to that even here in the US YOU CANNOT GET MARRIED IF YOURE GAY in an Mosque......where is the outcry over that?

You know exactly what im talking about you just dont want to address it

I find it hypocritical.......

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

Are we discussing business decisions or murder?

I always get them confused.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: tnhiker

Well it's a good thing that no new laws were passed in accordance to gay marriage. The Supreme Court overturned laws and made it so there are LESS government rules on the books.

However, you've wished for them to be added to being yet another protected class, yes?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

They passed this for equality.

Churches still refuse to marry whom they wish.

NOTHING has changed in that regard.

Except that they can be punished financially.........by the gov......thats freedom....right?

How and when? That's fear mongering. ...right?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I keep having to repeat this.........apparently people dont know as much about what all this entailed as they think they do...

Show us the proof.....

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Are we discussing business decisions or murder?

I always get them confused.

So as long as it's not too extreme then?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

You mean being added to same list that you as a white (race) Christian (religion) male (sex) belong to?

How evil of us.......

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Show us the proof.....

Its coming

But back in April, when the Supreme Court heard oral arguments in the case, Solicitor General Donald Verrilli revealed that the implications of the court’s ruling in Obergefell v. Hodges extend far beyond the narrow issue of marriage licenses.

In a brief back and forth about IRS regulations, Justice Samuel Alito asked Solicitor General Verrilli whether religious institutions — including schools — that maintain the traditional definition of marriage would lose their tax-exempt status should the court strike down state laws defining marriage as the union of a man and a woman.

The solicitor general responded: “It’s certainly going to be an issue. I don’t deny that. I don’t deny that, Justice Alito. It is, it is going to be an issue.”

This was a chilling moment, but not totally unexpected. For years we’ve seen warnings that, for some activists, the objective is not just legal recognition of same-sex unions, but government coercion of individuals and institutions to affirm — and even participate in — such unions, regardless of good-faith religious objections

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
If you want to be fair and accurate on things, the faith in question should not be the subject. All faiths should be treated equally however, more importantly, all people should be treated the same. If it is okay for one church/demographic, it is good for all. A joke that made the rounds a few years ago made a valid point regarding tolerance of others and how this simple talk is rarely achieved in western society:

"I am truly perplexed that so many of my friends are against another
mosque being built in Toronto . I think it should be the goal of every
Canadian to be tolerant regardless of their religious beliefs. Thus the
mosque should be allowed, in an effort to promote tolerance.

That is why I also propose that two nightclubs be opened next door to the
mosque thereby promoting tolerance from within the mosque. We could call
one of the clubs, which would be gay, "The Turban Cowboy," and the other a
topless bar called "You Mecca Me Hot."

Next door should be a butcher shop that specializes in pork, and adjacent
to that an open-pit barbecue pork restaurant, called " Iraq of Ribs."

Across the street there could be a lingerie store called " Victoria Keeps
Nothing Secret," with sexy mannequins in the window modelling the
goods.

Next door to the lingerie shop there would be room for an adult sex toy
shop , "Koranal Knowledge," its name in flashing neon lights, and on the
other side a liquor store called " Morehammered ."

All of this would encourage Muslims to demonstrate the tolerance they
demand of us, so their mosque issue would not be a problem for others."

Yes, we should promote tolerance, and you can do your part by passing this
on .

And if you are not laughing or smiling at this point... It is either past
your bedtime, or it's midnight at the oasis and time to put your camel to
bed!!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

So you admit that it is fear mongering.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

a reply to: NavyDoc

You mean being added to same list that you as a white (race) Christian (religion) male (sex) belong to?

How evil of us.......

I'm an atheist mixed race male, so you lose 2/3. Nice assumptions though, which just shows and demonstrates the underlying bigotry and prejudice of the left.

And no, "evil white males" are not a protected class and can be discriminated against quite freely. There are set asides and scholarships and a myriad of federal and state programs that specifically exclude white males.
edit on 2-7-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I think the majority of posters on this thread aught to go back and re-read the thread.
QUESTION- SHOULD MUSLIMS BE ABLE TO BAN YOU FROM EATING PORK/DRINKING ALCOHOL.
NOWHERE IN THE POST IS CHRISTIANITY MENTIONED.
In my opinion anybody should be allowed to marry anybody. Marriage is not a solely Christian entity. There can be civil marriages and a mirriad of other ways you can be married.
ANSWER THE THREADERS QUESTION NOT PREVARICATE>

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: tnhiker

Well it's a good thing that no new laws were passed in accordance to gay marriage. The Supreme Court overturned laws and made it so there are LESS government rules on the books.

However, you've wished for them to be added to being yet another protected class, yes?

Regardless of what I want, the current reality is that there are less laws on the books. The government currently doesn't agree with me on this issue.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Cabin

If they own the business, then yes. Their rules should apply.

Why would you want to force a business owner who finds pork and alcohol to be unclean to serve you those things?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

No, you are fear mongering. No one with any authority has ever said that churches - ANY churches/mosques/synagogues in America will be forced to marry gays.

Our government has no authority over churches in other parts of the world, so I don't know why you keep bringing up other countries.

Can we just stick to America, because that is where the ruling on same-sex marriages occurred, and that is the country that the OP is focusing on.

WHERE IS THE OUTCRY THAT YOU CANNOT GET MARRIED IN A CHRISTIAN CHURCH IF YOU'RE GAY? The only outcry I've seen has been from Christians screaming that it's the end of the world because gays can now get a marriage license.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Schools are not the same as churches.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join