It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should muslims be able to ban you from eating pork/drinking alcohol ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Marriage is more of a business agreement then it is anything religious. You make promises to each other, you split stuff if you split.

Personally I would be happy if the government quit passing any more laws regulating what I can think, do, or say. Its getting rather tiresome for somebody who's mouth tends to run microseconds ahead of my brain.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: tnhiker

Well it's a good thing that no new laws were passed in accordance to gay marriage. The Supreme Court overturned laws and made it so there are LESS government rules on the books.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: Cabin

I agree, but there is a growing element that would (to use your premise) punish mosques financially until they started serving bacon and booze at their mosques.

I wonder if they will be punished financially when they are forced to marry gay people....

All you hear about is how this is not hate against Christianity, yet Churches seem to be the target....

NO ONE is mentioning anything about Islam and Mosques , even tho its against their religion too.....

Will the same rules apply? will there be upheaval and discontent when they refuse?

If this isnt a crusade against Christians , Why isnt Islam in the same heat? After all its Islam over seas that actually kills homosexuals........(ya ya this is the US blah blah blah, platitudes, fact is fact)

anyway Id be curious how big the double standard is

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc
so if you go to the favorite resturaunt and the hired cook is muslim and you want a pork chop, should she have to cook it for you?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

So how many churches have you seen being targeted by gay people demanding to be married? Y'all LOVE to bring up this argument, but the reality is that this isn't materializing. No one is forcing churches to marry gay couples.
edit on 2-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

That's up to the restaurant to decide between their group of Chefs...

Though that would likely arise in the guys job interview.

Anyone can cook a pork chop, it's hardly a difficult dish to serve up...

And between the Head Chef & the Sous Chef, I'm sure an arrangement for such an occasion would be made.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

That response was in response to the "but the state shouldn't force a Muslim to serve me....."

YES.....they damn well should if it is in their job description.

Back when I smoked I was told by a Muslim at CVS that she wouldn't sell me cigarettes due to her religion. Care to guess how long she lasted?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

The State should not be allowed to "force" anyone to do anything...

Unless you enjoy & support fascism.

Care to guess how long she lasted?

Not particularly, no.
edit on 2-7-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Honestly, how many American Muslims have you heard shouting about how horrible this is for America that we have legalized gay marriage? How many of them are shouting that it's the downfall of our society? Because I have read and heard LOTS of that from Christians - my own family included. Strangely enough, I have not read or heard very much public disgust from the American Muslims on the matter. Have you?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I've sat in a pub with three Muslim guys drinking guinness, who also had to go outside to "smoke".

Good men.

Didn't bother them, didn't bother anyone else. Didn't bother me.

Why should it matter if gay people get married?

It doesn't, the ruling gives them the same rights as other married couples.
Which they should have had all along.

Anyways, I thought Barack and Michael were in a relationship?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

The State should not be allowed to "force" anyone to do anything...

Unless you enjoy & support fascism.

Care to guess how long she lasted?

Not particularly, no.

So you are ok with being subject to whomever's religious belief of the day is where you go? That's called theocracy.

What if their religion states CharlieSpeirs should be beheaded.

I guess the state shouldn't force them.......
edit on 2-7-2015 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So how many churches have you seen being targeted by gay people demanding to be married? Y'all LOVE to bring up this argument, but the reality is that this isn't materializing. No one is forcing churches to marry gay couples.

Then if that isnt the concern why did they need to pass this?

You cant have it both ways

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Honestly, how many American Muslims have you heard shouting about how horrible this is for America that we have legalized gay marriage? How many of them are shouting that it's the downfall of our society? Because I have read and heard LOTS of that from Christians - my own family included. Strangely enough, I have not read or heard very much public disgust from the American Muslims on the matter. Have you?

I see them more killing gays then complaining about it..........

And just because you dont hear it doesnt mean its not there........its against Islam to marry gays.......will this apply to mosques too? will they be punised financially....

I see a lot of people attacking me and not answering the question......enough diversion and side steppign answer the question

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

They passed this for equality.

Churches still refuse to marry whom they wish.

NOTHING has changed in that regard.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

As soon as a church gets financially ruined then we can discuss your scenario. Until then it's just FEARMONGERING.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Where is any church in America being punished financially for not marrying gays? Where in any law does it say this?

Where in America are Muslims killing gays?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Then if that isnt the concern why did they need to pass this?

You cant have it both ways

The ruling to stop bans on gay marriage only applies to the licenses handed out by the state. Nothing more.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: NavyDoc
so if you go to the favorite resturaunt and the hired cook is muslim and you want a pork chop, should she have to cook it for you?

Yes, duh!
That's her job! She didn't have to take it if she didn't want it.

I don't get some of these questions.
What planet is this?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: beezzer

I agree, but there is a growing element that would (to use your premise) punish mosques financially until they started serving bacon and booze at their mosques.

I wonder if they will be punished financially when they are forced to marry gay people....

All you hear about is how this is not hate against Christianity, yet Churches seem to be the target....

NO ONE is mentioning anything about Islam and Mosques , even tho its against their religion too.....

Will the same rules apply? will there be upheaval and discontent when they refuse?

If this isnt a crusade against Christians , Why isnt Islam in the same heat? After all its Islam over seas that actually kills homosexuals........(ya ya this is the US blah blah blah, platitudes, fact is fact)

anyway Id be curious how big the double standard is

Churches aren't being touched. They can refuse whomever they want.

At the same time, no matter what, its still bigotry. No matter who nicely or PC one states it. And if they do- you know what, i don't "support" or "agree" with their douchebaggery. I'm not ok with it but it is what it is-churches will always be able to marry who they want so this won't affect anyone.

A lot of people should be turned away for a lot more things if they're going to turn down gays. The bible has countless things that people just choose to ignore. But that gay thing- no way.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: FinalCountdown
I don't get some of these questions.

Try reading the original post that that post was responding to and you just might.
edit on 2-7-2015 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join