It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should muslims be able to ban you from eating pork/drinking alcohol ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fer1527
a reply to: beezzer

Maybe it should be tried again then. And when and where did that happen exactly?

You can look at a myriad of communist governments that have banned religions, but all they did is replace them with cults of personality of their ideologies and leaders.

You and other might, one day, be able to ban churches, religious institutions, religions.

But you'll never eliminate faith.

Just my humble opinion.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You are right,Yeshua/Jesus loved the people,but not their sins.
Most christians that I know follow the Bible to the best of their
ability.If the Bible says that God is against something they go by
that.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

As a woman I am almost always right! As a believer of Yeshua/Jesus,I am
not looking forward to the tribulation.I just accept that it will happen
and probably very soon.

Great, gotta love stereotypes. Accept it all you want, it still isn't going to happen. Ever.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Hey. I don't care, I just care when you use those opinions to try to take from others. If you want to have antiquated opinions about things based on mythology, that's fine. Knock yourself out. It really matters little to me. Freedom is awesome. Everyone deserves it, regardless of whatever myth you believe. And no, denying another group of people freedoms ISN'T an act of freedom.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

The Bible is like a giant puzzle with pieces spread all over.You
have to look for these pieces and study them.When you get
the right piece in place you get more understanding of the
big picture.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

We aren't a communist country, so your point isn't really comparable.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

If it matters so little to you why respond to any of my posts?
I must be pushing some buttons somewhere.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

It's a discussion forum. I'm here to discuss things. In my daily life, I'd just ignore you completely. If you were to bring these thoughts up to me in my daily life, I'd just roll my eyes at you, laugh, and walk away.
edit on 2-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   

The problem isn't faith. I just think the root of the problem are religious institutions. Name me one major religion that doesn't claim they're right, everyone else is a sinner and god gave them the right to own the world. I don't see how that kind of thinking is any different than the nazi mindset. One could argue it's even more radical.

link   

At least not yet! I am a baby boomer and I can't believe the drastic
changes in our country in my life time and not for the best.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Funny thing...I would probably do the same to you. I have been
finding this very amusing and will be back later,bye!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

At least not yet! I am a baby boomer and I can't believe the drastic
changes in our country in my life time and not for the best.

For a baby boomer, I find it surprising that you are against expansion of liberty. I guess you weren't one of the Baby Boomers who helped issue in the Civil Rights era then.
edit on 2-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I've listen to some of the religious stuff also. What has me puzzled is that there's been quite a bit of clammer about the blood moons, the Shemitah, and the Harbinger, and yet some Christians seem to be insistent that gay marriage will cause God to rain down his wrath. It's like they are looking for scapegoats, because there are other biblical laws that they just don't want to follow.

the Shemitah.
www.youtube.com...

and The Harbinger:
I had a video for this one imbedded here but then discovered it has a nice long request for donations so I took it down. It's worth doing a little research for though..
edit on 2-7-2015 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: kaylaluv

Maybe you haven't seen the posts in favor of taking away tax exempt status of churches.

Taking away tax-exempt status would NOT eliminate the first amendment! They're two separate things. A church would still be a church and operate under the religious freedom laws of this country. They would just pay taxes.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fer1527

The problem isn't faith. I just think the root of the problem are religious institutions. Name me one major religion that doesn't claim they're right, everyone else is a sinner and god gave them the right to own the world. I don't see how that kind of thinking is any different than the nazi mindset. One could argue it's even more radical.

Religion is just the shell that faith propels through history.

I have my own issues with religion and those that worship that instead of the deity(s) of their choice.

Religion is just an easy way of those with similar faiths to get together and celebrate their mutual beliefs. Yeah, it's getting out of hand in a few places. But to deny, to punish those of faith is just as draconian and fascist.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

a reply to: kaylaluv

Maybe you haven't seen the posts in favor of taking away tax exempt status of churches.

Taking away tax-exempt status would NOT eliminate the first amendment! They're two separate things. A church would still be a church and operate under the religious freedom laws of this country. They would just pay taxes.

I just find the timing ironic and that it would be a punitive action based on the beliefs of the institutions.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
How many times have we heard this?

My father, born in 1906 and died in 1991 said his WHOLE life that Jesus would come back in his lifetime because of the signs that we could see all around...

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

You are right,Yeshua/Jesus loved the people,but not their sins.
Most christians that I know follow the Bible to the best of their
ability.If the Bible says that God is against something they go by
that.
So I guess wearing Polyester is right out, then.

Or having shrimp every now and then.

Oops, bacon is out too.

Well shoot, escargot is out too.

Torn jeans? Nope. Can't have it.

Tattoos are verboten.

Having a mixed garden is not allowed either.

Work on sunday? Well you're just as bad as the gays.

How many of those do you follow?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I just find the timing ironic and that it would be a punitive action based on the beliefs of the institutions.

Beez, it's time you educate yourself on tax-exemption of churches. No matter HOW many people complain about tax-exemption of churches, it can't be taken away. Churches have NEVER had to pay taxes, BECAUSE of the first amendment. Johnson "gave" the church "tax exemption" to keep them out of government (hush money), but they had it all along.

Facts about Churches and Tax Exemption

Churches were only added to section 501c3 of the tax code in 1954. We can thank Sen. Lyndon B. Johnson for that. Johnson was no ally of the church. As part of his political agenda, Johnson had it in mind to silence the church and eliminate the significant influence the church had always had on shaping "public policy."
Did the church ever need to seek permission from the government to be exempt from taxes? Were churches prior to 1954 taxable? No, churches have never been taxable.
Religion cannot be free if you have to pay the government, through taxation, to exercise it. Since churches aren't taxable in the first place, why do so many of them go to the IRS and seek permission to be tax-exempt? It occurs out of:

Ignorance ("We didn't know any better")
Bandwagon logic ("Everyone else is doing it")
Professional advice (many attorneys and CPAs recommend it)

Please read this short article, so you can stop with the bandwagon mentality.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Technically you can't work on Saturday. Sunday is supposed to be the first day of the week, not the last.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join