It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should muslims be able to ban you from eating pork/drinking alcohol ?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Never mind, though. I forgot you were the center of your universe.

I'm sorry I pissed you off, it wasn't my objective.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

What does your objective opinion have to do with laws?
ONLY emotions.
Don't really care much about that tell me the legal point.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I really don't know what you're talking about, or asking for.
Christianity was FORCED on people for centuries. If you are unaware of that, then please do some non-fiction reading.
I'm sure you're bright enough to figure out how to find the info.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

No worries. I have a scar from adolescence - people I would meet and talk to would fail to recognize me later when we'd run into each other again. Like being invisible. I apologize for reacting the way I did.

I know not everyone on ATS pays as much attention as I do to the 'character development' that occurs just by reading the posts of members on an ongoing basis. One can learn a lot about those people.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod
Glad you asked here is how this came to be:

In their attempt to stop same sex marriage, the state of Indiana, passed a very harsh and exploitable law, the Religious Freedom Restoration Act. To say it was not anti LGBT oriented, would be lying. They used all of the rhetoric to get it through the legislature and then once it passed and during the fall out of such, there was a man who decided to go to the state and put for that he wanted and got tax exempt status, to have a Church of Cannabis. Once it was approved, now he can use such in a set place and claim it is a part of a legitimate church. Now to my knowledge and a quick search, it is still illegal there, and there is no medical exclusion there. With one law, that was passed, it is now, in this one instance been made legal to the attendees at this one non profit organization.

Now if one person can exploit the law like that, then it would stand to reason that say a city or town with a large Islamic population could also exploit this exact same law and turn around and force the ban on the sale of bacon and all pork products, or any forbidden food and drink, and make the claim that would be upheld in a court, as being a burden to their religious freedoms, and probably win.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

In the US it was NOT that way. I don't care about the middle AGES I'm NOT catholic,we LEFT those people so WHO cares?
I still have a right to reject PATRONAGE if I wish.
The public will vote with their wallets not the supreme court.
If I have a faith that does not accept that custom I refuse to be held HOSTAGE by a law that doesn't follow the Constitution.
GO hire someone else.
I don't CARE if they're offended.
AND that IS the ONE and only point about persuing it.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

okay.

That doesn't erase my "objective opinion" that little children have Christianity "forced" on them by over-zealous parents. Happens every day, right here in the USA. Now. These days.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I see a thread showing parents genderswapping a 4 year old as well .
IT isn't a widespread issue.
A few are nuts.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join