It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should muslims be able to ban you from eating pork/drinking alcohol ?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

When YOU run the Reichstag maybe ,but for now if parents DON'T want common core or other similar garbage, then YES we will keep them.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I'm not very religious but I think about 78% of the US population are Christians, so maybe you live in the wrong country for your desires.... I feel it is like someone bitching they can't have 5 wives in America....

I am a middle-aged hetero female, bud.
My kids are out on their own, in their mid-20s now.

I live in the good old US of A. I have an education, and I see what happens to little kids who are indoctrinated into this crap........

I don't want "5 wives" (gross) -

It's obvious you don't track conversations that take place between two members over multiple threads and posts.
That's fine.
Tells me a lot about you. Over and out.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: NavyDoc
Deposed "democratic elected leaders?" Who? Hitler? Mussolini? Those democratically elected leaders?

I suspect he was referring to (among others) the president of Guatemala in the late 50s, Iran's prime minister in the early 50s, Ho Chi Min in Vietnam, Aliende in Chile, Aristide in Haiti, Jango in Brazil, Nkrumah in Ghana, Isabel Peron in Argentina, the Contra revolution in Nicaragua, Lugo in Paraguay, Yanukovich in the Ukraine, Shinawatra in Thailand, and that's just the democratically elected ones... if I start getting into the way Saddam Hussein was put into power, the attempts to oust Castro and Chavez, or the US involvement in Ghadafi's assassination, we'll be here awhile.

And? So? What does that have to do with anything? A lot of "democratically elected leaders" needed to be deposed--Hitler and Mussolini for examples. That someone was "democratically elected" and the actual process of the alleged democratic election being debatable, it really has nothing to do with why the may or was may not have been deposed.

Just looking at your list: Ho Chi Minh was a Marxist who brutalized those who did not agree with him and the south, didn't want or vote for him.
Aristide was a brutal strong man and if you think he was "democratically elected" you might have to read up on what that term means.

Nkrumah the Marxist tribalist genocidal maniac?

So your list of "democratically elected leaders" primarily are Marxists who murdered their way tot the top. Let be guess, you wear a Che T-shirt too.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
So your list of "democratically elected leaders" primarily are Marxists who murdered their way tot the top. Let be guess, you wear a Che T-shirt too.

It makes my day (and I mean that) when assumptions about me are made that are that brutally off base.
"A Che T-shirt" is right up there with "liberal Mod" accusations for making me giggle like a schoolgirl.

Think of it this way for just a moment if you can: Imagine the reaction if any other nation decided to use one of their alphabet agencies to coordinate the overthrow of a sitting US President. Would that sting your ass just a bit or would you regurgitate that "And? So?" you eloquently just replied with?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Better OUR style of indictrination than the Prog style where EVERTBODY gets a TROPHY and can't deal with LIFE and FOLDS.
Since WHEN has Christianity been FORCED on people like THEIR choices have been FORCED us?
If YOU want to roll YOUR way Fine I don't HAVE to...until someone SUES me because "THEY" are offended and DEMAND my choices be LEGALLY compliant with theirs.
Want to learn about PREJUDICE today ?CHECK out Chicago ,YOU'LL learn how to be so against the "THUG"
Don't like the Rebel flag?
COOL I'm Offended by RAP music, LET'S clean up those lyrics or face a million dollar fine.
Things WILL swing right eventually and I PRAY we don't go all McCarthy again.
Next thing YOU know TRUMP will be elected and WE ALL will be screwed.

edit on 6-7-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

]Was it when the U.S. was enslaving blacks?

Blame the Africans for starting it and the Dutch for capitalizing on it...lol

Was it when the U.S. was exterminating natives?

I think we can blame the Spaniards for the 100 million killed from small pox and measles

Was it when the U.S. had children working in mines and factories?

Well today they are 30 year old and still living with their parents, not sure which situation is worst...

Was it when the U.S. was lynching free blacks?

I think we had a civil war over that..

Was it when the U.S. was involved in foreign wars?

ok...this a bad thing?

Was it when the U.S. attacked striking workers with the military?
Was it when the U.S. attacked protesting former military with tanks?

When was this?

Was it when the U.S. interred Japanese-Americans?

Yep crazy times

Was it when the U.S. nuked a broken enemy - twice?

Japan thought we only had one bomb, but we only had two...
They were not broken or defeated, and a land invasion would have seen 100x the deaths from what the two bombs did. Hell fire bombing of Tokyo was worst...

blah blah blah yep we never done anything good....It is funny how people seem to look though 2015 glasses at the past without any understanding of what the whole world was like back then. I'm sorry the US hasn't been held to your 2015 standards, not sure your point though...

edit on 6-7-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

It's obvious you don't track conversations that take place between two members over multiple threads and posts.
That's fine.
Tells me a lot about you. Over and out.

You missed my point...

If 78% of the population has morals based on a Christian foundation then one would think it would be logical that some of those morals would most likely be the norm, so to complain about it would be like someone complaining they can't have 5 wives here since most of America's population is against that too.

As to..

Lol what? I'm suppose to track everyone's posts across multiple threads?

edit on 6-7-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Are you actually going to make me bust out Google on your claim that NO CHRISTIAN EVER sued to deprive someone of their rights? As if that absurd claim has any bearing on an argument about Christians interfering in people's liberties personally without even the pretense of due process then arguing against the validity of the law when it calls then out for what they've done.

In short you are acting as if the lawsuit itself and not the conflict being sued over is the point (a view that comes built in to media politicization of people's private lives). Two people were doing their own thing of their own free will- one baking and one getting married. Then one of those people said he didn't want the other doing his thing, and that he was gonna lay down on the job to obstruct his fellow citizen from carrying on a normal life. So who started it really?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond

VERY clearly THE ONE who didn't go ELSEWHERE for a voluntary SERVICE. and THEN ATTACKED the buisness as an act of ACTIVISM AKA an ATTACK,thus FORCING compliace with THEIR OWN lifestryle by some who don't want it.

DUH.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
No. They should mind their own business while I mind mine. They can try though.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

The baker is the one making an attack and forcing his lifestyle. Nobody made him get gay married; he obstructed somebody else's gay marriage. Duh-on't be so obtuse. If you can understand a bronze age fairy tale written in a language you don't speak then you can understand where you end and others begin if you apply yourself.

The baker did volunteer. He put an offer on the table that you could bring him money and get a cake. Then he dropped his end of the deal and said whites only, but he mispronounced whites as straights and all of a sudden you don't know what side of civil rights you're supposed to be on

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Cabin

"Should muslims be able to ban you from eating pork/drinking alcohol ?"

They can try, to be honest they have even had some success regarding our local Subway which refuses to stock pork products due to Halal bullcrap. Marry who ever you wish and eat what ever you desire, that's my motto.

edit on 7-7-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
It's ironic and sad how this is such an anti-Christian thread. Muslims have and will kill individuals for being homosexual. Christians don't want to participate or have anything to do with gay marriage. Somehow I don't see the comparison.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Since WHEN has Christianity been FORCED on people

Seriously? You just asked this???

I'm not even going to dignify it with a response.
But we could start with when little children are told they are full of sin, worthless, bound for hell, hopelessly flawed, and pieces of crap.
edit on 7/7/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Lol what? I'm suppose to track everyone's posts across multiple threads?

No, but I was presumptuous enough to suppose that you would at least keep track of what you and I have discussed previously.

Never mind, though. I forgot you were the center of your universe.
edit on 7/7/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
So let's bring it back to the analogy.

I'll convert to Islam and I'll open a butcher's shop, and I'll sell the same basic thing to everybody no questions asked. Everyone will know that's the deal I offer- that because you work to make my life in my town possible, whether you built my house or brought in gasoline for my car or taught my kids- whatever your contribution was, you can bring me a paper that shows how much you did for me and the rest of the community, and I will repay you in kind with my chosen contribution- meat for your dinner.

Until you are ready to celebrate a big family Christmas dinner. Then I'm gonna ask you a bunch of questions, and tell you that you're a disgusting infidel, and that God is happy that your family flew in to share a late meal over the sad realization that you're not as good as the rest of us and no matter what you do for others they will not respect that and do for you in turn. I'll tell you this is a Muslim land founded on Sharia values and that I have a right to enforce those values on you unless you can find some land I don't own. Or as your people used to say before they left their war torn homeland because your evil Christian religion had poisoned it, "in the kings lands: the kings religion". And when you move... I'll be right behind you to do it again, because we've got tv channels and political parties and armed militia groups and huge rallies whipping up our young people to spread our word worldwide.

Funny how Christianity seems like it should have been set aside when we made the move from dark ages to enlightenment when you just change the word to a religion that you haven't been brainwashed to support, huh?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Not to over post but I'm very curious... Do Christian bakers check a marriage license? Or as long as a pervert looks hetero could he come get a cake with which to lure children for sex and never worry about some nosey Christian making sure it's not a pedophile cake?
It's not that I dispute your right to enforce your values still- your brilliant grasp of the law which you have articulated at length with far more than capitalized pronouns and "duh" make that impossible for me. Now I just want to know why you can't just not ask about things that hurt nobody since you don't ask about things that would actually be stopped.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: Rocker2013

I wasn't going to post anymore here but after reading this I had to
reply...
I don't know what christian churches you have been to but the ones
I have attended aren't rabid christians,don't force their beliefs onto
others, and don't abuse others.
Political correctness and anti-decency ideals are destroying this once
great country.People are accepting behavior that is an abomination
as being normal and good,while demonizing the moral fabric of society.
Since the main topic of this thread concerns muslims...my prediction
is if they get any control over our country they would probably force
their sharia onto us.

First you claim that I'm wrong to use the term rabid Christians, then you prove me right by claiming that you are superior to other "sub humans" because we don't follow your religious rules.

Do you really not see the utter hypocrisy of your own post right there staring you in the face?

Listen up...
Your claim that society is immoral, that others are an "abomination" is exactly what I'm talking about. You are no better than me, or any other LGBT person, because you read a book once (or rather had it read to you) and believed every word of it was true.
You are not entitled to any more rights than I am, you are not entitled to be treated any differently, and you are not entitled to treat others with any less respect because of the nonsense you believe in.

Got it? Good.

I had been going to comment on the fact they proved you right once I'd finished reading the whole thread. It was nice to see you pick up on it yourself though. The hipocracy is utterly blinding with themand it's dumbfounding that they can not see it. Thier beliefs are just that. They need to shop forcing them on to others and if they are going to abuse the system by letting thier faith into government via laws etc then there is now separation of church and state and they should start paying taxes. You can't have it both ways in my opinion.

Hold your beliefs but keep them out of law and government. You have to share the country with people of other or no faith and the law has to apply equally to all. That's why government and law needs to be secular.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond

Do Christian bakers check a marriage license?

Nope! And Catholic priests don't check whether someone who comes to church for mass is a 'Catholic' or a FreeMason, or a Jew, or a Wiccan or Gay........

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: luciddream
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Find me some gay Muslims who wants to marry in the mosque in the USA, then we can proceed.

there are gay Muslims, just not in Iran.

The thing is they would never push it here, I highly doubt a gay Muslim would even try.

Oh so what you are saying is we shouldn't push it here? You sounds like you think Iran has the right idea? Sounds like you want a theocracy..
edit on 7-7-2015 by Megatronus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join