It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should muslims be able to ban you from eating pork/drinking alcohol ?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond

Seems like a Gay Muslims and their Religion needs to come to an understanding... then again, its not like US is under sharia law, im pretty sure its "Christian law".. seeped into everything.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: dawnstar

Just ask about a CERTAIN florist or a certain BAKER in Oregon ,who are getting burned for denying thier customer based on faith,due to the state's antidiscriination laws and HOW they are forced to comply.

A six figure fine (how did the gay couple have six figures worth of damages) and a gag order so they cannot even talk about the case. How is that not Nazi-esque fascism?

I don't understand the gag order.

But people don't seem to understand today it is Christian bakers, ten years from today the shoe could be on the other foot.

The freedom lost by one group can be lost by all.

That's the valid point. People LOVE, LOVE, LOVE government mandates as long as those mandates go their way.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

I don't see why somebody can't understand themselves and their religion at the same time just because they are incapable of complying with every verse of the book. Apparently there is enough understanding there to fill small building.

Indeed Christian religion wields incredible influence here but that's hardly caused a social crisis for alcoholics, except for a brief hysteria almost 100 years ago which might actually shed light on how easily religion and homosexuality could patch things up with a little common sense.

There's no big mystery to people going on with life and with spirituality even when a book says they might be damned to hell for reasons they can't always control. It's been going on for centuries.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Cabin

No religious laws, period.

We ain't the Islamic States of America, or Christian States of America, or Jewish States of America, or any other religious state. We are the United States of America, and our laws must apply to everyone. Religious folk are free to add any other laws they like from their own menu, to their own plate. No harm, no foul.

They minute they try to add religious laws to everyone else, they are out of bounds and should be slapped down for it.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
should Christians be able to tell a woman what she can do inside her own body?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: dawnstar

Just ask about a CERTAIN florist or a certain BAKER in Oregon ,who are getting burned for denying thier customer based on faith,due to the state's antidiscriination laws and HOW they are forced to comply.

A six figure fine (how did the gay couple have six figures worth of damages) and a gag order so they cannot even talk about the case. How is that not Nazi-esque fascism?

I don't understand the gag order.

But people don't seem to understand today it is Christian bakers, ten years from today the shoe could be on the other foot.

The freedom lost by one group can be lost by all.

That's the valid point. People LOVE, LOVE, LOVE government mandates as long as those mandates go their way.

exactly

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Find me some gay Muslims who wants to marry in the mosque in the USA, then we can proceed.

there are gay Muslims, just not in Iran.

The thing is they would never push it here, I highly doubt a gay Muslim would even try.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

It isn't just Christians on that one, my friend. Many non-Christian folks out there support drug laws, prostitution laws, bans on raw milk, suicide prevention, etc... all very much issues of others telling a human being what they may not do with their own body.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond

Accept WE haven't filed ANY lawsuits to force your friends to compy with our faith have we?
Back to you...

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I eat bacon, drink beer, and curse like a sailor. No one has the right to prevent me from doing these things, for any reason. They do however, have the right to choose not to do these things themselves. All a person has a right to control, is themselves.

The tricky question would be does a company have the right to refuse providing you insurance based on your lifestyle, habits and actions?

Does a company also have the right to not hire you for the same reasons?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: jimmyx

It isn't just Christians on that one, my friend. Many non-Christian folks out there support drug laws, prostitution laws, bans on raw milk, suicide prevention, etc... all very much issues of others telling a human being what they may not do with their own body.

The A-holes want to regulate my GMO and Cigars.....

edit on 6-7-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Cabin

Schools should be schools there is no need for religous themed schools in the western world anymore. Relgion should be taught at schools but the practice should be a personal aspect of life..

No muslim schools, no christian schools...

Just schools...

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

An insurance company has to ask certain questions in order to establish the suitability of a policy, for a given client. This is a given.

A private person, not a company, but a private citizen may ask about ones personal habits when considering a person for employment in their home, or about their immediate person. That's legit.

But a company need only be aware of an applicants credentials. Their eating habits are nothing to do with eligibility for a position in a company. Of course, personal standards of conduct WHILE AT WORK are a matter of professionalism. Let's face it, there is a reason that there is only one kind of work that you can legitimately be interviewed for, in a pub.

edit on 6-7-2015 by TrueBrit because: Added detail.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

But a company need only be aware of an applicants credentials. Their eating habits are nothing to do with eligibility for a position in a company. Of course, personal standards of conduct WHILE AT WORK are a matter of professionalism. Let's face it, there is a reason that there is only one kind of work that you can legitimately be interviewed for, in a pub.

Airlines do not hire pilots that smoke, and other companies do the same. I don't see it stopping with just that... I wonder how well does an over weight person who looks not very healthy fair in the job market, or if a company own by Muslims make it a pork free zone...

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

To make sure that my post is not considered a direct threat of violence to
any particular person on this thread I am doing a thread reply...

I wish that the only problem we would face in the future is growing old. I
wish people would work together

So do I.

And all the 'get right with God' stuff is superfluous

I leave you all to your fate and
do wish you the best.

thanks.

You DO realize that right now, for Americans, that COULD BE the 'only problem', right? It could be (and is becoming more likely) that if the Bible-Thumping Holy Rollers would .....
back off and mind their own beeswax, we could get there.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
I wasn't going to post anymore here but after reading this I had to
reply...
I don't know what christian churches you have been to but the ones
I have attended aren't rabid christians,don't force their beliefs onto
others, and don't abuse others.
Political correctness and anti-decency ideals are destroying this once
great country.People are accepting behavior that is an abomination
as being normal and good,while demonizing the moral fabric of society.
Since the main topic of this thread concerns muslims...my prediction
is if they get any control over our country they would probably force
their sharia onto us.

I wasn't going to post, but after reading this, I had to.

When was this "once great country" that you describe?
Was it when the U.S. was enslaving blacks?
Was it when the U.S. was exterminating natives?
Was it when the U.S. had children working in mines and factories?
Was it when the U.S. was lynching free blacks?
Was it when the U.S. was involved in foreign wars?
Was it when the U.S. attacked striking workers with the military?
Was it when the U.S. attacked protesting former military with tanks?
Was it when the U.S. interred Japanese-Americans?
Was it when the U.S. nuked a broken enemy - twice?
Was it when the U.S. forbade black/white marriages?
Was it when the U.S. attacked protesting blacks with dogs and fire hoses?
Was it when the U.S. deposed democratically-elected leaders in other countries - not infrequently using violence?
Was it when the U.S. outlawed homosexuality?
Was it when the U.S. killed, by some projections, up to a million Iraqis through sanctions and military action?

Or is it only now, 239 years after its founding, that the U.S. is no longer great... because it allows some semblance of equality to a scattered few individuals that affects you naught at all?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: mamabeth
I wasn't going to post anymore here but after reading this I had to
reply...
I don't know what christian churches you have been to but the ones
I have attended aren't rabid christians,don't force their beliefs onto
others, and don't abuse others.
Political correctness and anti-decency ideals are destroying this once
great country.People are accepting behavior that is an abomination
as being normal and good,while demonizing the moral fabric of society.
Since the main topic of this thread concerns muslims...my prediction
is if they get any control over our country they would probably force
their sharia onto us.

I wasn't going to post, but after reading this, I had to.

When was this "once great country" that you describe?
Was it when the U.S. was enslaving blacks?
Was it when the U.S. was exterminating natives?
Was it when the U.S. had children working in mines and factories?
Was it when the U.S. was lynching free blacks?
Was it when the U.S. was involved in foreign wars?
Was it when the U.S. attacked striking workers with the military?
Was it when the U.S. attacked protesting former military with tanks?
Was it when the U.S. interred Japanese-Americans?
Was it when the U.S. nuked a broken enemy - twice?
Was it when the U.S. forbade black/white marriages?
Was it when the U.S. attacked protesting blacks with dogs and fire hoses?
Was it when the U.S. deposed democratically-elected leaders in other countries - not infrequently using violence?
Was it when the U.S. outlawed homosexuality?
Was it when the U.S. killed, by some projections, up to a million Iraqis through sanctions and military action?

Or is it only now, 239 years after its founding, that the U.S. is no longer great... because it allows some semblance of equality to a scattered few individuals that affects you naught at all?

A couple of facts in point.

"Involved in foreign wars?" Everyone was involved in foreign wars and I'd suggest out involvement in the foreign war against he Nazis was a good thing.

"Nuke a defeated country?" The Japanese were not defeated and an invasion of the mainland would have cost 1/2 million on the allied side and several million on the Japanese side. The bombs ended the war.

Deposed "democratic elected leaders?" Who? Hitler? Mussolini? Those democratically elected leaders?

The US did not "kill; a million Iraqis." Iraqis and Iranians killed a million Iraqis through sectarian violence.
edit on 6-7-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Deposed "democratic elected leaders?" Who? Hitler? Mussolini? Those democratically elected leaders?

I suspect he was referring to (among others) the president of Guatemala in the late 50s, Iran's prime minister in the early 50s, Ho Chi Min in Vietnam, Aliende in Chile, Aristide in Haiti, Jango in Brazil, Nkrumah in Ghana, Isabel Peron in Argentina, the Contra revolution in Nicaragua, Lugo in Paraguay, Yanukovich in the Ukraine, Shinawatra in Thailand, and that's just the democratically elected ones... if I start getting into the way Saddam Hussein was put into power, the attempts to oust Castro and Chavez, or the US involvement in Ghadafi's assassination, we'll be here awhile.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

I've heard that the 50's, 60's, and 70's were nice when you got past the Korean and Vietnam wars...

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

You DO realize that right now, for Americans, that COULD BE the 'only problem', right? It could be (and is becoming more likely) that if the Bible-Thumping Holy Rollers would .....
back off and mind their own beeswax, we could get there.

I'm not very religious but I think about 78% of the US population are Christians, so maybe you live in the wrong country for your desires.... I feel it is like someone bitching they can't have 5 wives in America....

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join