It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump says the right things, you gotta admit.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Trump has no filter. He's used to hurling stream-of-consciousness verbal diarrhea that generate applause from his cadre of sycophant yes-men who depend upon him for their livelihood.

Does he say stuff people agree with? Sure, as much as any rambling scattershot effort is bound to resonate with someone, somewhere eventually.

He's a starved media's dream. Stick a microphone in front him, then strap in and embrace the chaos.

"How's it goin' Donnie?" 30 minutes later... you got your footage for cable news.

My dream debate strictly for the hilarity: Donald Trump vs. Joe Theismann. It would be exhausting, especially since they'd both be simultaneously expounding on completely different topics. I bet it would be an hour before anyone noticed.
edit on 7/2/2015 by yeahright because: Spelling typo

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

No Surprise Obama failed the litmus test as well. I can't really think of a running candidate that passes the test. Not sure where Bernie Sanders stands on the issue but will look.

You want to confirm the integrity of a politician see what they have to say about illegal immigration. The immigration issue should be the litmus test for politicians.

If they don't mention the following key points in regards to immigration, than they are not genuine, or truthful , or they are lacking brain activity:

1. We are not equipped to handle a complete stop of illegal immigration.

2. You stop illegal immigration by prosecuting the Corporations and Businesses that hire them.

3. Two of the largest lobbying industries are direct benefactors of cheap slave labor: Agriculture and Hospitality.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Wow, Don't know too much on Bernie Sanders but it looks he passed the politicians litmus test. I'm actually surprised.

He hits two of the main points: 1 and 2 and passes the test unlike Obama, trump or others that I'm aware of in the running.

If they don't mention the following key points in regards to immigration, than they are not genuine, or truthful , or they are lacking brain activity:

1. We are not equipped to handle a complete stop of illegal immigration.

2. You stop illegal immigration by prosecuting the Corporations and Businesses that hire them.

3. Two of the largest lobbying industries are direct benefactors of cheap slave labor: Agriculture and Hospitality.

www.sanders.senate.gov...

"The Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act addresses the concern all of us have about securing our borders, something I strongly support. It addresses the need to hold employers accountable for hiring illegal immigrants, something the Bush administration has neglected. It addresses the contentious and difficult issue of how we respond to the reality that there are some 12 million illegal immigrants in this country today, and carves out a path which eventually leads to citizenship, which I also

edit on 54731America/ChicagoThu, 02 Jul 2015 11:54:01 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Instead of raising the minimum wage appropriately in conduction with inflation…

Aren't we making a lot less than today than the average person in the 60's on a comparative level?

The 1% would rather us lower out standards of living and become poorer than allow for everyone to have a real chance of rising up through the middle class.

Instead of paying people properly we have decided to open our borders and take advantage of cheap and Illegal labor.

Raise the minimum wage!
Crack down on corporations with heavy fines for hiring illegal immigrants!
Send the illegal immigrants bad to where they came from and ask them to politely fill out the proper paperwork to immigrate here legally!
We'd love for you to come back and be a real American, just do it the proper way, like my ancestors dis and I'm sure most of the readers on this thread's ancestors did.

Oh, and by raising the minimum wage, I'm not talking about then jacking up the price of a hamburger. I'm saying raise the minimum wage and lower the CEO and corporate salaries.

That's right, lower the corporate salaries to accommodate the higher pay to the operational workers.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Obama agrees with Trump

www.breitbart.com...

During a town hall style event in Nashville to discuss Obamacare, President Obama referred to some illegal immigrants as “gang-bangers,” adding they should be deported.

Obama made his remarks after he was asked if he would expand Obamacare benefits to illegal immigrants.

“We should not be encouraging illegal immigration,” he remarked to the group. “What we should be doing is setting up a smart legal immigration system that doesn’t separate families but does focus on making sure that people who are dangerous, people who are, you know, gang-bangers, who are criminals that we’re deporting as quickly as possible.”

Obama is clever isn't he.

Says one thing and does the opposite with aggressive vigor.

He says: "“We should not be encouraging illegal immigration,”"

In the meantime: we are encouraging illegal immigration.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777
a reply to: xuenchen

Some illegal immigrant ARE gang-bangers. And we shouldn't be encouraging illegal immigration. But that's not at all what Trump said.

Obama does not agree with Trump. That's just disingenuous.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright
My dream debate strictly for the hilarity: Donald Trump vs. Joe Theismann.

I wanna see Trump and Cristie go at each other! Both "sayin' it like it is". Talk about hilarity! That would get heated really fast!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

But that's not at all what Trump said.

He did however, take focus away from the truth and real issues associated with illegal immigration.

Obama does not agree with Trump. That's just disingenuous.

He might not agree with him, but they are both doing the exact same thing and taking focus away from the real issues associated with immigration.

As far as I'm aware Obama has not gone after the Corporations that are hiring and giving incentives for illegal immigrant to come.

Like Trump, Obama is playing nice with two large lobbying industries : Agriculture and Hospitality and taking focus away from why they are truly coming illegally into this country.

edit on 16731America/ChicagoThu, 02 Jul 2015 12:16:09 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
This may or may not be relevant.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad
If your a billionaire and own many company's with over a 100000 employees I'm sure he didn't know about it. The immigrants are here now and what do you think the economy is doing now definitely not blossoming. The Donald will talk but I think he will at least do something because he's a ego maniac so he can rub it in the faces of all the haters.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
He has no solutions........he has platitudes, ive said this over and over.......

Also whats with all the new members coming on here promoting trump?

Sorry my A.D.D kicked in........

At any rate hes got nothing to offer and the only thing ive heard him say as a solution which was "Tariffs" would lead to economic disaster........

The guys a rodeo clown and wouldnt last 2 min in a debate with Sanders, Hillary, Rand, or even Ted.......like any of those people or not, they would eat him alive......
edit on 7/2/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: yeahright
My dream debate strictly for the hilarity: Donald Trump vs. Joe Theismann.

I wanna see Trump and Cristie go at each other! Both "sayin' it like it is". Talk about hilarity! That would get heated really fast!

I would actually pay to see that on Pay Per View........could you imagine how funny that would get

Hair flappin and jowls and man boobs shaking........
edit on 7/2/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog
Nice to see Trump condemning immigrants for ruining a country built by immigrants. It wasn't like the first settler-immigrants that came to the Americas were the cream of the crop of European society. They were considered the rejects of the Western world.

Oh, you mean the people who wanted religious freedom thus broke away from England. Calling them rejects is a bit much, no?

Plus the country wasn't built on the whole of ILLEGAL immigrants. Many of our families came here legally which is called EMMIGRATION and were fully supported by the US to do so. Also anglicisation of their backgrounds, such as with last names names, to obtain employment and fit in with the American Society.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Obama agrees with Trump

www.breitbart.com...

During a town hall style event in Nashville to discuss Obamacare, President Obama referred to some illegal immigrants as “gang-bangers,” adding they should be deported.

Obama made his remarks after he was asked if he would expand Obamacare benefits to illegal immigrants.

“We should not be encouraging illegal immigration,” he remarked to the group. “What we should be doing is setting up a smart legal immigration system that doesn’t separate families but does focus on making sure that people who are dangerous, people who are, you know, gang-bangers, who are criminals that we’re deporting as quickly as possible.”

Gang Bangers, cartel members, illegally immigrating: That should be a major concern with illegal immigration.

The whole damn issue is beyond screwed up anyway. With not trying to be off topic but the Fast and Furious-like activity by the Feds, etc., encouraging Mexico to be more cartel run than it already was. It's bleeding over into the Southwestern boarder of the US where TX towns for example are now being run by these cartels. Maybe presidential hopefuls and even the POTUS can focus on this issue too of overrun areas? The media sure isn't it would rather push divides and half truths about what politicians say.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

...could you imagine how funny that would get

Hair flappin and jowls and man boobs shaking........

LOL! It got a lot funnier when I read that! I just think it could get really entertaining. I hope they both make it into the first debate.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013
a reply to: PredatorCrackling

Seriously?
Are people REALLY considering that egomaniac to be a good choice?

Here's the deal, he's just like every other non-politician business person running for political office, he doesn't know the first thing about moderation, common sense, diplomacy or generally running a country. Like all other business people who go into politics, he thinks it's as easy as hiring people to balance the books, and he's idiotically simplistic in his arrogance.

Why does he "sound good"? Because he's pandering to the simple-minded easy vote, the people who also think it's real easy to make a decision about something like immigration, a knee-jerk idiotic choice where the ramifications are not immediately obvious.

Whether people want to accept this or not, he's ranting about something like immigration and suggests he would simply end it, and getting cheers from the equally simplistic voter who doesn't understand the consequences of that decision (which is why we elect sensible, experienced, moderate people into office), and he's ignoring the FACT that doing so would destroy hundreds of thousands of businesses across the country. And these aren't large corporations with a pool of backers they can hit up for money, these are small, growing, family run businesses who rely on affordable labor by people who are just starting out, in jobs that the average American citizen would not do for that wage.

Please pay attention here:

Your demand for cheaper prices has created a scenario where the corporate retailer has locked farmers into a deal that they have no choice but to accept, and this covers everything produced in America.
In turn, the profits those farmers now make have been slashed over the last 20 years.
Because of this, they cannot survive while paying an American worker the pay they would demand.
Therefore they rely on migrant workers just starting out, paying them less.

The moment you end that supply of migrant workers those farmers either go out of business, or the more wealthy ones start hiring American workers who demand more pay.
That means all your produce goes up in price, along with being harder to get (because how many Americans would actually work minimum wage on a farm?)

But, like I say, the average knee-jerk voter doesn't have the intelligence to think about the ramifications of such a decision, do they? They don't consider what will happen six months after the decision is made, and then when they experience the results of their demands they start blaming the government for the problem THEY VOTED FOR.

It almost doesn't matter if he understands these things himself, because all he's doing is pandering to the simple-minded voter on an issue he thinks will gain more traction, while others actually get that it's not that easy.

Vote for this loon at your peril.

Your argument for the illegal work force is the same argument they used about slavery. We can't end it will destroy us. Google rape tree or how many death have occurred from people illegally entering into this country or those who DHS has let go that have violent criminal records.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I think it's funny when someone takes a jab at the establishment while simultaneously supporting someone like...Donald trump...
Yea, he's a real revolutionary...the establishment's gonna run scared if he gets elected! Riiiight...

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedParrotHead
Look, we miss our chance at this in '92 by nor electing Ross Perot. Let's not make the same mistake this time around!

Anyone who becomes President of the United States has to "cow tow" to the "Military Industrial Complex", even Donald Trump is not immune to the guaranteed "CIA visit" once in office (just like Ross Perot before him).

Be assured they will pay him a visit, if he ever wins, and like Ventura, Schwarzenegger and Obama, he too will "toe the line" and "play ball" when they tell him what the real rules are. For example, why in the world did Arnold Schwarzenegger need to do ANYTHING along party lines? His fame transcended parties, yet somehow he was "answering" to politicians who "in theory" should have had no affect on his personal life or fortune which existed COMPLETELY outside of the "Military Industrial Complex". Also consider this angle, there was a huge difference between Mitt Romney who has a $250 million net worth and both Ross Perot with a $5 billion net worth and Donald Trump with a $4 Billion net worth. Note, its NOT the money, Mitt is a government insider and comes from family that always has been, that is not the case at all with Perot or Trump.

Ross Perot dropping out of the 1992 election was not happenstance or simply about his daughters wedding:

Mr. Perot offered no evidence, only quoting friends and an unidentified "top Republican." "I can't prove any of it today," he said on tonight's CBS News program "60 Minutes." "But it was a risk I did not have to take," he added, "and a risk I would not take where my daughter is concerned." Mr. Perot accused the unidentified C.I.A. employee of being hired to tap into his computerized stock trading program to prevent him from having the money to revive his campaign.

I think Ross Perot would have done a much better job than ANY of the good ol' boys we've gotten as Presidents since then. Him dropping out of the 1992 election was not happenstance, nor was it simply about his daughters wedding. Donald Trump will be no different, if he decides to run for President.
edit on 2-7-2015 by boohoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Trump may be running some kind of interference for Bush or Hillary.

He makes the sober look good by making the election a side show and a circus

People look at him and then say: Oh Hillary and Bush look so good compared to him.

He also makes Obama look good

While his buffoonery seems like an ego trip his hogging media time should be viewed potentially through a conspiracy lens.

Look at the major real issues he hides:

TPP…Greece…ISIS…racial tensions, particularly the first two that herald, many feel, doom for the world economy and the final plan to institute worldwide austerity

Also Trump focusing on the distractive issue: immigration is a clear indication he may be in the election to run interference for either Hillary or ironically Bush

Only on Al Jazeera or BBC can one ever get any other news but the Trump buffoonery

The media keeps the side show going on and the sinister behind the scenes plotters come closer to finalize their plans

Bottom line Trump may be as dumb as he is acting and looking but then again

Maybe not

edit on 2-7-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog
He was speaking of illegal immigrants.The immigrants from Europe assimilated into society .The illegals from down south fill 30% of California prisons. Some people don't like to hear the truth from the Donald. (duck) Go ahead build that wall and make em follow the law.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join