It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lurker for several years. New addition.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Hello,

I've been following all of you for a number of years, had a few drinks this evening, and decided to join up. I check ATS most mornings when I'm on the can, before I go to work. There's been just too many threads where I've cried out loud "that's silly!" or "thank you for pointing that out" or "do we live on the same planet?" I felt an overwhelming need to participate in the crazy, sensible, and subversive conversations that I spy on every day.

I'm basically like most other middle-aged white guys. Except, my partner is also a middle-aged white guy. As a professional, and academic, in the natural sciences field, I am prone to using logic over morals and gut-instinct. You can expect only straight-forward analysis, non-confrontational inquiry, and high standards for evidence from me.

My primary interests are in politics, natural resources, and history. However, my favorite page is the New threads, because it's fresh every morning.

Changing direction a bit, I noticed that I wasn't able to start a new thread in this forum from the main Introductions page. I needed to go to a current thread before I saw the "New Thread" button. I'm not new to online forums and UI, so I suspect that it is due to either my recently changed browser settings or the website itself.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: rationalconsumer 'On the can'? Really? Well Welcome. Once you have so many posts you can make a new thread in most topics. It is either 10 or 20. Thanks for introducing yourself.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Thank you. I understand the new member posting requirement, but the orientation threads seemed to indicate that the Introductions forum would be the exception to the rule.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Welcome. We are mostly all interested in your perspective, even if it's diametrically opposed to our own, no matter your lifestyle choices. I like to think we participate here because of this, not in spite of it…..
So, a special welcome, for any whose choices may be a little different.

You must make 20 posts, I believe, before you can make your own thread. This, your introduction, will serve as a convenient place, where members greet you and give you a chance to respond, in order to make your 20 posts, so you can tell us more about your point of view….which we call your POV…
Nice to meet you.
See you on the boards
tetra50

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: rationalconsumer

Awesome first post.

You can post here before your 20 and can post a reply in any thread.

To post a new thread after you have 20 posts you can go to the forums button on the top bar.
After that scroll down through all the different forum topics to find one that fits what you want to talk about.
after clicking on one you will see the same plus in a circle icon. Then you make whatever thread you want. Frame it how you want.. You will probably see me around.

You are quite open.
I like that a lot.

Welcome my friend. Can I call you friend? I hope so.

PS. my first post was also after a few drinks. A good decision for me.

edit on 2-7-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   

I've been following all of you for a number of years

And they said I was paranoid , I knew I was being followed !!

I check ATS most mornings when I'm on the can, before I go to work

It's nice when new members tell us about aspects of their lives but sometimes .... Too much information.

Welcome to ATS rationalconsumer , we always need more rationality.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Good intro! I will read you around the forums!

new topics

top topics

join