It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Light signal "codes" to use with other drivers?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I was taught that from about age 4, that it is common courtesy to warn other drivers of speed traps or their lights being off or some other upcoming issue. A couple of flashes of the high beam.

Speeding laws, get rid of all of those. And a whole bunch of other road laws too all need to be gone.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: semperfortis
Just a note

Certain states have a law against flashing lights to warn others of a radar unit ...

It's over 200 dollars in a state I used to work in

Just an FYI

Those laws could be challenged as un-Constitutional with several cases of legal precedent upholding that action as protected free speech.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Here in South Africa, It's generally accepted that flashing one's headlights is taken to be a warning of something ahead (be it speed trap, accident, potholes, or any other event) that would need oncoming traffic to be aware of/slow down for.

Also, when overtaking another vehicle, if that vehicle moves over somewhat to give you more space to safely pass (especially in the case of large trucks that give way by moving into the yellow emergency lanes), it is common courtesy to flash your orange hazard lights two or three times to say thanks.

Other than those two, I can't think of any other light signals that we here in S.A. use...

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

"Those laws could be challenged as un-Constitutional with several cases of legal precedent upholding that action as protected free speech."

Agreed. You're lucky in the USA to have a constitution. Don't let them reduce it or take it away. Then you'll end up like fake ass Britain, where free speech / writing doesn't exist.

<< 1   >>

join