It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom to Chains Paul Harvey 1965

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I saw a couple of Paul Harvey clips coming up lately . The first was "a open letter to God" the second "if I were the devil". I always love both of them they seem prophetic .

I remembered my favorite clip so I did a search and could not find reference to it here. I was quite surprised because Paul Harvey was one of the clearest thinkers in recent history . His news was nonbiased insightful and educational . His The Rest of the Story segments were entertaining and factual .

Still many of the things he said in the 60s rang true then and still ring true today. If you haven't seen the following video watch it it will knock your socks off. It is completely logical, rational , insightful, historically accurate and uncannily predicts the path we are currently on .

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
S&F for you...And now....for the rest of the story. One of the greatest philosophers (to me) that has ever lived.
edit on 1-7-2015 by Gothmog because: dang grammar

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Can you imagine what would CNN say about him if he spoke those words today?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Can you imagine what would CNN say about him if he spoke those words today?

He would be banned and everything burned.....Even though it was so much the truth.
"There are none so blind as those that will just not see"
" Some people , if they dont know ,you cant tell them"

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

There could be a whole thread on Paul Harvey. There are thousands of clips online spanning 40 years .

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

There could be a whole thread on Paul Harvey. There are thousands of clips online spanning 40 years .

Considering he was on TV , radio every day. And I listened as much as I had the chance. Didnt miss many. Sometimes , I still catch his radio show on one of the stations. Ah , for the good old days of true commentaries . Not the tripe that they have today.
edit on 1-7-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I loved his soft spoken words of wisdom. Growing up he would be on 770am WABC in NYC. 'And now the rest of the story' his son is doing his part now I believe, carrying on the tradition.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I always enjoyed the way he spoke. He would never rant and rave, just gently, quietly and inexorably make his case, point by point, until you realized what he was actually saying..."You're being screwed, wake up and take back control before it's too late". Too bad enough didn't listen. And whether you were a fan or think he's an old fashioned, out of date relic, you have to admit...He was right.
edit on 2-7-2015 by DAVID64 because: typo

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I always enjoyed the way he spoke. He would never rant and rave, just gently, quietly and inexorably make his case, point by point, until you realized what he was actually saying..."You're being screwed, wake up and take back control before it's too late". Too bad enough didn't listen. And whether you were a fan or think he's an old fashioned, out of date relic, you have to admit...He was right.

One of my favorite things about him was. He would not give his seal of approval on a product he advertised unless he had tried it himself and approved of it.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
the only thing that got me was his support, and promotion of goods sold only at walmart.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I did not know they sold Curtis Mathes TVs at Walmart ?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

not all of his promotions were for products that came from walmart, but he did indeed promote walmart and products sold only at their stores.

and just so you know they did,

In the late 1990s to early 2000s, the Curtis Mathes brand became an in-house brand for the KMart discount chain. As of late 2007, Curtis Mathes had re-emerged with products marketed at several discount retailers such as Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, Meijer and Target.
Curtis Mathes Corporation

edit on 2-7-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I honestly did not know that about Curtis Mathis thanks . Paul Harvey was first off a patriot secondly a conservative. If you listen to his broadcast you knew that . Hell if you heard the whole broadcast you knew that in 1965 .

Think of it this way ..... " there has been only one guy that was perfect and they hung him from across too"

Myself I can listen to someone's opinion and judgment it on its merits . I do not discount someone's opinion based on their political ideology or where they shop .
edit on 2-7-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I honestly did not know that about Curtis Mathis thanks . Paul Harvey was first off a patriot secondly a conservative. If you listen to his broadcast you knew that . Hell if you heard the whole broadcast you knew that in 1965 .

i did indeed know that about him, that's why i said that what got me.
to promote walmart the way he did, didn't make any sense to me.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Did the video in the OP make any sense to you?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I don't think there is one millennial who can sit still long enough to listen all the way through a 12 minute radio segment.

If forced to do so, how many times would they check their phone?

Good radio is a thing of the past, as is good journalism.

Paul Harvey was a wonderful gift to our country, but he could never have the influence he did today.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

of course it does. i've seen just about everything he said come to pass and get even worse. but i held the hope and still do that it won't happen.
but to tell you the truth, i do believe it is a false hope.

top topics

join