It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immortalily Gene

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 12:45 AM
link   
i think a lot of people are getting immortality and invunerability confused.

but ya 400 years of anna nicole, i'd go crazy. tv is dying! i'll feel bad for my kids....

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Could you immagine 400 years of British Soaps....sorry, i was in london last year and those dramas were so boring...and that show post man pat...screw being abducted my aliens, i was scared postman pat and his black and white cat were gonna come and anal probe me!

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
i was scared postman pat and his black and white cat were gonna come and anal probe me!

That says more about you than it does about British soaps!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Man i was stuck babysitting my 3 year old cuzin all day long all she would watch is that show. its ridiculous.

But on a serious note once again.
, I would personaly push to ban research into this gene.

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Anyone heard of the Good Luck man? He was a Shoalin Monk that was meant to live for 500 years to my knowledge, i cant rember of the top of my head ill have to go back to kung fu and read it up. But he spent just about all his life traning in the mountains, interesting story

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a 400 year old chick sounds sexy....ehhhh

A person would witness an enormous amount of death in 400 years...more than I could handle.

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
Is it so important Byrd ? Who want to live 400 years ?

It will be necessary once we're no longer chained to the Earth.

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 04:12 AM
link   
And I thought that most of you were so happy with your life... I know I was right back then...
deep in our hearts we know that even in the "free west" our life is terrible...

But anyway I sure would like to live for so long, that'll give me some extra time to find the truth and it'll give me enough time to spend on all my interests and I have a lot lot lot lot of interests. I will try to live in every country around the globe for some time.... Man I can keep going on talking about what I would do if I could live so long.

And I think that things wouldn't be that bad like some of you said. Remember that great scientists would also be able to do some more research etc. I think we'll be better off if we could live for so long.. I guess people would respect life more than they are doing right now.

If you really understand life, you'd want to live forever...
I only wish humans did understand and respect life... I hope we will someday.

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 06:55 AM
link   
hmm id say immortality is a curse more than a gift... i wouldnt mind living long but im kinda anti medical so id like to live the longest i can naturally, im on a alrite start havnt gotten sick since i started kung fu
(3 and a half years)

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Good luck man?......Sounds interesting, You mind giving some more feedback about him.
Deep

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 04:24 PM
link   
With this gene, your personality will eventually fade away. You'd probably need drugs that'd pump up your energy. Since that is the only part of the body that's not immortal. It's like fuel.

If it's possible to operate LIFE like you do with a door (shut and open); waking up in a rhetoric and highly developed world would give you some problems in life. Like a stubborn door that won't close.

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Has anyone seen that Twilight Zone Episode where the guy has been living since Pluto was around cuz he did this thing and it made him live until someone killed him? He HATED his life, but he was so afraid of dying. Eventually, someone killed him. But he was so sick of living. And he kept having to leave everything he fell in love with cuz they were realizing that he never aged. I would hate to be that old. You get your own timespan. You have to live like you are gonna die tomorrow. I love my life, and I live it to the fullest, but I would never ever wanna live that long. I think I'd rather die naturally than be drugged to live for 400 or 800 years. That's a looooonnngg time.

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I would love to live for 400 years.Think of all the things you could see.Good and bad.Technology has come a long ways in the last 100 years.I would like to see it in 400.The trick is to keep mankind alive for another 400 years.That might be tougher than it sounds.
I imagine we would look like Yoda.........

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Nyeff
That is a good point. Look how far we'v gone in the last 100 years, who knows how far we'll get in the next 400.

But still, you would have to live alone for 400 years, well thats not to say that you wont get laid or anything in those 400 years.

But if one were to get emotionaly attached to a women/man, She/He would age normaly, but we would age much slower.

Unless your Ghetto and just care to get laid by anything that walks. LoL
Deep

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 09:03 PM
link   
umm ok say that we could live for 400 years or even a 1000 years ( life span not immortal ) would war or even an acident or illness make you die but it would be cool to see whats happening in 400 years

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by quango

It will be necessary once we're no longer chained to the Earth.

I totally agree. If mankind is to survive and proliferate, someday he is going to have to leave this planet. Living longer will be a definite advantage for man's journey into space.

The question is whether or not we would still retain our bodies in thier present form.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join