It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immortalily Gene

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I remember once reading a year or so back..that scientests had found a dormant gene that once revived would able humans to live up to 400 years.....does anyone remember reading about something like this at all?...I really dont remember where i read it..and info would help....
Deep

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Ever heard of centenarians, these are people who have lived up to 100 or more yrs. it is something common in my family, uncommon as it is. Unfortunetly cancer also runs strong so we live along time and may suffer through it all. I would like to see more info on this as well.

[Edited on 7-6-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Interesting.

My future grave : Ultra_Phoenix 1968-2368

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Alas, that gene is linked to stem cell research, and Bush banned that one about two years ago. If there are any breakthroughs, it might come in mouse genetics only and any human breakthroughs probably won't come from the American labs.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Is it so important Byrd ? Who want to live 400 years ?

Not me !

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
Is it so important Byrd ? Who want to live 400 years ?

Maybe you might not, but I can think of a LOT of research (anthropology) and other things that I could do with another 300 years of life. I'm just barely getting started!

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   
if i were immortal, then i wouldn't be involved in activities, any human relations, rather i would chronicle it all by myself alone somewhere. i would watch history unfold just to see what happens in the end. i would become the watcher, every war and administration every revolution, every uprising every downfall and all the discoveries of the past.

i know that our times on earth aren't so much as a meaning than a search to find meaning, then we die and go where ever we go when we die. i'm prepared to leave exsistance someday....

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Maybe you might not, but I can think of a LOT of research (anthropology) and other things that I could do with another 300 years of life. I'm just barely getting started!

I wasn't speaking about what we can do in a 400 years life. I was speaking about living a 400 years life.

And what after your 400 years ? You'll say : Geee, with 800 years, I would do so many researchs.

Everything has an end.

Also, think about the surpopulation problem. Or may be you'll say that we have not the right to do kids anymore ? Or that " just " some peoples have the right to live 400 years, but not the whole population ? And what if we have a new Saddam or Stalin who can live 400 years ?

No Byrd. 400 years, it doesn't sound good.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 03:54 PM
link   

And what if we have a new Saddam or Stalin who can live 400 years ?

Or a new Bush.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67

Or a new Bush.

Yes, why not...

Or a new Robert Mugabe, an Hitler, a Mao, the list is endless !

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Then again you could have another Malcom X Illmatic.

And what about telomeres, the aging clock, little caps on your DNA that tell your cells when to die?

XAOS

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by xaos
Then again you could have another Malcom X Illmatic.

America needs one desparately. Not so much the religious Malcolm X, but the political Malcolm X. Especially in these times...

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I think the gene would alow the body to survive for 400 plus years..actaully i think it was 800...lol...one of the 2.i forgot..but it would not make us imortal..i think we would still suffer like other humans...Im sure ultra_phoenix could easily end that span with a good shot to the head. Im sure thier would be millions of men and women who would go out of thier way to have this. Im not sure why..they would have thier own lil agendas..i really dont care.. But If someone like bush, stalin, hitler did aquire this it would not make them Imortal..just a bigger pain in the ass.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 06:42 PM
link   
We keep thinking of the Negative people who would aquire this gene...what about the good people who could aquire it...i cant think of any...lol...but people like einstien...Stephen Hawkings.....actaulyl wait...poor guy..400 years in that wheel chair talking through that creep voice..never mind...but you get the picture.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 06:52 PM
link   
It would be nice, but 400 years is too long for me
Although it would be nice to see what happens in the
future. Just think at what you would look like at 400.
Would you look the same as if you could only live untill you were 100 or would you just continue to age from
100 looking older and older?

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 07:02 PM
link   
If the human brain could survive 400 years we need to be a lot more technologically and socialogically advanced than we are now.

I would love to live until my brain is tired, but with the way the world is today it's also a frightening prospect.

I guess I'd like to see more stability in our societies before people live to 400.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Im sure the the process of aging would be much slower.....but from what i remember the gene is dormant in our bodys. If it were to be turned on.i dunno how...Im not really sure how the body would cope with the sudden change...maybe when were 200 we'll look like were 50-60 or so..when were 35- 400 around 80-120 years..i dunno...something like that...i personally would not want to live that long..well not yet im only 20 now..lifes too much right now. 380 more years is a lot to handle.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 11:29 PM
link   
i was just thinking.....if the the whole of the human population had these gene....would it no be a disaster..i mean we would breed the same but die much slower...our population would be huge...any insights..or would our goverments pass a law only allowing 1 child per family?...

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I think Dick Clark was a test subject...

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 12:41 AM
link   
lol......yeah i think hes way overdue..but on a serious note...what if anna nicole smith was a test subject....
...400 years off the anna nicole show.....ahhh

top topics

<<   2 >>

join