It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Good Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Assume for sake of argument that it's known fact that karma and reincarnation are real.

Assume for sake of argument that the amount of karma you accrue directly correlates with the quality of lives you receive in the future.

Now assume you've stockpiled a fortune in karma and find yourself in the afterlife talking with the designers who'll be coding your next run through this simulation. You have enough celestial currency available to live any life you want in any kind of body you desire.

So tell me, ATS: What do you choose?

What to you equals the good life?

Celebrity? Professional athlete? Billionaire?

Or something more discreet? Perhaps you wanna be a concert pianist or a viola virtuoso. Perhaps you wanna be a racing driver or a mountaineer guaranteed to never die on an expedition.

If you had the karma to afford it and could choose any life you wanted, what would your perfect existence be?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I would choose to become part of the designers team.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: gosseyn

You wanna design lives for spirits?

Great, I'll be your interviewer.

Are you comfortable meting out karmic punishment in addition to providing suitable rewards? Can you put aside your own personal grudges/preferences to create realities suitable to the needs of individual souls?

Prepare to spend a lot of time in the simulator coding and recoding scenes for the life. Then prepare to have your efforts go unappreciated in large because you'll never really interact with the spirits for whom you create lives. You'll just profile them on a celestial level then hop in the machine and start work.

Expect to work long nights and weekends. Also expect to develop a perfectionism complex. After all, you don't wanna be the guy who sends a spirit into incarnation after you messed up a vital scene. If the subject ends up not meeting his soulmate because of your coding error, you're gonna feel really awful for about the next hundred thousand years.
edit on 1-7-2015 by Trachel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

You talk about a spiritual being dashing off after things of interest only to the flesh.
Such an insane proposition.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trachel
a reply to: gosseyn

You wanna design lives for spirits?

Great, I'll be your interviewer.

Are you comfortable meting out karmic punishment in addition to providing suitable rewards? Can you put aside your own personal grudges/preferences to create realities suitable to the needs of individual souls?

Prepare to spend a lot of time in the simulator coding and recoding scenes for the life. Then prepare to have your efforts go unappreciated in large because you'll never really interact with the spirits for whom you create lives. You'll just profile them on a celestial level then hop in the machine and start work.

Expect to work long nights and weekends. Also expect to develop a perfectionism complex. After all, you don't wanna be the guy who sends a spirit into incarnation after you messed up a vital scene. If the subject ends up not meeting his soulmate because of your coding error, you're gonna feel really awful for about the next hundred thousand years.

I would be so thorough in my work that I will personally test every possible existence in this universe, not only of humans but also of the thousands of millions of alien species that live out there.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

You talk about a spiritual being dashing off after things of interest only to the flesh.
Such an insane proposition.

Do you think spirits don't wanna incarnate in material form?

If not, what are we all doing here?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Your type of karma, as you phase it is egotistic, and I don't think that it works that way.
Actually, I think it works mostly in the reverse.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I'd like to be whatever I need to be to learn my Cosmic lesson well.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Nah, you still get points for good deeds regardless of your motive.

But you haven't answered the question in the OP. What would your ideal life be?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Awesome perspective--then you're always living your dream life.

Does it feel like a dream to you right now?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Trachel; are you a cross-roads demon (TV Series - Supernatural) offering gullible people easy money ?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Tristran

Nope, I'm a sparkly sunshine angel offering people interesting questions!

new topics

top topics

join