It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Trek fans...I need help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Not sure if this is the right place for this.....there was an episode on the original Star Trek about a a race of people that were white on one side and black on the other...at the end when Kirk asks why they hate each other so...they explain in shock, "Can't you see that they have the black on the left side!? "Ours" is on the right side! I need the name of those aliens.....what were they called? I have a new kitten with his little face half black and half while....I though if I like the name, I may name him after them...

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Frank Gorshin plays Bele in LET THAT BE YOUR LAST BATTLEFIELD a Charonian Police Officer tracking down an outlaw named Lokei (played by Lou Antonio). His search brings him to The Enterprise. Bele insists that Lokei has committed some terrible crimes nad must pay the price. However Lokei pleads that his kind on Charon are treated like this by authority regardless of what they have done. Essentially this episode tackles the racism issue head on. Bele and Lokei are both Charonians but Bele has black skin on the right side and white on the left while Lokei is the reverse. The entire conflict seems to be a big joke but thats what the producers wanted to get across. That racism was ridiculous and pointless. The problem with this episode is it is way too preachy. The story is basically Bele and Lokei screaming at eachother about morals throughout. Thus the message is crammed down viewers throats. Still this is a great Star Trek episode despite the lack o developed plot. Good casting and a stragnely effective episode that deals with this issue that plagued the 60's.
www.amazon.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Thanks a bunch! I have been trying to search over the episode guides for a couple of days now...that was one of my favorite episodes other than "The Trouble With Tribbles" because of the making fun of our own racial stupidities....
Thanks again!

EDIT to add....I think we'll name him Lokei. I just took pics...I'll post one later in this thread

[edit on 12/26/2004 by LadyV]

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
dang kinglizard you beat me to it

here's a pic

from this site where you can find all of the star trek aliens
cage.p.tripod.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Good find on the StarTrek site pantha, they have waaay too much information. lol

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   

[edit on 12/26/2004 by LadyV]

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
What a cutie. That name seems perfect for your new family member.

Odd

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
we had a cat that looked similar... but she was named Fuzz Butt

top topics

join