It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV Land Pulls 'Dukes of Hazzard' Reruns

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Uh oh... here comes the PC police.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I just feel sorry for you Alphastrike, you are part of the reason we are where we are today, because narrow minded individuals can't understand that there's more than one side to every story. Don't mention that only an estimated 25% of citizens were slaveholders, so obviously there were A LOT of people fighting on the Confederate side that could care less about the slavery issue. You act like the upper ruling class is only a recent development, and that their intentions were no different than the everyday regular Joe. Go read some of the things written by the average Confederate soldier about the war, and you'll find out what some of the regular folks actually saw as the driving issues behind why they were fighting.

Just a few more interesting facts about the civil war and confederacy.

-OH, and nevermind that General Lee (confederacy) freed his slaves in 1862, 3 years before the end of the Civil War, by the way when the South was winning, not getting its butt kicked like you seem to think. Where as General Grant of the Union didn't free his slaves until the VERY end of the war.

-By the latter part of 1864 the CSA was moving toward ending slavery. In fact, there are indications that the Confederacy would have ended slavery even if it had survived the war, as prominent historians like J. G. Randall and David Donald have acknowledged (see Randall and Donald, The Civil War and Reconstruction, Lexington, Massachusetts: D.C. Heath and Company, 1969, p. 522).

-In his book Forced Into Glory: Abraham Lincoln’s White Dream (Chicago: Johnson Publishing Company, 2000), African-American author Lerone Bennett presents evidence that Lincoln only issued the Emancipation Proclamation in response to increasing pressure from the Radicals and in order to blunt the effect of a more drastic confiscation measure that Congress had already passed. Bennett also discusses evidence that Lincoln worked to minimize the effects of the proclamation almost as soon as he issued it.

-Lincoln and the North jailed somewhere between 10k-30k people that were labeled dissenters or traitors, not one documented case in the South.

-The Confederacy grew from seven states to eleven states when Lincoln made it clear he was going to launch an invasion to force the seceded states to rejoin the Union. Voters in the Upper South states of Arkansas, North Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia initially rejected secession by substantial margins. They were willing for their states to remain in the Union as long as Lincoln allowed the Deep South states to leave in peace. However, when Lincoln left no doubt he was going to use force, new votes were held in the Upper South states, and this time the results were strongly in favor of secession. It should be noted that these four states did not secede because of slavery but because they believed it was illegal and immoral to maintain the Union by violence.

-The confederate Congress specified that black soldiers were to receive the same pay as the white soldiers. The Union army’s black soldiers were paid less than the white soldiers. A black soldier in the Union army would have been paid $10 a month with a $3 clothing fee taken out, leaving the soldier with $7 a month. White soldiers were paid $13 a month and were not forced to pay a clothing allowance, which is almost twice as much as the black soldiers. By contrast the Confederate army paid their privates of both races $11/month until 1864. Equal pay for both races in the federal army did not come into effect until June 1864. The Confederate Army also authorized a salary for black musicians in 1862.

-MYTH - The War of 1861 - 1865 was fought over slavery.

FACT - Terribly untrue. The North fought the war over money. Plain and simple. When the South started Secession, Lincoln was asked, "Why not let the South go in peace?" To which he replied, "I can't let them go. Who would pay for the government?" Sensing total financial ruin for the North, Lincoln waged war on the South. The South fought the War to repel Northern aggression and invasion.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphastrike101
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

Trying to justify slavery by saying others were doing it and they were selling their own people does not make it right.

Ummm....where in God's name did you gather the idea that I- or anyone else on this thread- is trying to justify slavery? Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing, friend.

*pat pat* Well bless your heart.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Uh oh... here comes the PC police.

The PC police are firmly entrenched inside the very corporations the masses of sheeple get their orchestrated fake outrage from.

You have been community organized, how does it feel?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
The PC police are firmly entrenched inside the very corporations the masses of sheeple get their orchestrated fake outrage from.

You have been community organized, how does it feel?

Yeah, isn't sad to sit back and witness all these imbeciles who are so easily herded?

Stupidity has become a plague, they don't even open their eyes when the killers have broken into their own house. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyvalkyrie

originally posted by: alphastrike101

Trying to justify slavery by saying others were doing it and they were selling their own people does not make it right.

Ummm....where in God's name did you gather the idea that I- or anyone else on this thread- is trying to justify slavery? Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing, friend.

*pat pat* Well bless your heart.

Its called deflection and that is what you are doing. You are trying to shift blame on others for the souths ideology problem.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: alphastrike101

No she is not, you are trying to use irrational, emotional, delusional and over reactionary mindless fabrications against her character.

You are race baiting and acting like an able and willing useful slave for sinister individuals who wish to cause division between all Americans for more votes.

Try actually thinking next time, it usually works wonders my friend. Refusing to no longer being a herded piece of cattle is actually liberating. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
my only issue with this is that it implies that i should have guilt for appreciating that particular show as a kid.

I swear, if it becomes offensive to berate the "revenuers", and the pull the Beverly Hillbillies off the air, im heading to Mexico.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

Deflection behavior is when the narcissist blames others for their bad behavior and feels justified in bullying them. That is exactly what you and the last poster are doing. You are trying to blame me with not reguard to facts or context. The last poster was trying to say that people in them north were racist thus slavery in them south was acceptable at its time.
This is simply flawed logic.

And calls for the removal of the confederate flag on public land are from both left and right.

Being rational is realizing that them confederation was shamed and utterly defeated.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Good riddance Dukes of Hazard, it was good until people opened thier eyes to the symbolism.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

"the souths ideology problem"????

I have grown up, and currently live in the rural South. I can only speak of Texas, because that's what I know, maybe it's different elsewhere. But our ideology is: respect for the land/nature, respect for each other, hard work, family, resourcefulness, standing up for what's right, fighting tooth and nail if need be, independence and in most cases religious/spiritual grounding.

Notice a return to slavery and/or putting down the black man is nowhere in there. I said it in another thread and I'll say it here. Black folks are far outnumbered out here where I am, but the ones that are here are hard working family men/women. A lot of them own their own businesses and are quite successful. They are known and well respected by the community.

Example: I raise dairy goats and one of my most important contacts is a black man named Robert. One day I was at the hardware store and somehow the subject came up with the cashier. "Oh Robert? He's a real good fella." She says. Here's a random hardware store employee who knew exactly who I was talking about and knew what a good guy he was and what a successful business he runs.

As other posters have pointed out, the DoH were all about countering corrupt cops. Why can't you get behind THAT? Why do you insist on making a racist issue when there is none?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Symbolism?

Confederate= con/against federate/government

The flag on top of their car only serves to highlight their rebelliousness. There is nothing racist about the show. Quit buying the hype and try thinking critically for yourself.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

It's not even for more votes. This latest round of 'divide and conquer' was a diversionary tactic to mask the fast track of the TPP (Trans Pacific Partnership). For those of you who haven't heard of it: it's a top secret trade agreement that will end up costing American jobs (now that we've already lost manufacturing and tech support/call centers), the terms are totally hush hush until it's passed all the way through.

But hey, a stupid flag that's been around for 150 years and bastardized by a handful of racists is so much more important, right?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

It's actually more like good riddance TVLand for having a knee jerk reaction and pulling off a harmless TV show that has been shown in one way or another for the past 30 years.

No more TVLand in my house.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Oh, come on! Show some respect. The General Lee was driven by Superman's dad.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: EverydayInVA

Your conclusion of the cause of them civil war is simply false.

The cause of the civil war were uncompromising differences between free and slave states.

There was a number of compromises and laws past leading up to them civil war.
The Missouri compromise first let in one slave state and one free states to the union in and effort to balance free and slave states. Ie Missouri joined the union as a slaverly states while Maine joined as a free states to balance the union.

Then was them compromise of 1850. This compramise stoped the expansion of slave states in return for strengthen the fugitive slave act. While this compromise postponed a war anti- slaverly people were outraged that they would be forced to take part in the institution they strongly disagreed on.

Then came the kansas-nebraska act that basically voided the missouri compromise. This act gave people the option to vote wether a new states joining the union was to join as a free or slave states. This act caused anti and pro slavery folks to flock to the territory in hopes to votefree or slave states.

This act caused the split up of them whig party into democrat south and republican north. This also caused blood shed in said territory between pro and anti slaverly people.
The violence lasted years with events such as Dred Scott decision and them John Brown rebellion.

So as you can see there was not a zero sum cause of them civil war but gradual rise of tensions between north and south.

At the root of this rise of tensions was states being admitted into the union as a free or slave states.

To say slaverly had nothing to down with it is simply false, as there were a number of factors and compromises that lead up to the war.

edit on 6-7-2015 by alphastrike101 because: Spell check changed "the" to "them" so I changed "them" back to "the"

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

The souths ideology problem was solved when the north smacked the souths flawed logic out of their head, a long time ago.

I down find it classic that after you try to deflect blame of the souths slaverly ideology you go on to claim you know a black guy. Classic illogical justification for your self and totally irrelevant.

Facts is that the south was pro slaverly and enacted laws that forced the north to take part in the institution in the form of the fugitive slaverly act, dred scott decision, ect. The north was fighting a government in the south that wanted to forced aspects of slaverly on abolitionists in the north.

The north was rebelling from such compramises and acts I mention.

edit on 6-7-2015 by alphastrike101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Aww man, you got me. Every man, woman and child in the South 150 years ago just lived every minute to keep the black man down and keep him enslaved. Meanwhile every man, woman and child in the North never owned one slave since the birth of the nation and fought a tireless crusade to elevate the black man to equal status in society. Abraham Lincoln was a saint and the South totally deserved to be invaded, totally deserved to have their farms ransacked, cities bombed, women raped and children killed. And I'm sure somehow the South is responsible for all the Africans who captured and sold their own people. Oh, and the South not only wanted to keep all their slaves, but they wanted to force Northern abolitionists to keep slaves as well.

Oh....and I totally don't know any black people. I was making that up too.

Wow. You are a master debater. I just can't compete.

edit on 6-7-2015 by ladyvalkyrie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Actually I got it right the first time. No need to have paranoid delusions just because someone points out your irrationality.

My classic General Lee toy car still has the confederate flag on top, and there is nothing that you PC robots can do about it. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
SheopleNation

non sequitur.
edit on 7-7-2015 by alphastrike101 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join