It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV Land Pulls 'Dukes of Hazzard' Reruns

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Seems like one day the mountain did get them, but at least the law didn't.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
This is to far, just keep it off the gov buildings.

But don't see how one tv station making a choice is some how the fault of the nation and a side of the political spectrum...

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
This is to far, just keep it off the gov buildings.

But don't see how one tv station making a choice is some how the fault of the nation and a side of the political spectrum...

Come on man. You and I both know this is a contagion that is going to end up with the burning of books......

This momentum of PC is a cancer that has enveloped everyone regardless of political belief.

It has become a Tit for Tat that will end up destroying all of us......

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Hahaha!

I'm laughing, kind of in an insane way.

I'm sure some white kid was watching Dukes of Hazaard, and decided to get all racist.

Or a black kid watched it, and feared the white man.

After all, they were "Just'a good ol' boys
Never meanin' no harm."

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Let's just cut to the end game.....one channel, one show for all of our PROGRAMMING needs.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Let's just cut to the end game.....one channel, one show for all of our PROGRAMMING needs.

Gave ya a star, but hated like hell doing it?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
And TV Land has the *Gall* to leave the Rosanne Barr shows on !!!!!!

Possible 8th Amendment violations !!!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: admirethedistance
This is goddam stupid. God. Damn. Stupid.

This is what happens when your nation turns into a country full of giant womens sexual anatomy, who get offended at everything and need to be validated constantly.....

On the upside, when and if the SHTF , they will be the first to go!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

1984 anyone?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
What's that? Stores really wanted to stop selling merchandise? No, they didn't they were asked to do so by the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. Suspect this was too.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Well, Lots of Folks think Black people are offensive.....perhaps they should be banned too...the black people that is.

When I was young, We ate Nigger Boys, sucked on Fags and hugged our Gollywogs.

Nigger boys were black Licorice squares, Fags were candy mini cigarettes, and a Golly was a soft doll with fuzzy hair that happened to be black.
Not once did we think of Africans, slaves, racism, black people etc etc.

That was taught by the Old People, and the media, as we grew up.

(BTW..Nigra is the Latin word for Black, which is a 2000+ year old language. I understand that the Romans Did Not call African people Nigra = Black. they had their own country/area/tribal names for them.

Not to forget, Europe has the Black Sea, Black Forrest, Blackpool etc etc. ....Nothing to do with Africans.)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: admirethedistance
This is goddam stupid. God. Damn. Stupid.

This is what happens when your nation turns into a country full of giant womens sexual anatomy, who get offended at everything and need to be validated constantly.....

On the upside, when and if the SHTF , they will be the first to go!

Very , very well said.From the state that comes in no.2 behind Texas - Georgia.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
It's hard to believe so many Americans could be so gullible to go along with this super large pile of PC excrement. I suppose it all has to do with money too. No one wants to be targeted as supporting an icon that has now been demonized to death so they won't lose customers and advertising dollars and what not... Pathetic country America. This is nothing compared to what is in store for America however.

The people are not doing it, it is the coward scared industries that are afraid of getting strong armed by lawsuits from action groups which in turn causes bad publicity which in turn costs them more money. Cheaper to cover themselves because they see what is coming by just self policing themselves into what is Politically Correct every changing moment.

The minority view action groups are dictating to the masses. The Courts have been shaped to play a part also.

Welcome to Mr Community Organizer's new America.

Soon anyone that displays their southern heritage will get the same Nazi treatment as Christians. You cannot work in public service as a Christian anymore without violating your principles so it is basically a ban on them working, next they will be smashing and looting their storefronts.......ooops riots already happening, then they will burn the books.....oops erasing History with this very issue.....then the arm bands will come, relocation, gas chambers. The road they are on is being revealed.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   

edit on 2-7-2015 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Liberal Fascism

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Soon anyone that displays their southern heritage will get the same Nazi treatment as Christians.

I wish you hadnt said that. Already concerned they will cut my vocal cords.Is it too late to learn from my Iraqi friends to speak with an Arabic accent ? Already got my wife to toss her Gone with the Wind and Blue and Gray movies. Probably need to stop eating cornbread and chicken as well.And I didnt even like the Dukes of Hazzard.Well , except for Daisy Duke and her Daisy Dukes.....

edit on 2-7-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I don't agree with that this will lead to burning books but I do agree that this is to far.
One station that probably no one watches taking a show that everyone who wants to see it has seen 800 times taking a show off the air is not a huge deal.
That being said, sincethey are doing this because of the flag issue then I agree it has gone to far.

Over blown PC is a cancer yes, but just gets old that people just claim PC police when something happens they don't agree with.

With progressives getting all the stink, like cons aren't doing the very same things.

edit on ndThu, 02 Jul 2015 00:31:36 -0500America/Chicago720153680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I agree with you, O.P. There is a distinction from flying the confederate flag at a government building and it being used in a piece of art, like a television series. It obviously represented freedom and some other things in that series, not racism. The fact that it was used in art to make a statement not related to racism shows that there is more to it than racism and slavery.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: alphastrike101

Apparently you need to dust off your American history book. There have been many armed rebellions in the US.

Armed rebellions yes, but here is what I previously posted: "believing in your cause enough to secede and eventually go to war."

You'd have to agree seceding doesn't happen much, right?

I mean if shame and defeat are the ultimate end of "staring adversity in the face" and the legacy of slaverly and subsequent ass kicking are things to be put up the pole than by all means display your misguided "pride".

Settle down man, I'm not advocating slavery, the confederacy, or flag displays at the capitol. What I am saying is people see that flag in many different ways. As much as it seems you'd like it to exclusively represent slavery to everyone - I hate to break it to you - but many people don't view it that way. I've seen black people who aren't even offended by that flag that have stated it means more to them than slavery. People are different, not everyone equates that battle flag exclusively with slavery, shame and defeat like you do.

Also as a side note the South did it's share of "ass kicking" as well, so well in fact, that more union solders died in battle than confederate for whatever it's worth.
See for yourself Civil War Casualties
edit on 2-7-2015 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I knew this was going to happen. It was the next logical step. I called on queenofswords thread. I loved that show as a kid and of course daisy duke.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join